ROCK ON fellow ZEPPELIN fanatics!

ZeppFanForever

Ah, cow tipping! A favorite pastime here in Texas. We have some weird stuff going on down here. That's what I love about being a Texan (along with big hair, loud women, manly men, "fixin' to", "y'all" and Lone Star beer)!!

Anyway, carry on....didn't mean get off track. <_<

Rock on, ZFF!!

Hi "Gigi!" How are you doing? What part of Texas are you from? Cow tipping can be fun just as long as you don't get caught by the cow. Believe me, I am very familiar with the loud women here in San Antonio! Despite that, I still love them anyway! You didn't get off track at all, you're doing great! Thank you for your comment, I really appreciate it. Have a great evening, take care and ROCK ON FOREVER my friend from ZeppFanForever.

Greetings "Katuschka!" I hope all is well witn you. I would like to thank you for your true honesty, it does matter to me. But most of all, I would like to thank you for addressing me in a professional manner. Doing this, you just proved that subject matters like this can be discussed in a mature positive way, and not in a negative way. You also helped me set an example for the many young men and women that are reading this thread now.

Ok. You're welcome. And thank you.

Someone else, other than yourself, has made me aware of my continuous automatically generated messages. I do have my reasons. I do the same thing with my occupation, I already have dozens letters prepared in the same orderly fashion for different situations. I prepare and write hundreds of letters everyday, that is part of my job. I am so used to doing this, that it is a natural instinct with me.

There was once a co-worker at my employer that was in a bitchy mood all day everyday. This person used to bitch at everyone except me. Everyday when I went to work, I always wanted to be positive and make a difference at work by putting smiles on people's faces. I always believed that when I did that, that it rubs off on other people resulting in them returning the happy positive feeling back to me which has been known to happen. I always figured that if I have to work with my co-workers/peers for 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week, that I would like to make people happy. I realize that people can have their moments, believe me, I have my moments too just like everyone else does. To make this story short, this bitchy co-worker was seeing me being nice and friendly to everyone the majority of the time and as years when by, this co-worker started becoming friendly with others. Now I'm not saying that this is always the case because it is not. This co-worker approached me recently and commended me for being true to myself and for being friendly with our peers like I was because it did make a difference by rubbing off on him. This co-worker is still friendly to this very day.

In my opinion, I understand the fact that when people are in a bad mood, they just don't want to be f*c*ed with. Believe me, I have a very important position at my employer and the people that are bitchy where I am, the forum here is nothing compared to where I work and I mean that in a good way. If I can make a difference over there, why not try to make a difference here? I don't want to bring my bad moods from work here on the forum. I also do not want to take my frustrations out on my fellow ZEPPELIN fanatics that do not have any idea how my day at work went. I figure that when I come here on the forum, whether I have a good day or a bad day, I am not going to take it out on any of you. Here's something new for you, I just broke up with my girlfriend and I had a somewhat bad day today at work. However, this does give me any reason to come here on the forum and take it out on all of you does it? NO IT DOES NOT! And I'm not going to do it either.

Believe me "Katuschka," I know and understand where you are coming from, but all I ask from certain people here on the forum is to please let me be true to myself just as I would do for them as well as all of you. Treat others the way that you want to be treated. If you treat people good, you will get it back in return. If you treat people like shit, they're going to treat you like shit back. Its as simple as that! Believe me, I KNOW!

"Katuschka," I hope that you, as well as everyone else here on the forum, understands where I am coming from. Deep in my heart, I know that many of you do including yourself. Again, I would like to thank you for your comment "Katuschka," I really appreciate it. Have a great evening, take care and ROCK ON FOREVER from ZeppFanForever.

Yes, I understand where you're coming from, though I must admit that the nice story about the co-worker was a bit redundant and it didn't impress me THAT much. But I see your point, and it's a fairly good one. It's true that treating others nicely in spite of your own personal problems is a prerequisite to a well functioning community. HOWEVER, is this really what this "issue" is about? Because if your theory is right, then people should not resent your posting style. And it is clear that some do, so much that it made you start this thread.

