Richie Blackmore vs Jimmy Page

ROCK!!!

Ok, my husband has just suggested that Richie Blackmore is a better guitarist than Jimmy Page. :o

Discuss.

:D

You obviously didnt marry him for his musical judgement...lol :D I remember arguing very same thing with my cousin's(much older boyfriend)when i was 13...the philistine ended up punchin the hell out of me....I would not back down then and sure as hell wouldnt now....does he dig Richie's xmas album btw?

Well, you can almost expect the response that Jimmy is better because..............

Personally, I don't like to say who's better. It's such a subjective thing imho.

Though I am a bigger fan of Jimmy Page, I've seen clips of Ritchie Blackmore & I think he's awesome too. I think each great guitarist has strengths/weaknesses but the one thing I think they have in common is that they are exceptionally talented at what they do.

blackmore never had that imagination that JP had in putting tracks 2gether/and solos...suggest yr hubby gets Presence on the headphones now...Tommy Bolin was a better guitarist than Blackmore!discuss that ..perhaps on another site altogether :D

Well, you can almost expect the response that Jimmy is better because..............

Personally, I don't like to say who's better. It's such a subjective thing imho.

Though I am a bigger fan of Jimmy Page, I've seen clips of Ritchie Blackmore & I think he's awesome too. I think each great guitarist has strengths/weaknesses but the one thing I think they have in common is that they are exceptionally talented at what they do.

Husband speaks; 'Er, although Jimmy Page is a greater legend than Blackmore, it's just slightly harder to play Blackmore solos than Page's (speaking as an old guitarist). Discuss.'

B)

Husband speaks; 'Er, although Jimmy Page is a greater legend than Blackmore, it's just slightly harder to play Blackmore solos than Page's (speaking as an old guitarist). Discuss.'

B)

i'm a crap guitarist but i could manage Stargazer!!!

...and my final words before bed...Steve Morse is certainly better than RB 2.....now you know y i dont go near the purple forums lol.sleep well all...off to dream that by some quirk of fate i get jeremy clarkson's ticket..even if it means sittin next to the editor of The Sun!!!!!!!!!

Let us not judge Blackmore without delving into Book of Talisyn by Deep Purple. It's too bad this style of classical and rock fusion wasn't pursued further(IMHO). Blackmore and Page have something in common as far as highly individual and creative note choices in their solos. Blackmore pretty much avoided the pentatonic scale in the early Purple albums, so by the time he gets to the bent note in his solos, the note he is bending is unusual compared to say Eric Clapton.

Let us not judge Blackmore without delving into Book of Talisyn by Deep Purple. It's too bad this style of classical and rock fusion wasn't pursued further(IMHO). Blackmore and Page have something in common as far as highly individual and creative note choices in their solos. Blackmore pretty avoided the pentatonic scale in the early Purple albums, so by the time he gets to the bent note in his solos, the note he is bending is unusual compared to say Eric Clapton.

Husband speaks again: 'Hurrah! Totally agree!'

;)

Two great guitar players that do not deserve to be compared to each other, they both are up there on my All Time Greats list !!!

Think of it this way, if you have children its like picking a favorite, I know I sure can't I love them all the same.

Jimmy n Ritchie Rock nuff said

RjK

Two great guitar players that do not deserve to be compared to each other, they both are up there on my All Time Greats list !!!

Think of it this way, if you have children its like picking a favorite, I know I sure can't I love them all the same.

Jimmy n Ritchie Rock nuff said

RjK

Never compare great musicians, appreciate them for the time and the place :-)

..................................................behave yrself,

jimmy page is a force of nature,

all other 20th century post war guitarists pale into insignificance,

in my humble opinion, there is only one othe guitarist on a level with page, in my view even better than page, a little known classical guitarist from paraguay called agustin barrios.

this great man died in 1944

check people playing his music on you tube

peace and love

barrios

These discussions can be fun, but really they are pointless when trying to determine who's the "Best". Page has been my favorite guitar player since I was a little kid in 1976. He, while not always technically precise can do more with a few notes than most people can do with 100's of notes. His emotion is amazing.

But really look at guys like Don Ross and Michael Hedges(before he died). They do stuff on the acoustic guitar that Page and most of us could not pull off if we tried. No slight against Page, everyone has their strong suit. Just different styles. (OK, I am just pimping these guys cause they rule)

I like the fact that I can listen to and love them all.

While I am a fan of Deep Purple and love music like Pentangle, Fairport Convention, The Trees, Steel-eye Span and the like, what I have heard of Blackmore's Night, sucks. But that is just my own opinion and we all know what those are like.

Please New New Yardbirds, don't suck on Monday night. this is the last chance to get it right. Have fun and leave it on the stage.

Peace to all and remember, music is in the ear of the beholder.

Flame on you crazy diamonds

Archived