This Morning I Fell In Love With A Voice

sirchris

As I listened to The Chain by Fleetwood Mac this morning I was suddenly struck by the heart breaking beauty of one line of Christine McVies backing vocals that i'd never really noticed before.

It's when the chorus kicks in and the lyrics "I can still hear you saying...You must never break the chain" are being sung for the second time. McVie adds a beautiful mournful celestial gossamer featherlight breath ["Still hear you saying"] over the top and my heart melted and electric wires fizzed in my spine.

That is all.

Peace & Love.

As I listened to The Chain by Fleetwood Mac this morning I was suddenly struck by the heart breaking beauty of one line of Christine McVies backing vocals that i'd never really noticed before.

It's when the chorus kicks in and the lyrics "I can still hear you saying...You must never break the chain" are being sung for the second time. McVie adds a beautiful mournful celestial gossamer featherlight breath ["Still hear you saying"] over the top and my heart melted and electric wires fizzed in my spine.

That is all.

Peace & Love.

Seconded.

Oh, Daddy from the same CD is also an incredible track where Christine really sends chills down the spine.

That is all.

Peace & Love.

Greetings "sirchris!" I hope life is treating you well. I love the song "The Chain!" I love Christine McVie so much. I have very fond memories of both Christine and the late great Dennis (Denny) Wilson, Drummer for THE BEACH BOYS. Have a great day and ROCK ON FOREVER!

Oh no.. you guy's forgot all about the sweetest song she did, "Song Bird"! ;)

Greetings "BonzoLikeDrumer!" I hope life's treating you well. "Songbird" is one of my most favorite FLEETWOOD MAC songs ever! Thanks for reminding us, it is deeply appreciated. Take care and ROCK ON FOREVER my friend!

"The Chain" is one of my daughter's favorite songs. We have it taped from Sirius music on the DVR so she can play it herself and this morning she told me she did while i was still in bed! I just read this thread to her and now she put the song on again. She was about three when she fell in love with this song. Anyway, if nothing else, reading this to her and getting her all excited was worth while! lol, she's dancing too. :) I like the way all three main singers, Lindsey, Stevie and Christine sound together!

"The Chain" is one of my daughter's favorite songs. We have it taped from Sirius music on the DVR so she can play it herself and this morning she told me she did while i was still in bed! I just read this thread to her and now she put the song on again. She was about three when she fell in love with this song. Anyway, if nothing else, reading this to her and getting her all excited was worth while! lol, she's dancing too. :) I like the way all three main singers, Lindsey, Stevie and Christine sound together!

Hi "~tangerine~!" What a surprise! How nice that it is to see you here back home where you belong! Ha Ha! Does your daughter love "Songbird" too? I LOVE "Songbird!" Give your daughter a hug for me and ROCK ON FOREVER dear!

That is all.

Peace & Love.

That's a lovely description Chris.

They sometimes bring me to tears actually.

Sir chris:

I like your thread..I see that you are feeling better and sounding so positive..BRAVO

SONGBIRD is my favourite song by Christine...

Juliet

PS May I add Gold Dust Woman..verses by Stevie with Christine joining in the chorus..a great tune..

I have one of her albums and really like the song 'I'm The One'

chrismelmaker.jpg

B)

How's it going "redrum?" That is funny that you should have a picture of young Christine with the sign that says perfect on it. Why? Because Christine was Christine Perfect before she became Christine McVie. Isn't that something? ROCK ON FOREVER my friend!

Life...fair I'd say. Missing my son, and a bit of the pre-winter blues, but that's par for the course.

I suppose that fairness is all you can really ask of life without feeling like you owe it something in return. I love me a nice cold winter but I suppose I haven't got much choice over here. We're just starting to get that autumnal nip in the air too. When's the next time you'll see your boy?

How's it going "redrum?" That is funny that you should have a picture of young Christine with the sign that says perfect on it. Why? Because Christine was Christine Perfect before she became Christine McVie. Isn't that something? ROCK ON FOREVER my friend!

I did not know that. Ya learn something new everyday. :)

Archived