Glenn Beck

electricmage

I agree on Pelosi but you really think Obama and Reid are spreading fear? No one, not even Democrats take Reid seriously (he's literally one of the stupidest fucks I've ever had the misfortune of attempting to listen to) and Obama, while barely competent at his job as I predicted, isn't spreading fear...not even close.

Harry Reid is the Senate Majority leader.

Stupidity aside, he's got juice.

And Obama is employing the exact same fear tactics that they screamed about Bush using.

Instead of warnings of buildings blowing up, it's warnings of our economy blowing up (or more accurately, imploding).

If we didn't pass the stimulus immediately our entire economy would collapse.

Instead, 6 months later, 10% of the money has actually been spent.

Our economy is most definitely sucking wind, but it's far from the apocalyptic scenario Obama portrayed.

Other than that, much like during the campaign, Obama himself doesn't actually have to mouth the fear-mongering directly, Democrats and the media – which continues to be an enthusiastically compliant arm of his administration – spread it around for him.

Beck is there for entertainment, much like Hannity/O'Reilly/Limbaugh and all the cooks on MSNBC.

They have no real credibility when it comes to American politics. It's all about "zinging" the other side. Hence why no respected political theorist ever comes on any of these channels. They AREN'T invited, unless their viewpoints coincide with whatever bullshit the channels want to feed their mindless audience. I've never seen an independent consultant with legit creditibilty on any of the channels, ever. You either get Karl Rove (who should be in prison) or Richard Wolfe (who is a shit writer).

Cable News is a cancer. Anyone who deserves being heard in the conversation knows this. :rolleyes:

Boom. Roasted.

Harry Reid is the Senate Majority leader.

Stupidity aside, he's got juice.

Doesn't mean anything.

And Obama is employing the exact same fear tactics that they screamed about Bush using.

Instead of warnings of buildings blowing up, it's warnings of our economy blowing up (or more accurately, imploding).

Yeah ok, but let's not forget that Bush had a fucking rainbow that told you how scared to be for the day. Thats pretty much the definition of "fear-mongering". As much as I dislike Obama though, he was right about the economy imploding.

If we didn't pass the stimulus immediately our entire economy would collapse.

Instead, 6 months later, 10% of the money has actually been spent.

Our economy is most definitely sucking wind, but it's far from the apocalyptic scenario Obama portrayed.

I disagree with the last statement but I'm totally with you on the first.

Other than that, much like during the campaign, Obama himself doesn't actually have to mouth the fear-mongering directly, Democrats and the media – which continues to be an enthusiastically compliant arm of his administration – spread it around for him.

Agreed

• 1 month later...

We do not have liberal politics in this country. Even our Democrats aren't actually liberal. They "right-of-center", right-leaning moderates... whatever you want to call them. But they are not liberal, and there are no true liberals in our government. That was my point.

Absolutly obsurd!

G.W. Bush was only "right of center". McCain would have been at the "center" Clinton was slightly "left of center" (and that thanks only to forcing him there by Newt Gingrich and company).

But for you to claim that the current leadership in the Democrat party is "right of center" is nuts. Obama is only kept from falling off the edge at the far left because Howard Dean and Nancy Pelosi are standing there in his way.

You really need to re-calibrate your scale son.

Glenn Beck may be a (slight) madman, but I agree with almost everything he says. :beer:

I actually had to laugh my ass off when he had added the 'direct phone line' with a person standing by to receive all calls from the white house press office there on his set. He was responding to an offer Obama's press person Anita Dunn had made about having communications with the press in the event they felt there was anything that needed to be corrected in the news reporting. The phone looked like it was the 'Bat-phone' or something. LOL!

Beck would keep asking, "has anyone from the white house called?" And the answer of course was "no, nothing yet."

Fucking hysterical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSIpClamD_E

Archived