ReR Caption Fan Club Thread

zoso13zeppelin

Well done Rabia. You got a couple right and a couple were very close.

Last chance to redeem yourselves, I think you can get this if you try hard:

Lerrim purrizaton

It ain't a hard one. Here are some HARD ones, although sometimes the words jump out at you and you may get them:

1. Cantha kumterewerewse tunneet?

2. Thawantsta weshthi eeroile aht!

3. Ateldim burriwuntlissen

You may actually get a couple of those, they ain't too hard. :lol: I mean 'thakkan iftha wantsta (you can if you want to) :lol:

These were all of this sheet I have that tests communication...and sees if you can get your Yorkshire. There are about two I can't work out at the moment, but I used to know them. Its been year since I got this sheet out.

At the top it as a score thing out of 50 that says:

10 correct answers: you are obviously an immigrant from the South

20 correct answers: you are on your way to being a settler

40 correct answers: you have settled

50 correct answers: it is time you brushed up on your Queen's English.

:lol: :lol: This has been fun

Well done Rabia. You got a couple right and a couple were very close.

Last chance to redeem yourselves, I think you can get this if you try hard:

Lerrim purrizaton

It ain't a hard one. Here are some HARD ones, although sometimes the words jump out at you and you may get them:

You may actually get a couple of those, they ain't too hard. :lol: I mean 'thakkan iftha wantsta (you can if you want to) :lol:

These were all of this sheet I have that tests communication...and sees if you can get your Yorkshire. There are about two I can't work out at the moment, but I used to know them. Its been year since I got this sheet out.

At the top it as a score thing out of 50 that says:

10 correct answers: you are obviously an immigrant from the South

20 correct answers: you are on your way to being a settler

40 correct answers: you have settled

50 correct answers: it is time you brushed up on your Queen's English.

:lol: :lol: This has been fun

is the first one "let him put his hat on"

hahaha. if it is ill be surprised. and pleased :D

EDIT TO ADD: and the last one..."i told him but he wouldn't listen"

AM I RIGHT?? AM I!!??!?

Shut thigob

I didn't notice that at first. Well done! :lol: :lol: Good use of Yorkshire there.

:blink: wow. i like the bonus one. i was gonna say 10:10:10. as in....10 o'clock and 10 minutes and 10 seconds..... :bagoverhead::lol:

i thought 12 had something to do with water....but didnt know what....go figure haha

Good try Kim. Tough isn't it. :lol:

I know that if I ever go to Yorkshire, I need a translator.

Yeah and he will need a translator. No it isn't that bad Rabia. When my video message is up and running you will be able to understand every word. :lol: Because I have made sure I pronounce properly, like I do most of the time. The way that we get exposed to 'proper english' now through TV means that we all speak a lot better. Whereas my grandad's generation didn't have that diversity of regional dialects! :lol:

is the first one "let him put his hat on"

hahaha. if it is ill be surprised. and pleased :D

EDIT TO ADD: and the last one..."i told him but he wouldn't listen"

AM I RIGHT?? AM I!!??!?

Be suprised and happy. :lol: Well done. And you know when I said that words can just jump out, well they did for you on that last one. Upon looking at it, that one wasn't so hard was it. :lol: The words were pretty much there. WELL DONE THOUGH KIM!!!!! :yay:

Be suprised and happy. :lol: Well done. And you know when I said that words can just jump out, well they did for you on that last one. Upon looking at it, that one wasn't so hard was it. :lol: The words were pretty much there. WELL DONE THOUGH KIM!!!!! :yay:

:o:yay: you don't know how good that makes me feel :D

:lol: well that was fuuuuun.

and i live in eastern florida. by the beeeach.

HOLY

FLYING

MONKEYS

OF

FIRE

[not NY slang]

:o

No, I cannot get that!

I am glad that it isn't that bad, I can fulfill my dreams after all ^_^

You can fit in NY easily.

Get a chilli dog

and some pretzels from the sub.

and then come to Broadway

:chickeddance:

Ok. And I hate those pesky flying monkeys of fire. :lol:

1. 'Can you come to our house tonight?'

2. 'You want to wash your earhole out!'

3. 'I told him but he wouldn't listen'

And of course Kimmi got two of those right :yay: Well done. The first one was 'Let him put his hat on' as she rightly said.

Haha!

This is for this fun night

Lerrus gerrus andswesht

:D

So, I hope Rich is quite content here, Mr. King.

Oh yeah, that's what I granted you.

So, dancing for all

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

like Kimmi, who must have some intelligent CIA type of brain. ^_^

and Rich, just because he's Rich

and Vannis and Audrey ^_^

Fine, Rich,

instead of flying monkeys

'ow about

HOLY

FLYING

WOMEN

IN

LACE

This is for this fun night

Lerrus gerrus andswesht

:D

So, I hope Rich is quite content here, Mr. King.

Oh yeah, that's what I granted you.

So, dancing for all

:banana: :banana: :banana:

like Kimmi, who must have some intelligent CIA type of brain. ^_^

and Rich, just because he's Rich

and Vannis and Audrey ^_^

Fine, Rich,

instead of flying monkeys

'ow about

HOLY

FLYING

WOMEN

IN

LACE

hahaha thank you. and i always love those bananas.

:blink: that ended up sounding strange....

haha anyway it was fun. but i have early class tomorrow so i must be departiiiiing.

g'night dear fellows. or as they say down here in the south....NAIGHT JOHN BOI!

:rolleyes::lol:

You may hand me my king's crown.

Astle clowte thee iftha dunt geeiteer!!

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

'I will clowt you if you don't give it here!'......'clowt' means hit!!! :lol: And I didn't mean it.

Yeah that was loads of fun. I really really enjoyed that. You have been a great sport as usual Rabia. You too Kim. :wave: Vannis had a good pop at a couple of them too, but suddenly disappeared. :lol:

Why thank you very much

But what do I have to give?

:blink:

perhaps a hug

The phrase was in relation to me saying 'You may hand me my king's crown', it was that I was asking you for. :lol:

But I think a hug is far far far far better. So thank you for your cyber hug, it was all warm and fluffy!! :lol:

It has been a great night of conversation, but unfortunately my time has come to log off....it is 3:11am after all here. I bet that is quite strange for you to comprehend.

Love to you all, to you Rabia. :kiss: Send my love to your mother....I bet love doesn't get sent to your mother from the internet, from a total Yorkshire stranger, very often. :lol:

take care. Love Richard. :kiss::wave:

Of course it's going to be good, you're RedEyedRichard. :D

I'm pretty good, I'm just little depressed because I didn't do so well in my math test. But oh well.. :lol:

How are you?

I read your conversation, it was funny, shame I wasn't on. The 'phrases' you posted, OH MY GOD, I couldn't figure out any of them! :blink: But I don't think I'm stupid, I'm just Finnish. :lol:

Of course I could start posting in Finnish and you guys would have to guess what I'm saying. But I'm not going to do it, it's too mean. And stupid. :lol:

Have a nice dinner! :D

Of course it's going to be good, you're RedEyedRichard. :D

Awwwww. that is so sweet, thank you Noora. You are great. :wub:

I'm pretty good, I'm just little depressed because I didn't do so well in my math test. But oh well..

How are you?

I read your conversation, it was funny, shame I wasn't on. The 'phrases' you posted, OH MY GOD, I couldn't figure out any of them! :blink: But I don't think I'm stupid, I'm just Finnish.

Of course I could start posting in Finnish and you guys would have to guess what I'm saying. But I'm not going to do it, it's too mean. And stupid.

Have a nice dinner!

Sorry you are a little down about your test hunny. It happens to the best of us. Just keep your chin up and go in there and kick some serious math ass next time. :lol::duel:

And I don't think posting in another language is what that game was all about. :lol: Even though it may have seemed that way. That's just an example of how a Yorkshire dialect is spoken, or was spoken. Some still speak like that but the old accent is gradually dying out because of the diversity and vast influence of other accents. Shame really. I still use a bunch of those phrases though, and still speak Yorkshire, but it is a watered down accent compared to what my grandad's was. :lol::( shame really.

Oh and I am ok, thanks for asking. Although my back is in terrible shape!! :(

Awwwww. that is so sweet, thank you Noora. You are great. :wub:

Sorry you are a little down about your test hunny. It happens to the best of us. Just keep your chin up and go in there and kick some serious math ass next time. :lol::duel:

And I don't think posting in another language is what that game was all about. :lol: Even though it may have seemed that way. That's just an example of how a Yorkshire dialect is spoken, or was spoken. Some still speak like that but the old accent is gradually dying out because of the diversity and vast influence of other accents. Shame really. I still use a bunch of those phrases though, and still speak Yorkshire, but it is a watered down accent compared to what my grandad's was. :lol::( shame really.

Oh and I am ok, thanks for asking. Although my back is in terrible shape!! :(

Yes I know, what a shame I don't have any dialect(in English, in Finnish I have this 'Oulun murre'). :lol: And it really seemed like a different language I couldn't read it at all. And it's a shame that it's dying out, I hate when dialects and especially languages are dying out. :(

I want to hear you speak Yorkshire dialect :D

Finnish people sometimes (actually pretty often) pronounce English weirdly. It doesn't sound English at all. It's not 'soft' like English is, it's ... it sounds like Finnish.

EDIT: Oh why? What happened to your back? I'm so sorry.

I just have a bad back all the time. It may be hereditory. But I think that my past as an avid skateboarder has agrivated it a lot and made it worse. Also my job involves quite a bit of lifting etc so that doesn't help. Oh well.

Obviously that is not how we would write Yorkshire down, you would just put normal english. However, if you were going to write it as you pronounce it then that's how it would look. haha! Could you see the words in there and their sounds when I had translated it?

I may make a video of me pronouncing those phrases for you. You probably wouldn't have a clue what I was saying. :lol: Like I said, years ago people were born here and lived here and they never moved, just like my grandad. Now people move into the area from all over the country and bring their own accent and dialect with them. Or we watch TV and they speak very 'properly' on there or in the 'Queens English'. At schools the children are encouraged to pronounce the words properly, rather than the old Yorkshire way. So the accent has changed a hell of a lot over the last 50 years or so.

And I know what you mean when you say you speak English in Finnish style. When I went to Austria, the English there was a bit harsh because it was in a German accent. :lol:

Archived