It is possible to be nice to people without using still the same catchphrases. Two moody people can be ok with each other when carrying on a decent conversation, because there's no trigger. I was only saying that what I call your 'verbal confetti' can be such a trigger. I mentioned one of the possible reasons in my point #3. So it's rather counterproductive. Thank you for thanking me for my honesty, because that (honesty) is something I value. That's why hollow cheerful comments can potentially make me mad when I'm in a bad mood. Also, I'm sure no one wants you to smile when you feel bad. That's mental self-torture, not to mention it's dishonest. Decency is the key. :)

Yes, I understand where you're coming from, though I must admit that the nice story about the co-worker was a bit redundant and it didn't impress me THAT much. But I see your point, and it's a fairly good one. It's true that treating others nicely in spite of your own personal problems is a prerequisite to a well functioning community. HOWEVER, is this really what this "issue" is about? Because if your theory is right, then people should not resent your posting style. And it is clear that some do, so much that it made you start this thread.

It is possible to be nice to people without using still the same catchphrases. Two moody people can be ok with each other when carrying on a decent conversation, because there's no trigger. I was only saying that what I call your 'verbal confetti' can be such a trigger. I mentioned one of the possible reasons in my point #3. So it's rather counterproductive. Thank you for thanking me for my honesty, because that (honesty) is something I value. That's why hollow cheerful comments can potentially make me mad when I'm in a bad mood. Also, I'm sure no one wants you to smile when you feel bad. That's mental self-torture, not to mention it's dishonest. Decency is the key. :)

I am so sorry "Katuschka," I wrote a long response to you and it was erased despite clicking add reply. I will rewrite it again later after I get home. In the mean time, take care and ROCK ON FOREVER my friend.

Hi "Katuschka!" I apologize for taking so long to post my response. I will be posting it on this very post which is post #154. As you read this post, I will be writing my response for you. Thank you for your patience and understanding. ROCK ON FOREVER!

Ok, here we go. Again, thank you 'Katuschka" for your comment and your honesty, I deeply appreciate it. I'm sorry that you feel that my true story is redundant and it didn't impress you much. All I can say in response to that is that you are entitled to your opinions and I deeply respect them. I just wish that certain members would respect me the same way like I respect your opinions.

Lets see if I can remember what I wrote earlier, it was a long responce "Katuschka" so please bare with me.

I truly believe that my theory is right and that people should not resent my posting style for the following reasons:

Certain members here on the forum have not given me any legitimate reasons or facts as to why I should stop using my posting style or the ROCK ON catchphrase. Certain members are basing their facts on personal reasons and not legitimate facts. In my opinion, I do not feel that it is right for anyone to tell me to stop my posting style or my catchphrases because it either offends someone or they don't like it. Forgive me "Katuschka," I just don't think that it is a good enough reason. I also realize that you, "Katuschka," are not asking me to stop using my posting style or catchphrases for true reasons or facts. You are just making me aware as to why it offends people. I know that it doesn't offend you because you used my ROCK ON catchphrase in your first post on this thread.

Speaking of repeated catchphrases, aren't we all guilty of using Hi, Hello, How's it going, Greetings, Take care, Take it easy and Goodbye repeatedly to name a few? These catchphrases are not bad are they? No one complains about these catchphrases do they? Then why complain about my repeated catchphrase which is a vital part of my original posting style? There is nothing wrong about using it and no one has proven it to be wrong other than personal reasons.

I've never thought for a single moment that my posting style and catchphrase were considered as verbal confetti or a trigger of any kind. Actually, I've always considered it friendly, uplifting, encouraging and positive.

Two moody people can be ok with each other when carrying on a decent conversation because there's no trigger. Please remember "Katuschka" that these two moody people evidently know each other very well, thats why there is no trigger. These two people know which buttons to push and which buttons not to push. The certain members in question and I do not even know each other, yet they're asking or hinting me to stop my ROCK ON catchphrase and posting style for their own personal reasons and not basing it on legitimate reasons or facts.

