The A-Team Movie

Jahfin

Patrick Wilson Joins The A-Team

Playing a CIA agent in the blockbuster

Source: EW

36616.jpg

Somewhere, somehow, amidst all the hoopla surrounding the news that Sharlto Copley and Jessica Biel had joined the cast of Joe Carnahan’s The A-Team, as Howling Mad Murdoch and, erm, the army colonel chasing the lovable mercenaries, we missed the news that Patrick Wilson had also joined the cast. Sorry about that… so here goes:

Patrick Wilson has joined the cast of The A-Team. There you go. That feels better.

The Watchmen star will play a CIA operative in the movie, about four resourceful veteran soldiers who go on the run to clear their names after they’re accused of a crime they didn’t commit. Wilson’s presence and character’s occupation could mean that he is – dum de dummmmmm! – the movie’s bad guy, which would make a hell of a lot more sense than giving that role to the frankly far-too-young Biel.

Filming on the movie has already begun, with The A-Team’s van – looking almost identical to the one used in the ‘classic’ TV show – glimpsed and papped in and around Vancouver. No glimpses of The A Team – that’s Liam Neeson as Hannibal, Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson as B.A. Baracus, Bradley Cooper as Faceman and Copley – themselves yet, but those paps sure are resourceful. We can wait.

Chris Hewitt

After the pure and utter crap that were the Starsky and Hutch and Dukes of Hazzard movies, they should leave The A Team well alone.

How is that? It's not like the television shows that inspired those movies were high art anyway. In the right hands, The A-Team has the potential to be a fun movie.

Never heard of most of the cast anyway.

Yep, that should be a reason to automatically not like it right there. Cast of relative unknowns? It must suck.

How is that?

It's called "following the general trend", mate.

It's not like the television shows that inspired those movies were high art anyway.

Starsky and Hutch and The A Team were very good popular and very entertaining t.v shows. That's why they were universally loved. I own the entire Starsky and Hutch 4 season DVD collection. It's still enjoyable to watch today, as are other shows from that era such as Quincy, Kojak, Rockford Files, Columbo etc etc.

I didn't find the Starsky and Hutch or Dukes of Hazzard movies entertaining in the slightest. They were purile crap. That's the difference. The t.v shows were not purile crap.

How about The Saint? The Avengers? Bilko? Absolute rubbish movie remakes. Charlies Angels was about the only 'mildly entertaining remake' of a popular old t.v show in recent years that I can think of but even there it was hardly much to do with the original.

In the right hands, The A-Team has the potential to be a fun movie.

I guess you haven't watched many of the recent "great older t.v shows turned into pap movies" I take it then? I wouldn't bother getting my hopes up if I were you. It may be a decent movie..............but my money is on it not being one. :P

Yep, that should be a reason to automatically not like it right there. Cast of relative unknowns? It must suck.

I was just making an observation. I haven't heard of any of the cast except Liam Neeson. I didn't say it will suck because I don't know most of the cast. I think it will suck regardless because that seems to be the current trend with all these "t.v shows turned into movies". You can't say it isn't the case.

I mean, what's the point? You want the A Team? Then go buy the DVDs of the original series. It's easy enough and cheap enough.

My personal opinion is that the original characters and the actors who played those original characters in the A-Team are irreplacable and I don't see the point in trying to remake it. Somebody else as BA or Murdock? Yuk.

My point is, the original TV programs (Dukes of Hazzard, Starsky & Hutch, The A-Team, etc.) were all crap so I wouldn't put too much hope into the movie versions rising above that. I have no interest in owning the original A-Team series on DVD. I just feel in the right hands it could be a fun movie, nothing more, nothing less. The Rockford Files is a timeless classic that shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as the shows listed above, much less the same sentence. The Dukes of Hazzard and The A-Team were mindless entertainment aimed at the masses. They were so bad they made for enjoyable viewing but I would never confuse them with programs that were actually good. There have been tons of shows over the years that featured outstanding acting, directing, cinematography and very well written scripts. The Dukes of Hazzard, Starsky & Hutch and The A-Team most definitely do not fall into that category.

After the pure and utter crap that were the Starsky and Hutch and Dukes of Hazzard movies, they should leave The A Team well alone.

Never heard of most of the cast anyway.

From what I'v heard so far this film is looking at a much more serious adaptation than those two which were very much "charles angels" style comedy pisstakes of the originals.

Wasnt that fussed when I first heard about this butyou'd think with Ridley Scott producing things can't go too faer wrong and I'm liking the cast so far. Neesons one of the most underated leading men in hollywood, Sharlto Copley was great in District 9 and while he's not got much acting expereince as a MMA fan(yes I'm afraid I am but I don't own a pitbull or a collection of overpriced "Xtreme" T-shirts) I could see Quinton Jackson working well as BA.

My point is, the original TV programs (Dukes of Hazzard, Starsky & Hutch, The A-Team, etc.) were all crap so I wouldn't put too much hope into the movie versions rising above that.

Starsky and Hutch and The A Team most certainly were not 'crap'. t.v series. Where do you get that idea from? They were very successful entertaining and well loved t.v series that ran for years in both cases.

Starsky and Hutch actually tackled some serious issues in some episodes and it was a huge ratings winner worldwide. 'Crap' doesn't get to worldwide iconic status and reach around the globe.

I have no interest in owning the original A-Team series on DVD. I just feel in the right hands it could be a fun movie, nothing more, nothing less. The Rockford Files is a timeless classic that shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as the shows listed above, much less the same sentence.

I loved The Rockford Files too. I don't elevate it any higher than Starsky and Hutch. The Rockford Files was pretty tongue in cheek alot itself and hardly 'serious hard hitting drama'. Yes it was a good t.v series just like Starsky and Hutch was. I prefer both to The A Team and Dukes of Hazzard to be honest. But just because The A Team and Dukes of Hazzard were completely tongue in cheek and over the top knockabout fun doesn't make them 'crap'. They worked as t.v series and this is the point. The films based on these old shows don't work most of the time, and that's why the films are crap.

The Dukes of Hazzard and The A-Team were mindless entertainment aimed at the masses. They were so bad they made for enjoyable viewing

They were enjoyable and fun. Exactly. They achieved what they set out to do. The Dukes of Hazzard film, in contrast, didn't and was just plain terrible. It wasn't even entertaining. Same with the awful Starsky and Hutch film. I didn't even find it funny.

but I would never confuse them with programs that were actually good. There have been tons of shows over the years that featured outstanding acting, directing, cinematography and very well written scripts. The Dukes of Hazzard, Starsky & Hutch and The A-Team most definitely do not fall into that category.

Maybe you need to purchase the DVDs to remind yourself? With Starsky and Hutch it wasn't all car chases and tongue in cheek stuff. In fact the last season was probably overly serious/dramatic.

Even in the first season an episode like Texas Longhorn dealt with a very serious issue about rape and murder and a vigilante husband. Other stuff like the episode where a country singer was stalked was based on a true life incident with Dolly Parton.

Starsky and Hutch and The Rockford Files have more in common with each other than either does with Dukes of Hazzard or The A Team.

Starsky and Hutch wasn't crap. It was a good t.v series just right for the time. The characters (even Huggy Bear) became part of pop culture. Hell, people even went around painting white go fast stripes on their cars and wearing baggy wooly sweaters. It had a big big impact on the public.:)

I guess Star Wars must be crap because it's silly non serious knockabout stuff with neither great acting or well written scripts? I don't care for it but I wouldn't call it 'crap'.

I'm not sure how Star Wars entered the conversation as I never even mentioned it but I will reiterate that The Dukes of Hazzard, The A-Team and Starksy and Hutch television series were indeed all crap. Just because they were successful doesn't mean they were good. Just take a look at the singles charts. What's next, are you going to be singing the praises of B.J. and the Bear?

Archived