I've Been Going to the...MOOOOvies

bigstickbonzo

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, zepscoda said:

Yvonne: Where were you last night?

Rick: That's so long ago, I don't remember.

Yvonne: Will I see you tonight?

Rick: I never make plans that far ahead

So classic!!!

Loved seeing this in the theater. 

It's an incredible film.  

And I want my money back because there was a skip at the end and the last line didn't make it.  Arrrrggggghhhhhhh

Fortunately, everyone in the place was able to say "Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship" so my friend didn't have to miss it.  :D

14 hours ago, ebk said:

It's an incredible film.  

And I want my money back because there was a skip at the end and the last line didn't make it.  Arrrrggggghhhhhhh

Fortunately, everyone in the place was able to say "Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship" so my friend didn't have to miss it.  :D

Shit,  of all the parts in the film for that to happen!  We had some audio issues during Ben Mankiewicz's intro, but was fixed before the opening of the film.

15 hours ago, ebk said:

It's an incredible film.  

😮 Oh my. Sacrilege! That's a damn shame and you should have your money back. Was it at a multiplex staffed by pimply teenagers too engrossed in their phones to care to make sure films are projected properly?

I know someone down South that has the same problem with their TCM screenings.

On 11/12/2017 at 9:29 PM, ebk said:

It's an incredible film.  

After all these years , did you pick up on anything that you haven't noticed before?

During the seen when Ugarte is arrested he askes to cash in his chips before they take him. I had never noticed until Sundays viewing,  as they are walking up to the cashier,  Ugarte turns to the police and says something like , " I did pretty good, didnt I ". 

We had a pretty good crowd, the upper section of the theater was pretty packed.

On 11/17/2017 at 8:58 PM, zepscoda said:

After all these years , did you pick up on anything that you haven't noticed before?

During the seen when Ugarte is arrested he askes to cash in his chips before they take him. I had never noticed until Sundays viewing,  as they are walking up to the cashier,  Ugarte turns to the police and says something like , " I did pretty good, didnt I ". 

We had a pretty good crowd, the upper section of the theater was pretty packed.

Honestly, I haven't seen the movie in so long I was just re-appreciating it for itself.  Didn't notice anything new.  I was also trying to glance at my friend to make sure she was enjoying it, too.  She was :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Considering many people, especially younger ones, don't seem to have any idea about WWIi history or anything to do with the past (sorry, Wonder Woman and Captain America did not defeat the Nazis), these two movies come at a perfect time. Take the kids, take the family.

darkest-hour-poster2-large.thumb.jpg.ad074193aefca09586120017acd10b84.jpg

dunkirk_xlg.thumb.jpg.0892ff7c9fbd3bac146dbbe763c35a88.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 12/12/2017 at 6:53 AM, Strider said:

Considering many people, especially younger ones, don't seem to have any idea about WWIi history or anything to do with the past (sorry, Wonder Woman and Captain America did not defeat the Nazis), these two movies come at a perfect time. Take the kids, take the family.

darkest-hour-poster2-large.thumb.jpg.ad074193aefca09586120017acd10b84.jpg

dunkirk_xlg.thumb.jpg.0892ff7c9fbd3bac146dbbe763c35a88.jpg

Brilliant movies, both of them! Saw Darkest Hour last week, with my parents. Viewed the trailer for Dunkirk. My favourite scene was that of Churchill riding the underground with ordinary citizens, jotting down their names and thoughts on whether they should continue the fight! Being a history buff, Darkest Hour moved me so much! It clearly shows that even Churchill, was human, at the end of the day. Pre-ordered the DVD. So excited! :) 

I missed the opportunity to see Dunkirk, though. Will definitely be ordering the DVD. 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

• 4 weeks later...

Got to hang with Burt Reynolds all weekend. Q & As three of the four nights. Voted #1 Box Office Star 5 years in a row. Only Bing Crosby can match that.

Thursday. Premiere of "The Last Movie Star". Adam Rifkin, Ariel Winter, Chevy Chase, Marilu Henner showed up in support.

20180322_191345.thumb.jpg.2e5f12eb80bbdeea9811eb51dfd14968.jpg20180322_191452.thumb.jpg.fb575b618bea9cb81edb72719c4b41a2.jpg5abb48dd5127c_BurtReynoldsArielWinterA24DirecTVLasthjGNk3Za6bHl.jpg.af252c7dbb5de88ecef9a18c69e42f00.jpgThe-Last-Movie-Star-2017.jpg.3ba26ba51084b755eb230905c89ea104.jpg

Friday. "Gator" and "The End".

d1fa482b87fa57846f70f92890b7615b.thumb.jpg.c644477864b6b2a3b606259b950c1846.jpgdownloadfile.jpg.a1c82261d27b852e09878d1660d6797a.jpg

Edited by Strider

Freaking hilarious....once you get used to everyone speaking with English and American accents, hehe. Better than any of the movies at the Oscars this year.

From the guy who made "In the Loop", another hilarious black-comedy. 

la-1.thumb.jpg.94de1494ae3d929acab1c2e164c7ec67.jpg

Edited by Strider

"It looked as if she were holding herself up to get a last breath of air. It was a consciously assumed position.... She didn't drown. She died of suffocation in her own air void. It took her at least three or four hours to die. I could have had her out of that car twenty-five minutes after I got the call. But he [Ted Kennedy] didn't call."

— diver John Farrar, Inquest into the Death of Mary Jo Kopechne, Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Edgartown District Court