ReR Caption Fan Club Thread

zoso13zeppelin

Obviously that is not how we would write Yorkshire down, you would just put normal english. However, if you were going to write it as you pronounce it then that's how it would look. haha! Could you see the words in there and their sounds when I had translated it?

No I couldn't. :blink: I knew you wrote how they are pronounced but I couldn't. :lol:

Haha, I was in Austria too, it was so damn difficult to try to understand them. When they spoke English they had this German accent and I barely understood them. And when they spoke German they spoke too fast and I couldn't hear anything that would have made sense. :lol:

When they were trying to say my name they said 'Noara Puoronen' and I tried to get them say it right 'Noora Puuronen'. Sometimes it sounded like they had said "Huoranen" and 'huora' is a whore. :blink:

Noora is pronounced like Noo-ra, not like Nora or Norah as some people try to say it.

Sometimes it sounded like they had said "Huoranen" and 'huora' is a whore. :blink:

Noora is pronounced like Noo-ra, not like Nora or Norah as some people try to say it.

Maybe they said 'huora' because they had seen the makeup picture you posted a while back. :lol::wub: I thought it was hot. :lol:

And thanks for letting me know how to pronounce your name. I was saying Nora, but I am now saying Noo-ra. I thought it must have been pronounced differently because it is spelt differently. :thumbsup:

Oh, and look, me on the Austrian alps:

RIMG0068.jpg

Haha! You do look so tiny. Like a mini-Noora!! Haha! Good pic though. I might post some more Austria pics later on. It was a great holiday.

And you said yourself that you looked like a whore on your makeup pic on the last board in a PM, not me, just for the record. :lol: And I don't think you did, I liked the neck scarf thingy though. :D

No I didn't. We stayed high up in the mountains in a tiny village away from all the popular tourist destinations. We landed in Saltzburg and had a two hour or so train journey to the village. Train was the only way to access it. From there we went to a lot of different places. As a family we enjoy hiking and we did so nearly everyday while we were there. Plenty of mountains nearby to go at, which we did. But also beautiful scenic walks through the wonderful meadows. They are so magical.

No I didn't. We stayed high up in the mountains in a tiny village away from all the popular tourist destinations. We landed in Saltzburg and had a two hour or so train journey to the village. Train was the only way to access it. From there we went to a lot of different places. As a family we enjoy hiking and we did so nearly everyday while we were there. Plenty of mountains nearby to go at, which we did. But also beautiful scenic walks through the wonderful meadows. They are so magical.

That sounds so lovely! Even though I'm not that into hiking. :lol:

We were(my class) in Vienna and in Graz, but rest of the week we stayed in a small village called St. Ruprecht. It was really cool because we didn't stay in a hotel, we stayed in our penpals' places. I had penpal, her name was Lisa and it was really interesting to get to know to Austrian lifestyle.

It's good when you can go somewhere and spend time with friends. We stayed in this house thingy, great place it was. We only knew about it because the lady that owned it used to do some work with my mother over here before she moved out there. It was great to meet her and her husband, and they really made our stay enjoyable. They even did us a nice barbeque!! :yay: It was a great place. I'd go back tommorrow if I could.

Sounds so nice... :) I'd go back too. Let's go together ! :lol:

But I was in Italy last summer for two weeks and that was wonderful. We visited Rome and Florence. And we stayed also in Toscana in an old villa, it was so pretty. And I loved it because it was quiet and close to nature and small Italian villages. :)

We stayed here:

DSC04474.jpg

hs.jpg

That's my sis, she wanted her friend to take a picture of her :lol:

Yeah, sounds great going together. :lol:

Those are great pictures. I like the look of that place. And yeah I prefer the quite towns that are out of the way. The cities are busy, noisy and smelly. :lol:

Haha, your sister is striking a good pose. :lol: Is she about two years younger than you?

Yeah, sounds great going together. :lol:

Those are great pictures. I like the look of that place. And yeah I prefer the quite towns that are out of the way. The cities are busy, noisy and smelly. :lol:

Haha, your sister is striking a good pose. :lol: Is she about two years younger than you?

She's an year and a half younger than me. And she likes to pose(as you can see) When I pose I always tend to do funny faces and ruin the pictures :lol:

I like big cities too, but sometimes it's too noisy and I just need to go to somewhere quiet. I liked Rome but the last days in Rome were starting to get pretty annoying because I couldn't sleep at nights. :blink::lol:

Yeah, that's the problem with city breaks. Here are a few of my photos:

This was the house we were staying in, on the top floor, up 39 stairs!!! :lol:

RIMG0146.jpg

This was the view from my bedroom window. I woke up to that every day for two weeks, it was amazing!!! We climbed that mountain in the distant there.

RIMG0087.jpg

And this view was literally two minutes walk away. We walked all the way through that valley and the views get better and better. :yay:

RIMG0144.jpg

Woohoo!! It was amazing! :yay: I'm going to go post these in the 'Post Pics of Your Vacation' thread now. :lol:

I know. I'm glad my parents jumped at the opportunity and decided to take us. It was the first time I had been outside the UK. So it was amazing for me and my brother.

Anyway, I have to go to work now. Its been great talking and re-living the past like this Noora. So thank you.

Take care of yourself and I will speak to you again soon. Love Rik.

:kiss: BYE :wave:

Hi, is anyone about? the whole interpreting dialects stuff really made me laugh! being english i understood most of them as i am slightly familiar with different regional accents even though i speak what richard calls 'the queen's english' as i come from the south east. But GUESS WHAT RICHARD! i got an offer from leeds uni today! if i end up going there i may well end up speaking like you!

Hi, is anyone about? the whole interpreting dialects stuff really made me laugh! being english i understood most of them as i am slightly familiar with different regional accents even though i speak what richard calls 'the queen's english' as i come from the south east. But GUESS WHAT RICHARD! i got an offer from leeds uni today! if i end up going there i may well end up speaking like you!

Hey congrats Hetty! :thumbsup:

And sorry I disappeared yesterday, my internet connection just sucks. <_<

Hey congrats Hetty! :thumbsup:

And sorry I disappeared yesterday, my internet connection just sucks. <_<

Thanks! its weird to think that i could end up living in the same city as richard. i wish all of us could end up in the same city! Thats ok, i was wondering where you had gone! How are you?

Thanks! its weird to think that i could end up living in the same city as richard. i wish all of us could end up in the same city! Thats ok, i was wondering where you had gone! How are you?

Yea it would be cool! Yea let's all move to England! :lol:

I'm good, just a little depressed because of that math test.

How about you?

Awww dont worry about it maths is silly! apart from algebra and trigonometry which i loved! yeah im goood, pleased about my uni offer. but i had an exam in financial literacy today and im sure i did awful! but then again it doesnt really count towards anything so not to worry!

Awww dont worry about it maths is silly! apart from algebra and trigonometry which i loved! yeah im goood, pleased about my uni offer. but i had an exam in financial literacy today and im sure i did awful! but then again it doesnt really count towards anything so not to worry!

Ok. That's good.

I have only two tests anymore and then 3 months without tests! Tomorrow is Finnish test and the day after tomorrow is Swedish. Nothing to worry about, I think I'll do well.

well as far as i can see you seem really good at languages so im sure you'll do really well! good luck! is it still all snowy and beautiful where you are?

Thanks! :D

Yes it's snowy and beautiful. I need new shoes :blink: My feet are freezing every time I go out. :lol:

Archived