For those that I do offend, I deeply apologize, but there is no legitimate reasons or facts that give me any reason to stop my posting style or the ROCK ON catchphrase.

"Katuschka," you stated that "I'm sure no one wants you to smile when you feel bad." In my opinion, where I work, its a requirement to smile even when you do feel bad! Why, because I deal with the public as well as important officials and it would not be right for me to take my frustrations out on them. Knowing that, it would not be fair now would it? Besides, when I'm feeling down at work, I do not want to bring people down with me because of how I'm feeling. That is not fair "Katuschka." I would also hope that when I'm feeling down, that my true friends would try to cheer me up and pull me out of it which has been known to be successful with me. Then again, thats just me! Thats how I am "Katuschka." It would not be fair for certain members that I don't even know, to ask me to change who I am. I am saying that because my posting style and my ROCK ON catchphrase is part of who I am.

In closing, I accept people here on the forum for who they are , all I ask is the same back in return. Thank you "Katuschka" for your interest in this subject matter. Take care and ROCK ON FOREVER my friend.

Everything you said was completely logical, but sometimes something special can rise like a Pheonix above all the rules of the world. And someone did mention the use of "smiley face" greetings - don't these get redundant and meaningless on certain threads?

Everything you said was completely logical, but sometimes something special can rise like a Pheonix above all the rules of the world. And someone did mention the use of "smiley face" greetings - don't these get redundant and meaningless on certain threads?

How's it going "jimmie ray?" Now that is a point that I have heard from other members here on the forum, thank you for bringing it up. You have earned my respect "jimmie ray" and I do mean that. Take care and ROCK ON FOREVER my friend.

Hi "Gigi!" How are you doing? What part of Texas are you from? Cow tipping can be fun just as long as you don't get caught by the cow. Believe me, I am very familiar with the loud women here in San Antonio! Despite that, I still love them anyway! You didn't get off track at all, you're doing great! Thank you for your comment, I really appreciate it. Have a great evening, take care and ROCK ON FOREVER my friend from ZeppFanForever.

Hey ZFF - I'm from the Houston area, born and raised. I've never done the whole "cow tipping" thing though. I'm a city girl through and through. Despite being from Texas, I've never actually been close to any livestock.

One of my best friends lives in SA (off of 1604 on the north side). I love it there!

Hey ZFF - I'm from the Houston area, born and raised. I've never done the whole "cow tipping" thing though. I'm a city girl through and through. Despite being from Texas, I've never actually been close to any livestock.

One of my best friends lives in SA (off of 1604 on the north side). I love it there!

Hey "Gigi!" How ya doin'? I have some first and second cousins that live in the Houston area.

I know where 1604 is in the north side, its by Fiesta Texas. I live off 10 and DeZavala by 1604 in the North side. I live where Federal Judges, Lawyers, Doctors, Tax Auditors, Sports and Entertainment Celebrities, Drug Lords and Drug Dealers are all at. Its a great area to be at. If you ever come back to San Antonio, let me know. We'll tear the town up. Ha Ha! In the mean time, take care and ROCK ON FOREVER.

• 3 weeks later...

I truly believe that my theory is right and that people should not resent my posting style for the following reasons:

If your theory were right, people wouldn't resent it. See, a very simple, legitimate reason.

Certain members here on the forum have not given me any legitimate reasons or facts as to why I should stop using my posting style or the ROCK ON catchphrase. Certain members are basing their facts on personal reasons and not legitimate facts. In my opinion, I do not feel that it is right for anyone to tell me to stop my posting style or my catchphrases because it either offends someone or they don't like it. Forgive me "Katuschka," I just don't think that it is a good enough reason.

