ReR Caption Fan Club Thread

zoso13zeppelin

Hey guys! Sorry, my internet wasn't working Monday or yesterday-some local fault. I heard the Zep gig was phenomenal-I hope they tour!!!

Anyways.....I want to finish my short story that I'm entering in the school mag and local papaer, and I'll post it here either tonight or tomorrow night hopefully...

Hey guys! Sorry, my internet wasn't working Monday or yesterday-some local fault. I heard the Zep gig was phenomenal-I hope they tour!!!

Anyways.....I want to finish my short story that I'm entering in the school mag and local papaer, and I'll post it here either tonight or tomorrow night hopefully...

Hey Deirdre how are you?

That's ok, this board has been very slow lately.. Not anymore though. Yea I know, it would be fantastic if they toured

Cool what's it about?

What do you want for Christmas? :)

I don't know what I want, I have really no idea. :( But it's ok, it's nice when you don't know what you're going to have

I want a pair of earrings that my ears wont react to and thats about all i know i want. i like suprises but mymum says if i dont tell her what i want she wont get me anything :( . just money. which is ok but it not very exciting to open!

Hey Deirdre how are you?

That's ok, this board has been very slow lately.. Not anymore though. Yea I know, it would be fantastic if they toured

Cool what's it about?

I'm fine, but History test tomorrow morning. You?

Well, it's inspired by Crime and Punishment, the last book I read. It's...different, I suppose.

I want a pair of earrings that my ears wont react to and thats about all i know i want. i like suprises but mymum says if i dont tell her what i want she wont get me anything :( . just money. which is ok but it not very exciting to open!

Alright, sounds good. So you're allergic or something?

Näh, money isn't so exciting. I like surprises. So how's things with you and your boyfriend? :)

Ok, you're already leaving, bye!

Deirdre, I'm pretty fine.. Yuck, tests. :(

Alright. The last book I read was Seitsemän Veljestä, it was so boring. So, did you like this book you read?

Here's my story, tell me what you think of it:

Tick. Tock.

A careless hand brushed the damp wallpaper, feeling its texture as he concentrated.

Tick. Tock.

His eyes twitched involuntarily, his mind wandering from the task at hand.

Tick. Tock.

A pale hand withdrew into a shallow pocket and muffled the ticks of the pocket watch. His eyes refocused on the man ten feet away.

He was nervous. His feverish, sweaty face bore witness to that emotion, betraying him. Swallowing carefully, he wiped the sweat off his pale face. He wished he hadn’t brought his watch – it only made the task at hand even more terrifying. 10 minutes left... But he needed to do this. A substantial sum of money awaited him: it was to feed him for another month or two. He thought back to his dingy top-storey apartment, with only enough room for a little bed and crooked table and chair: half a bottle of cheap vodka, a plate with leftovers of the night before’s dinner(fatty steak and mushrooms), a bowl of cold cabbage soup...That was all he had left: not even enough money for a cup of coffee in the nearby cafe!

He was a small man with a wiry body made solely of skin and bone. His russet-coloured hair was thin and lay dully atop his angular face. Round brown eyes sat over hollow cheekbones, which in turn led to thin lips and a pointed chin. A thin brown moustache hung underneath the long, sharp nose. His left hand clutched a small kitchen knife, rusted at the hilt. As he watched the man he was a bout to kill, he recalled the conversation that took place with his employer two days ago....

It had been at the office of Mr. Peter Toms, a wealthy statesman who had earned his thousands by protecting corrupt politicians.

“So, you are Mister Vladomir Gregorski, are you not??” Mr. Toms had asked.

He had shuffled nervously, keeping his gaze on the wad of cash on the table before him. “I am,” he had replied quietly.

“And are you willing to help me, Mr. Gregorski?”

“Certainly”.

“May I ask what brought you to Sankt-Peterburg?? I do think that you’re Slavic in origin...?”

He had coughed. “Yes sir. I was born in Serbia, but when my parents died I was brought to Kiev to live in an orphanage. I escaped and made my way here. That was seven years ago.”

“Interesting. Back to business then. How do you perform the task??”

“Knife to the heart, sir. Slittling their throat’s too bloody.”

“How very astute. Do you need a knife, or have you your own??”

