David Letterman Extortion Plot

2bitnogoodjive

And jokes about this gap toothed lecherous old creep who has to dip his pen in the company ink to distract himself from his wife are a source of enduring laughter to me...and many others.

I congratulate Letterman for standing up to this man who wanted to extort money from him. And I am happy that he went to the police so that man would not get away with this crime. But why did Dave feel the need to talk about it on his show? It's not like it is anyone else's business, and I'm sure he isn't the first man who has cheated on his wife. But why bring this to his show?

Because he is weak. Dave is a joke, and not even a funny joke. A sad bitter man.

I'm not sure where you folks get your misinformation from but Letterman wasn't married at the time, nor was he involved with Regina Lasko (his current wife) during that time period. As for addressing the matter on the show, why shouldn't he? He's a public figure and the story has been all over the news since it first broke. If you're in the public spotlight as Letterman is, there would have been no avoiding it. Of course, if he had said nothing he would be criticized for that too.

In regards to how his show has changed, well that happened when he moved to an earlier time slot. The same thing has occurred with Conan O'Brien's show. At that hour you are appealing to an entirely different audience so of course, certain elements of the program are going to be tweaked. That goes from the content itself and how it's presented to what type of musical artists are guests on the show.

Was what Letterman did wrong? If he was single at the time (which he was), no. What's wrong is attempting to extort money from a public figure in an effort to get rich.

I'm not sure where you folks get your misinformation from but Letterman wasn't married at the time, nor was he involved with Regina Lasko (his current wife) during that time period. As for addressing the matter on the show, why shouldn't he? He's a public figure and the story has been all over the news since it first broke. If you're in the public spotlight as Letterman is, there would have been no avoiding it. Of course, if he had said nothing he would be criticized for that too.

In regards to how his show has changed, well that happened when he moved to an earlier time slot. The same thing has occurred with Conan O'Brien's show. At that hour you are appealing to an entirely different audience so of course, certain elements of the program are going to be tweaked. That goes from the content itself and how it's presented to what type of musical artists are guests on the show.

Was what Letterman did wrong? If he was single at the time (which he was), no. What's wrong is attempting to extort money from a public figure in an effort to get rich.

All of the late night talk shows, (Letterman, O'Brien, you name it) have gotten so bad that I, myself, would not spent any energy defending them. I respect their guests a little less for even going on these shows.

All of the late night talk shows, (Letterman, O'Brien, you name it) have gotten so bad that I, myself, would not spent any energy defending them. I respect their guests a little less for even going on these shows.

I quite enjoy Letterman's show as well as Craig Ferguson's but that wasn't the point of my post. I was clarifying the inaccurate information about Letterman's martial status at the time of this incident.

I love how Letterman is portrayed as "being honest" by coming out with it.

He's no different from any of the others who have made the news with similar indiscretions.

He "came out" with it only after he had no other choice.

Just like Mark Sanford, just like Rick Pitino, etc.

They come clean (ouch, sorry) only after they are cornered with no way out.

Hello;

I can't stand this story..it's frequently on the news both US and Canadian stations...

It makes me ill....i left an abuser and just as I start to trust again..this a**hole shows his true colours...defintely lost my appetite for s** to :yesnod:

Juliet :bagoverhead:

Ps I'll renew my membership for Celibates Anonymous...after work today :rollin:

I don't think anyone is portraying Letterman as some kind of saint, least of all Letterman himself. Better to have addressed when he did, in the manner he did than having it be all over the news and not saying anything at all.

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/03/23/2009-03-23_david_letterman_finally_marries_longtime.html

That is where I get my "misinformation". If you're claiming that he was strategically on "breaks" during this twenty year period at precisely the same times as he was diddling the staff, then where exactly do you get your misinformation from? :lol:

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/03/23/2009-03-23_david_letterman_finally_marries_longtime.html

That is where I get my "misinformation". If you're claiming that he was strategically on "breaks" during this twenty year period at precisely the same times as he was diddling the staff, then where exactly do you get your misinformation from? :lol:

The misinformation I was referring to was this:

And jokes about this gap toothed lecherous old creep who has to dip his pen in the company ink to distract himself from his wife are a source of enduring laughter to me...and many others.

and this:

It's not like it is anyone else's business, and I'm sure he isn't the first man who has cheated on his wife.