Oh, really? Catchphrases in general have a wholly communicative purpose. There are no "legitimate facts" regarding human communication. Quoting Saussure, all signs used in communication are arbitrary. It takes two to tango, and if someone doesn't like the way you communicate, he or she simply doesn't. That means your impersonal schemes simply don't work. And that's a fact.

I also realize that you, "Katuschka," are not asking me to stop using my posting style or catchphrases for true reasons or facts. You are just making me aware as to why it offends people. I know that it doesn't offend you because you used my ROCK ON catchphrase in your first post on this thread.

You know, to tell the truth, it annoys me a lot. I'm just being civil, though after reading this last post, I'm not really sure you deserve it. Human communication is more or less a humanistic discipline;it doesn't include any true reasons or facts, just theories. I, too, didnt base anything I said on reasons or facts. I'm not asking you to stop posting the way you post because it's entirely your business. If you want to be regarded as a pain in the ass and ignore those who dislike your behaviour, it's your choice. Looks like you didn't start this thread to get the answers, but to prove your "point," which in fact makes it completely pointless.

"Katuschka," you stated that "I'm sure no one wants you to smile when you feel bad." In my opinion, where I work, its a requirement to smile even when you do feel bad! Why, because I deal with the public as well as important officials and it would not be right for me to take my frustrations out on them. Knowing that, it would not be fair now would it? Besides, when I'm feeling down at work, I do not want to bring people down with me because of how I'm feeling. That is not fair "Katuschka." I would also hope that when I'm feeling down, that my true friends would try to cheer me up and pull me out of it which has been known to be successful with me. Then again, thats just me! Thats how I am "Katuschka." It would not be fair for certain members that I don't even know, to ask me to change who I am. I am saying that because my posting style and my ROCK ON catchphrase is part of who I am.

You must have a really hard and time-consuming job, since you still manage to respond to almost every post on this forum...

I also appreciate when my frue friends try to cheer me up. Can't say the same about complete strangers on an Internet message board.

In closing, I accept people here on the forum for who they are , all I ask is the same back in return. Thank you "Katuschka" for your interest in this subject matter. Take care and ROCK ON FOREVER my friend.

I'm not your friend, so I find it a bit rude to address me in such a familiar way. Thank you.

If your theory were right, people wouldn't resent it. See, a very simple, legitimate reason.

Oh, really? Catchphrases in general have a wholly communicative purpose. There are no "legitimate facts" regarding human communication. Quoting Saussure, all signs used in communication are arbitrary. It takes two to tango, and if someone doesn't like the way you communicate, he or she simply doesn't. That means your impersonal schemes simply don't work. And that's a fact.

You know, to tell the truth, it annoys me a lot. I'm just being civil, though after reading this last post, I'm not really sure you deserve it. Human communication is more or less a humanistic discipline;it doesn't include any true reasons or facts, just theories. I, too, didnt base anything I said on reasons or facts. I'm not asking you to stop posting the way you post because it's entirely your business. If you want to be regarded as a pain in the ass and ignore those who dislike your behaviour, it's your choice. Looks like you didn't start this thread to get the answers, but to prove your "point," which in fact makes it completely pointless.

You must have a really hard and time-consuming job, since you still manage to respond to almost every post on this forum...

I also appreciate when my frue friends try to cheer me up. Can't say the same about complete strangers on an Internet message board.

I'm not your friend, so I find it a bit rude to address me in such a familiar way. Thank you.

Katuschka......I think cheering you up would be a full time job.biggrin.gif

Rave on and peaceout peace.gif

Hi Katuschka! You mean it took you this long to read this post and get back to me? You're right, we are not friends at all! Personally, I think that you are the rude one. The reason why I post so much is because I am a fast worker which is the least that I can say for you. Have a nice day and ROCK ON FOREVER!

...but then you posted a farewell to the forum. It seems to me it was you who made this a bigger issue than it is.

You are right Steve.......ZFF quit! You should never be a quitter when you believe in something. If I were to use a catch phrase I wouldn't care what anyone thinks. Not my problem it's their's. Some people are so fucking pedantic. Not mentioning any names though.....you know who you are missy!

You are right Steve.......ZFF quit! You should never be a quitter when you believe in something. If I were to use a catch phrase I wouldn't care what anyone thinks. Not my problem it's their's. Some people are so fucking pedantic. Not mentioning any names though.....you know who you are missy!

I agree with this, it's what makes you recognisable on the forum. You shouldn't leave just because a few people don't like it, as DD said it's their problem, not yours. Just my opinion.

Dear fellow transvestites,

I would love to add to this amazing tread that I love to be asked how I am doing since it makes me feel more feminine, especially once I apply pink lipstick and wear Manolo Blahnik shoes of course.

As some people may not want to be called Led Zeppelin fans while beeing spoken to, I would love to say that it does not offend me at all. I love big heavy lighter-than-air-cigar-shaped-objects, I stuff such things in all my holes most of the time to get a deeper cosmic awareness of this here time-space continuum, it brings me closer to the deities and forces that once created the multiverse in all its shapes and dimensions, transgalactically speaking.

With kindest regards, and Hail Ceasar,

Mrs.Archibald Mudshark, Ph.D

I, for one was glad to have ZeppFanForever as a friend. Forum friends are a different kind of friendship than the ones we see day to day, but you do get to know the people here by the written conversation that goes on here. I was sad to see his farwell and hope he changes his mind. We all encounter complainers and whiners and I either tune them out or avoid any conversation with them and focus on the ones who are happy and positive. Makes life easier.

ROCK ON FOREVER

I, for one was glad to have ZeppFanForever as a friend. Forum friends are a different kind of friendship than the ones we see day to day, but you do get to know the people here by the written conversation that goes on here. I was sad to see his farwell and hope he changes his mind. We all encounter complainers and whiners and I either tune them out or avoid any conversation with them and focus on the ones who are happy and positive. Makes life easier.

ROCK ON FOREVER

Well said.

Personally, ZFF has alway's been very nice to me and I've never seen him be anything but nice whenever he posts. Maybe it's just me but I gotta figure that something ,other than taking some heat for his posting style, is bothering him. I'm guessing there is and I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. Carry on

Personally, ZFF has alway's been very nice to me and I've never seen him be anything but nice whenever he posts. Maybe it's just me but I gotta figure that something ,other than taking some heat for his posting style, is bothering him. I'm guessing there is and I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. Carry on

I agree and hope he stay's.

Me too.

Dear fellow transvestites,

I would love to add to this amazing tread that I love to be asked how I am doing since it makes me feel more feminine, especially once I apply pink lipstick and wear Manolo Blahnik shoes of course.

As some people may not want to be called Led Zeppelin fans while beeing spoken to, I would love to say that it does not offend me at all. I love big heavy lighter-than-air-cigar-shaped-objects, I stuff such things in all my holes most of the time to get a deeper cosmic awareness of this here time-space continuum, it brings me closer to the deities and forces that once created the multiverse in all its shapes and dimensions, transgalactically speaking.

With kindest regards, and Hail Ceasar,

Mrs.Archibald Mudshark, Ph.D

Now that's professional......I feel a potluck coming on.

Got holes to fill ya know. ;)

I was just having this sort of discussion over in the Newbies area with ledzepfvr about how we tend to talk more on this online thing than we do to the people around us.

Well, I do at least. Here, it's sort of like an RPG (role playing game) as you don't actually meet face to face with who/what your talking about/too. Your just making short/small talk or basic chit chat with one another. There's no real deep context to the post's (large majority of them that is) so you might can see where a need for spicing it up some will make some people feel a higher attraction to it and not only see it as a total wast of time.

Just like there are different spices and taste's for spices, it depends on who you ask and on what subject your asking about as to what is too much spice and what is just right.

Bling!!! I yield the remainder of my time to the genital person in the blue dress! :D

Archived