“I usually take it from a workshop in the city centre, and drop it down a drain when I’m finished.”

“Resourceful, resourceful...Very well. Does four thousand sound fair to you? Providing, naturally, that it is completed??”

“Yes sir. Is there a deadline??”

Mr. Toms had chuckled to himself. “ Thursday. The future victim is at home every night at seven. Carpenter’s Lane, beside the butchers. Make it clean. I’ll give you the money the next day - meet me in the square.”

“Right sir. Thanks very much, sir.”

Vlad brought his thoughts together as he saw the victim’s head nod in his sleep on the moth-eaten armchair. He glided swiftly into the living-room. A single candle provided light in the half-darkness. He looked at the partially-bald head in front of him: single white hairs waved slightly in a hidden draught, liver spots glowed in the candlelight. He steeled himself, raised his left hand, plunged the knife in the direction of the man’s chest....

It was done. Vlad carefully extracted the knife from the dead man’s heart, hoping to not drop any blood from it. He covered it in a few pieces of newspaper form his pocket. He was about to exit the scene of the crime when he heard a whimpering noise from the other side of the room.

His head snapped up. On another arm chair sat a little girl, perhaps four or five years of age. Her dirty blonde hair was tangled and her face smudged with dirt and mucus. Her wide blue eyes gazed at Vlad standing over her murdered grandfather and sole guardian. Her bottom lip quivered and she gave another whimper.

Vlad was shocked. A child?? He had expected the victim to be alone in his house and hadn’t been told of a child. What would he do?? He didn’t want to kill such an innocent creature.....yet she was a witness to the crime. She was sure to tell the police, even though she was young, and then he’d be shafted off to Siberia for the rest of his life. Something he was not willing to allow. He took a shaking step towards the girl, and slowly extracted the knife from the newspaper....

His pounding footsteps echoed throughout the dreary building as he ran for his life onto the street below. It was twilight, and crowds were thinning as people went home to get supper. Ordinary people who had never killed anyone, who remained oblivious to such horror in their home city.... He continued to run to the river, all the while horrified at what he had done. A little child, only a little child, killed because of his own stupidity and greed for money.....Images of those he had killed before flashed into his mind: an elderly couple who had had a paranoid son, a young woman of a wealthy family whose fiancee was tired of her, a sixteen year-old youth who had made too many enemies.....And suddenly his head filled with the revolting image of a dead baby, blood around its mouth and wide, staring eyes......What had he done, what had he done??? What was it that his deceased father had told him years ago?? “To kill is to die inside....remember that, son...” He had to end it somehow.....

An elderly lady was taking a walk beside the river, on the way home with groceries for supper. She took a deep breath of the salty air. Wasn’t the sea magical?? Washed away the worries of life, made peace within her.......A strange sobbing sound reached her ears and she opened her eyes.

A young man stood crying at the river. He could not be more than fifteen years of age : his russet-coloured hair contrasted sharply against his dead white face. His brown eyes were rolling in their sockets, he was moaning horribly. “No, no...” escaped form his lips. As the lady looked on in shock, a gasping cough was emitted from his lungs as he reeled slowly forward and fell into the river face-down, in slow motion.....

How's everyone?

Today I got 2 really good marks, at English and Maths. I'm was really happy about that :D .

Tomorrow Geography test :( I hate that subject.

Deirdre, I think your story is great. ;)

That's great Eline. Oh I forgot to tell you all, you might remeber when I said that I did so bad in my math test? Well I was wrong I DID SO WELL!!! I'm so happy, my teacher told me that my grade was the best in class! :yay:

And Deirdre, I really liked it, do you often write stories?

And Deirdre, I really liked it, do you often write stories?

No, it's my first short story, I'm not a great fan of them to be honest. But I am writing a book - or trying to, anyway. It started 5 years ago :lol: All the characters have changed. I know what's going to happen, but I can't put it down in words!

No, it's my first short story, I'm not a great fan of them to be honest. But I am writing a book - or trying to, anyway. It started 5 years ago :lol: All the characters have changed. I know what's going to happen, but I can't put it down in words!

That's nice Deirdre, I could never write a book.. I'm too lazy and my ideas keep changing. :lol:

Archived