What do you call Led Zeppelin's 4th album?

"Led Zeppelin 4". Jimmy calls it that & he's the one who decided what he wanted the album cover & inlay to look like, though I think the cover was actually a painting that Robert bought at a thrift shop if I'm not mistaken. I never heard a band member refer to it as "ZOSO", "Runes", or "4 Symbols" so why would anyone else. You may as well call it "The Honeydrippers Vol. 3" if we're just going to make up album titles.

Well where I live, back in the day when it was first released everybody called it Led Zeppelin IV........I'm not sure where the Zoso tag began. I know why, but nobody ever called it Zoso or untitled for that matter......it was always Led IV.

Nearly forty years later, to me it still is. Led Zeppelin IV.

Regards;

For me personally, in my opinion, I call it the WHEN THE LEVEE BREAKS album. The reason for this is because when you look at the front and back covers, the houses as well as the whole town looks like water wiped out the whole town as a result of a levee breakage. Maybe thats the reason why there's songs on the album called "Stairway To Heaven" and "Misty Mountain Hop." It was just a thought. Ha Ha! ROCK ON FOREVER die hard ZEPPELIN fans!

LATE EDIT: How bout calling the album LEVEEBREAKER?

uhhhh, no to the new name

• 2 weeks later...

Anything but LED ZEPPELIN IV.

I think that's one of my pet peeves, when someone calls it LED ZEPPELIN IV.

I recently saw a trivia game on TV where the question was:

What are the names of Led Zeppelin's first four albums?

The contestant answered:

Led Zeppelin I

Led Zeppelin II

Led Zeppelin III

Led Zeppelin IV

The contestant was then told; "That is correct!"

Of course the first and last answers were incorrect. The first album was simply called Led Zeppelin and the fourth.... need I say more.

Another pet peeve on mine is when someone refers to the Stones song "Honky Tonk Women" as "Honky Tonk Woman". Tina Turner is one of the biggest violators of this.

Anything but LED ZEPPELIN IV.

I think that's one of my pet peeves, when someone calls it LED ZEPPELIN IV.

I recently saw a trivia game on TV where the question was:

What are the names of Led Zeppelin's first four albums?

The contestant answered:

Led Zeppelin I

Led Zeppelin II

Led Zeppelin III

Led Zeppelin IV

The contestant was then told; "That is correct!"

Of course the first and last answers were incorrect. The first album was simply called Led Zeppelin and the fourth.... need I say more.

Another pet peeve on mine is when someone refers to the Stones song "Honky Tonk Women" as "Honky Tonk Woman". Tina Turner is one of the biggest violators of this.

The contestant was correct.....it has always been I and IV to me. I don't see what the big deal is about.....Led Zeppelin was thier first album, so to me it is LZ 1 and the same for 4.

Archived