ROCK ON fellow ZEPPELIN fanatics!

ZeppFanForever

I never really understood what the big deal was about post counts.

Indeed, there are no prizes to be won. For me it's merely a potential tool for discernment as to the poster's credibility.

That is to say if someone has 500+ posts to a forum it tells me there is a "body of work" one can review to glean their interests, style, intent and depth of knowledge. Yes it is an entirely subjective assessment but by contrast, someone with less than say a dozen posts doesn't have a similar body of work to be assessed. They could be a subject matter expert, a spammer or a troll - only time would tell, and inevitably it always does.

I haven't been able to figure that one out either ! It's probably just me but the only thing I've been able to conjur up is that a high post count might actually mean the person likes it here :unsure: .

Imagine that? I thought the same thing. I better add a few more sentences to this post so as not to be accused of posting an "I agree" and nothing more.

Let's see, um, no, that's all I can think of for now. I'll have to be extra gabby and "ramble on" in my next post.

Indeed, there are no prizes to be won. For me it's merely a potential tool for discernment as to the poster's credibility.

Again, with the potential for character assasination without the person being here to defend themselves.

For me it's a potential tool for discernment that the person may just be happy and like it here and doesn't take this forum so deadly serious.

Or maybe he was using reverse psychology, pretending to be nice and friendly, but in the meantime plotting everyone's demise here on the forum. Oh, sometimes I crack myself up!!! Do they make an emoticon for that? I'm emoticon challenged.

Ok...the guy was a regular...posted quite a bit, got wind he was getting under peoples skin, increased posting to 200+ a day, mostly for the self gratifying benefit of seeing his Beavis and Butthead flavored form letter all over the forum, and got the rules changed for the rest of us.

It's as simple as this.

For me it's a potential tool for discernment that the person may just be happy and like it here and doesn't take this forum so deadly serious.

Frankly, I don't particularly care or even concern myself with the happiness of others posting here, it's not my job. I'm

primarily interested in post content, but to each their own.

I did just re-read the forum guidelines. Did they change at some point? I honestly don't remember some of that language when I joined. I would have laughed my butt off at the part about "posts in general that irritate others." That's funny. Who made that one up? Maybe when you report another member, there should be a checklist like one for foul language, one word posts, and my personal favorite, "this person is being a general irritant." Ha Ha! I'm sure I "generally irriate" people all the time. I never would have joined had I read that language. Oh, heck, yes I would have. I'm a rebel like that.

Maybe that's why ZFF left. He didn't want to be a general irritant anymore. See, he actually is a sweet guy sacrificing himself like that.

Rock on Forever. Great...now I have to spell it out because someone on here said the whole world thinks it means rolling on floor. Grrrrr.

Frankly, I don't particularly care or even concern myself with the happiness of others posting here, it's not my job. I'm

primarily interested in post content, but to each their own.

Okay, well if anyone in Admin. cares, I'm happy. This forum ROCKS (pun intended). There are some awesome people here.

Actually, I hope this forum ROCKS ON FOREVER!

Ok...the guy was a regular...posted quite a bit, got wind he was getting under peoples skin, increased posting to 200+ a day, mostly for the self gratifying benefit of seeing his Beavis and Butthead flavored form letter all over the forum, and got the rules changed for the rest of us.

I heard him crying as the door hit 'em in the ass.

I heard him crying as the door hit 'em in the ass.

Your sounding like the guy at the bar who starts all the trouble but leaves it to his buds to clean up the mess. I've alway's fucking hated that quality in a person. BTW, guy's like that usually are heard crying after their heads have gone through the door.

Not a bud to be found. Oh Yeah... Rock on :P

Wheweee! Testosterone, and buzzphrases based on rock and roll.

High school was never as cool as this thread. B)

That's the best defence that you can come up with ??? I'm suprised and disappointed. Alway's took you for being a straight up dude.

That's the best defence that you can come up with ??? I'm suprised and disappointed. Alway's took you for being a straight up dude.

I'm commenting on the thread, not defending myself. I believe it was someone else you were kicking sand in the face of Charles Atlas style. B)

I'm commenting on the thread, not defending myself. I believe it was someone else you were kicking sand in the face of Charles Atlas style. B)

Oh, I see! Let me get this right, a bunch of you guy's jump all over one dude because you have an issue with him and I'm the one acting Charles Atlas style. I'm just stating a simple fact when I say that I, don't appreciate wimpy shit disturbers who haven't got the guts to say it to a man's face. This little witch hunt has not fooled anyone except the mods. Cudos to you and yours for changing the rules of a forum that is constantly being slagged off as a waste of time by so many of the old guard. Was he wrong to spam..why hell yes ! Does he or anyone else deserve to have unsubstansuated accusations hurrled at them....hell no. This is serious shit that he's being accused of and I as a friend have no problem what so ever standing up for the guy. I think it's safe to say that you and your's are taking yourselves way too seriously. Oh, BTW, I also happen to like Steve Jones' threads and don't appreciate the same gang of thieves trying to ruin it either.