Letterman wasn't married to Lasko at the time. Dating, yes (which I was unaware of) but married? No, which is what you and Del Zeppnile stated above.

The misinformation I was referring to was this:

and this:

Letterman wasn't married to Lasko at the time. Dating, yes (which I was unaware of) but married? No, which is what you and Del Zeppnile stated above.

So the affairs abruptly ended when he made his common-law wife his legal wife, right? I mean you are up on all the facts aren't you, otherwise you wouldn't casually accuse people of spreading misinformation, would you?

Hi all,

So the affairs abruptly ended when he made his common-law wife his legal wife, right? I mean you are up on all the facts aren't you, otherwise you wouldn't casually accuse people of spreading misinformation, would you?

But old Dave had no problem talkin' trash about everyone else?Did he? :blink:

Roll______ Bob Dylan,... :rolleyes:

KB(to be on your own,...no direction home)

Letterman wasn't married at the time of the affairs. Stating otherwise, as you did is indeed misinformation because it's not true.

J,he had plenty of s*** to talk about everyone else.How's the glass house Davy? <_<

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything as I'm not trying to make a case that he should be eligible for sainthood. I'm merely stating he wasn't married at the time which is what two members of the board inaccurately posted here.

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything as I'm not trying to make a case that he should be eligible for sainthood. I'm merely stating he wasn't married at the time which is what two members of the board inaccurately posted here.

How do you know that? The answer is...you don't. You are suggesting that the affairs abruptly stopped when Letterman's common-law WIFE (you have heard of such a thing, haven't you? I mean if you're with someone for 23 years many do consider such a person to be a wife) became his legal WIFE. I seriously doubt that. :)

In any case, it is certainly good to know that we have someone such as yourself on this board who can police it for those spreading "misinformation".

Can I sue him for the psychological damages he has caused me? These mental images of David Letterman's sex life are torture, I tell ya! Why couldn't it be Johnny Depp, or Naveen Andrews or Josh Holloway instead? :P

Angel:

I agree.....I hope you are awarded millions...

Juliet :lol:

What's with all the moralizing going on about Letterman? Most of you are fans of some rock musicians who were never faithful to their wives, I don't hear anybody kicking up a stink about that... George Harrison was screwing Olivia Trinidad who worked for him at the time while he was still married to Pattie Boyd...He was even doing Ringo's wife, while he was still married to Pattie, so where's all the complaints about him?

How do you know that? The answer is...you don't.

The answer is, I do but it's more than evident that you don't. Perhaps you don't have the ability to read your own posts but you previously stated that Letterman and Lasko were married at the time of the affairs when in fact, they weren't. You should know, you're the one that posted this link to an article that very clearly states that they weren't married until March 19th of this year.

You are suggesting that the affairs abruptly stopped when Letterman's common-law WIFE (you have heard of such a thing, haven't you? I mean if you're with someone for 23 years many do consider such a person to be a wife) became his legal WIFE. I seriously doubt that.

I'm not "suggesting" anything. You previously stated that Letterman was married to Lasko at the time when he wasn't.

What's with all the moralizing going on about Letterman? Most of you are fans of some rock musicians who were never faithful to their wives, I don't hear anybody kicking up a stink about that... George Harrison was screwing Olivia Trinidad who worked for him at the time while he was still married to Pattie Boyd...He was even doing Ringo's wife, while he was still married to Pattie, so where's all the complaints about him?

:lol:Rock stars have a free pass.

Bottom line is....Men are pervs, period. :P

Men cheat, so do women. The main squeeze involved was also shacked up with someone.

Big deal. And most women involved with powerful, or famous men know they might cheat.

It's part of the deal. Some can take it others can't.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived