R.I.P. BONZO

slave to zep

remembering our beloved john henry bonham today.

you are sadly missed and always in our hearts.

sending love to pat, jason and zoe.

we will never forget you, bonzo. thanks for the memories. xo

I remember well the day he passed away.It was the radio news....

Rest in peace.

September 25, 1980…the darkest day in rock.

"He's the greatest rock drummer who ever lived." – Jimmy Page

JBcloseupscan.jpg

Dear John,

29 years gone from this world and I still miss your music and your smile so deeply and so dearly it hurts. Although my tenure was brief, I have never forgotten how nice you were to us, how you showed us kindness when you didn't need to, and how much you made us laugh.

I will cherish those wonderfully crazy and funny memories of you and, for the rest of my life, they will make me smile. Thank you for everything, John. I am deeply sorry that I never told you how grateful I was for all of it when you were still here.

Your music will live forever and I will never forget you. May you rest in peace and may God bless you and your beautiful family for eternity.

With deepest love and appreciation,

"MSG"

P.S. And, because I want to close on a light note: Hey Bonzo! I DID do something else with my life! ;)

As we talk about our wishes of this band getting back together, I have thought a lot about where I was when they announced the news. JOHN BONHAM will forever be remembered as the greatest rock drummer of all time. I have watched/listened to Moby Dick today on the TSRTS dvd several times and yes I have cried a few times.

I was blessed enough to see this man in his GLORY and will forever cherish the music he has left for us.

As we talk about our wishes of this band getting back together, I have thought a lot about where I was when they announced the news. JOHN BONHAM will forever be remembered as the greatest rock drummer of all time. I have watched/listened to Moby Dick today on the TSRTS dvd several times and yes I have cried a few times.

I was blessed enough to see this man in his GLORY and will forever cherish the music he has left for us.

How's it going Deb? I hope all is well with you and your son. That goes for you and I both. I was blessed to have seen the mighty LED ZEPPELIN twice. Accomplishing that, my life is already complete. Take care Deb!

(I have been waiting for an appropriate thread to post my 1000th post, and this seems like a poignant one to mark this sad occasion.)

October 25th is such a sad anniversary in music history. sad.gif

The loss of the greatest rock drummer of all time is still intensely felt by all of us Led Zeppelin fans and his family, as well as all rock music lovers around the world.

Thank you, Bonzo, for your wonderful music. You are greatly missed.

You would be so proud of Jason!

We will never forget you.

RIP

(I have been waiting for an appropriate thread to post my 1000th post, and this seems like a poignant one to mark this sad occasion.)

October 25th is such a sad anniversary in music history. sad.gif

The loss of the greatest rock drummer of all time is still intensely felt by all of us Led Zeppelin fans and his family, as well as all rock music lovers around the world.

Thank you, Bonzo, for your wonderful music. You are greatly missed.

You would be so proud of Jason!

We will never forget you.

RIP

How's it going "BUCK'EYE' DOC?" I hope all is well with you. Congratulations on your 1000 posts. Take care.

Every year on this tragic date, September 25, I always play "Moby Dick" and other powerful John Bonham songs, including "Kashmir", "Hots on for Nowhere", "the Rover" and many others. I feel like it is my own personal tribute to the legacy of this most talented and unique musician who's contributions to Rock and Roll remains unparalleled to this day. John Henry 'Bonzo' Bonham. You are missed every single day by millions of your fans from around the world. WE LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU SO MUCH!!!

Hi S2Z,

Thank You and What a Lovely Sentiment, Ladies and Gentlemen, can i have 7 1/2 minutes of your time to Celebrate the Life of the Greatest Percussionist to ever have Hit the Skins?

John Bonham

Pats Delight

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=_d-RZFxwcX0

Enjoy and thanks for your time, it was a pleasure to have known his Music.

Very Kind Regards, Danny

one very sad day in history, i was only fourteen when he died, still remember the day like yesterday, didnt have the pleasure of seeing Led Zeppelin play live, was too young to travel the 400 mile round trip to Knebworth in 79, made it to the O2 Arena on Dec 10th 2007 though, and Jason did his dad very proud. R.I.P Bonzo sadly missed.

Thanks for starting this thread 's2z' and I echo the sentiments of everyone here. I've been thinking about Bonzo all week long - he will always (to me) be the greatest drummer that ever lived. More importantly I will always remember how much he loved his family. I will most definitely listen to some Zep today in celebration of John Henry Bonham and the wonderful musician he was. And to quote 's2z' from above "we will never forget you bonzo. thanks for the memories. xo"

1975_4bonzo.jpg

Archived