I've Been Going to the...MOOOOvies

bigstickbonzo

^^^

But Ady, what if I want to die today? ;)

Going out later tonight to see two Lee Marvin movies: "Cat Ballou" and "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance". I don't think I've seen "Cat Ballou" since 1970. "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance" I have seen about five times...the last time however was in the early 2000s at a John Wayne retrospective at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art. So I am due a fresh viewing.

A friend of mine saw a movie I have been raving about for months last night and I am on pins-and-needles waiting to hear her thoughts.

Edited by Strider

'Amour'

It's not for everyone as it deals with death and dying, but it is worth seeing.

Have read wonderful reviews about "Amour", still undecided about seeing it because of the subject matter.

Saw "Side Effects" yesterday. It was good, not excellent. Good cast and some strong performances. Catherine Zeta-Jones as gorgeous as ever. Pieces of the plot have been done many times before and done better in my opinion.

If you can, see 'MARWENCOL'. It's an amazing documentary.

Saw "MARWENCOL" yesterday. Thank you for the recommendation. I think it was a good decision by the writer to slowly reveal what triggered the attack on the subject. I will be doing some searches to see if there are any updates on him.

Saw "MARWENCOL" yesterday. Thank you for the recommendation. I think it was a good decision by the writer to slowly reveal what triggered the attack on the subject. I will be doing some searches to see if there are any updates on him.

It's a hell of a way to become famous. He's got his quirks but I love his art. :^)

Got this from RedBox last night, because I had seen the trailer.

Pretty hard to go wrong with Christopher Walken, Woody Harrelson and Colin Ferrell.
Sam Rockwell is becoming one of my favorite actors, and he really makes this movie great.

Best $1.62 I've spent lately.

2100804.jpg

Got this from RedBox last night, because I had seen the trailer.

Pretty hard to go wrong with Christopher Walken, Woody Harrelson and Colin Ferrell.

Sam Rockwell is becoming one of my favorite actors, and he really makes this movie great.

Best $1.62 I've spent lately.

2100804.jpg

$1.62? That is good blood for your buck ratio!

This and "Killer Joe" were two of my favourite movies from last year. The only problem was that they were hard to recommend to other people because of the high violence/blood quotient. I'm well aware that my tolerance for violence and sex in movies is higher than most of my friends and the average person.

TypeO, since you liked Sam Rockwell so much, I recommend you check out "Moon", another film he is great in.

$1.62? That is good blood for your buck ratio!

This and "Killer Joe" were two of my favourite movies from last year. The only problem was that they were hard to recommend to other people because of the high violence/blood quotient. I'm well aware that my tolerance for violence and sex in movies is higher than most of my friends and the average person.

TypeO, since you liked Sam Rockwell so much, I recommend you check out "Moon", another film he is great in.

LOL, yeah, $1.50 + tax for Blu-Ray rentals at Redbox.

I even watched it again last night with a friend of mine after a couple bongs of some good medicinal.

It was even better the second time around.

I'll definitely check out Moon when I can find it.

The Green Mile is the first thing I remember seeing him in.

I even enjoyed Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, but I was a huge Gong Show fan anyway.

As for violence/gore and sex, I don't mind it as long as it isn't the only point of the movie.

I can laugh at the dark humor of some of the head shots in Psychopaths, but I was very uncomfortable watching Hostel for the first time.

I'm not a particular fan of horror/gore movies, yet graphic violence like Pulp Fiction isn't an issue for me.