I think some of you really need to get a REAL life and quit acting like this is YOUR forum to control and while your at it, quit fucking people around

Oh, I see! Let me get this right, a bunch of you guy's jump all over one dude because you have an issue with him and I'm the one acting Charles Atlas style. I'm just stating a simple fact when I say that I, don't appreciate wimpy shit disturbers who haven't got the guts to say it to a man's face. This little witch hunt has not fooled anyone except the mods. Cudos to you and yours for changing the rules of a forum that is constantly being slagged off as a waste of time by so many of the old guard. Was he wrong to spam..why hell yes ! Does he or anyone else deserve to have unsubstansuated accusations hurrled at them....hell no. This is serious shit that he's being accused of and I as a friend have no problem what so ever standing up for the guy. I think it's safe to say that you and your's are taking yourselves way too seriously. Oh, BTW, I also happen to like Steve Jones' threads and don't appreciate the same gang of thieves trying to ruin it either.

I think some of you really need to get a REAL life and quit acting like this is YOUR forum to control and while your at it, quit fucking people around

Ally, that post is rife with ignorance, and with the mention of Steven A Jones in conjunction with the last line in your post...just damn ironic.

I know, you've heard the stories, and you choose to ignore them....well now you're getting a singular taste of what quite a few others had to stomach around here.

Sucks doesn't it????

The very fact that you're crying, (in one too many beers it sounds like) about ZFF and the rule change is pathetic... this is where the comparisons come to an end, because ZFF left of his own accord....the "old guard" as you put it, were banned. This is a number of friends...gone at the behest of one member.

Talk to me about a witch hunt.... experience one before you speak, Jack.

Ally, that post is rife with ignorance, and with the mention of Steven A Jones in conjunction with the last line in your post...just damn ironic.

I know, you've heard the stories, and you choose to ignore them....well now you're getting a singular taste of what quite a few others had to stomach around here.

Sucks doesn't it????

The very fact that you're crying, (in one too many beers it sounds like) about ZFF and the rule change is pathetic... this is where the comparisons come to an end, because ZFF left of his own accord....the "old guard" as you put it, were banned. This is a number of friends...gone at the behest of one member.

Talk to me about a witch hunt.... experience one before you speak, Jack.

So your saying that the solution to that is to be a pain in the ass and carry on the exact same way ? I find that rather childish and rife with bitterness.

You can dress it up anyway you wish my man but ZFF was forced outta here. It was a gangland slaying and quite a disgusting one at that.

One thing you need to know about me Hickory is that I will speak my mind when I feel it is necessary ( beer not required ) and I hold no party cards . Stupid is as stupid does my man and what went down with ZFF was exactly that. I will however take some responsability for not having tried to contact him sooner and advise him that he was making a mistake. In my world , that's what friends are supposed to do for each other.

Now, if you feel that I've overstepped myself by defending a friend then please feel free to spend the rest of the day trying to beat the shit out of me. Hell, go to the mods and say whatever you like because if it has now become a crime to defend a friend around here then I want no part of this place. Don't however waste any time looking for me as I will be trying to have my way with a cute little martini ;)

Enjoy

I never had an real issue with ZFF`s style. If I didn`t want to read his post, I would just scroll past them. Thats the best ignore feature I know of.

I don`t know the man, just his on-line persona, but he seemed like a nice enough guy. Always cheerful but we all have our breaking points.

What I don`t understand is starting a thread like this one and asking "Is there a problem with ths" then being miffed over a few honest answers.

One had better have thick skin if you ask unless you want to be lied to. I didn`t read every post in this thread but it seems ZFF had more supporters than detractors.

It seems the battle lines have been drawn but I prefer to stay neutral.

Will I miss him? Only time will tell.

ZFF did breathe new life into this community but the smoke from his fiery exit still lingers.

Carry on.

Smoke `em if ya got `em.

You can dress it up anyway you wish my man but ZFF was forced outta here. It was a gangland slaying and quite a disgusting one at that.

How was he forced out Ally. He left of his own accord in a dramtic attention seeking way.

People come and go all the time.... Why get all bent out of shape over this....

So your saying that the solution to that is to be a pain in the ass and carry on the exact same way ? I find that rather childish and rife with bitterness.

One thing you need to know about me Hickory is that I will speak my mind when I feel it is necessary ( beer not required ) and I hold no party cards . Stupid is as stupid does my man and what went down with ZFF was exactly that. I will however take some responsability for not having tried to contact him sooner and advise him that he was making a mistake. In my world , that's what friends are supposed to do for each other.

Now, if you feel that I've overstepped myself by defending a friend then please feel free to spend the rest of the day trying to beat the shit out of me. Hell, go to the mods and say whatever you like because if it has now become a crime to defend a friend around here then I want no part of this place. Don't however waste any time looking for me as I will be trying to have my way with a cute little martini ;)

Enjoy

There are better things to do with this day Ally.

We still disagree here and there...I feel that the poster that ZFF was for the majority of his time here would not have warranted any rule changes. A few people asked him to knock off the form letter, and he responded in a passive agressive manner and covered the forum with what he knew was bothering a few members. This is the point where he lost people on the fence, like myself. You think he needs defending, i say he made a choice, or mistake as you accurately pointed out. Even with all of this, ZFF is still able to post here in the same manner he did for the majority of his time here....just not in "mistake" mode. There's lots of talk coming from yourself about being standup....I see that ZFF screwed himself into this position, and I don't feel sorry for him. All this talk about witch hunts, and gangland slaying is hyperbole, lets hold ZFF to your philosophy, and see if he will cop to his mistake. After all he has not been banned.

Hell, go to the mods and say whatever you like because if it has now become a crime to defend a friend around here then I want no part of this place.-Ally

Ahhh... nice!! A little bit of realization is hitting you!

The sentence for defending a friend around here is much lighter than it used to be...I will also go on record as saying that I have never contacted the mods about any poster....my only contact with them has been when someone has dropped my name to them. A rare occurence for the Hickory Man. B)

Have a good day, and hope the olives are tasty.

I have no idea what the hell is going on around here anymore.

I don't know why ZFF left, I never saw anyone say anything to him on the boards that would make him pick up and leave. I didn't even know there was an addendum to the rules until recently - I thought those had been there since the board moved to this server.

Well, posting 100-200 posts a day is SPAMMING, IMO. It was getting EXTREMELY OLD that he insisted on quoting every single post in this thread and leaving a reply to it, and he also felt the need to post 5-7 times on ONE PAGE of a thread, and many of the posts didn't necessarily move the thread along! Many of the posts were just, "hey 'insert name here,' ROF, my friend!"

I am not saying that I'm glad he's "gone," I'm just saying that the sheer volume of his nonsensical posts was highly irritating.

Hi Mandy,

Posting 100-200 posts a day is NOT SPAMMING, SPAMMING IS AS FOLLOWS ,

"Spam is the abuse of electronic messaging systems (includingmost broadcast media, digital delivery systems) to send unsolicitedbulk messages indiscriminately."

What ZFF did, while mindly irritating, was done Discriminately and therefore was not SPAM.

If he was Rule Breaking then i think that Admin could have delt with it without the "Usual Suspects" (you know who you are) asking for his Head, he was no "Jonh the Baptist" you know?

I've had "Electrophile" call me a "Racist" on at least three occations without any evidence, without an Apology and without Me Going Crying to Admin that i have been Insulted. I have had "Bigstickbonzo" insult My Mother, without ever Knowing Her or Me, how did i react? by going to Admin and Trying to get him Banned? Hell no. i just shrug it off as His Witty Banter getting the better of him for the Moment.

My Point is this, we all at sometime act in a way that others can or could take offence too, if everybody took offence at every comment someone else made and Admin Acted on it then we would not have a Forum to Post on and most of the Top Posters would be banned in a Week or so.

So as the Big Man once Said, "Forgive Us Our Trespasses As We Forgive Those That Trespass Against Us, And Deliver Us From The Evil George W Bush, AMEN" oh yea you did that one already.:lol: The World would be a better place for it, dont you think? Lets Live in Harmony for Once before all the Good Guys/Girls leave Us for Less Formal Rules, you know it makes sense. ;)

ZFF was one of the most Prominante Posters on Here, as well as Bringing Joy and Happiness to Peoples Lives on a Daily Bases he could also Post Factual Articles of Bands that he liked that would put SAJs Posts in the Shadows.

Never once did i see him post something Nasty (you listening Liz) or Distasteful to any other Poster however much provoked (like you Katuschka) he was Cordial, Jovial and Interestingly Funny all the Time, i for one will Miss his Posting However much they may or may not have annoyed me, and some did by the way. ;)

So Ladies and Gentlemen, Please Raise Your Glasses to Our Dear Departed Friend, and if you cant then you were no Friend in the First Place so get Lost. :o

I Give You ZeppFanForever. :beer:

Very Kind Regards, Danny and ROCK ON FOREVER my friend ROF ROF ROF HA HA HA

Archived