Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
bigstickbonzo

I've Been Going to the...MOOOOvies

^^^I have read some advance promo on that. I'll keep an eye out.

Monday night was spent in Paris...20160711_214045.jpg

Last night was a good ol' cheap B-movie bonanza with two country outlaws: Johnny Cash (hopped up on pills) in "Five Minutes to Live" and Merle Haggard in "Killers Three"...which also had Dick Clark, who starred and produced the film.

20160712_190900.jpg

14 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Speechless after watching this short film. No words. Gives you such a lot to think about! One of the most powerful films I've seen this year. 

2144403be94578c10d4bef78d9e19937.jpg

If my son's best friend had the opportunity to get all those boys and girls (who bullied him in school for being gay) to watch this film, he would seize the day! 

Edited by Emily008

10 hours ago, Emily008 said:

If my son's best friend had the opportunity to get all those boys and girls (who bullied him in school for being gay) to watch this film, he would seize the day! 

I am going to get my parents to see this film over the weekend. We need to see this as a family. It is important.

Everyone on this earth must see this. It is as important as IMO, other short films such as India's Daughter, for instance. 

:hysterical:

Thanks for that.  Haven't seen it in quite a while...

2 hours ago, Strider said:

The greatest short film ever.

Damn! That is so mean!!! I knew that there was going to be trouble when I heard notes from The Overture of William Tell! 

Will it be terrible if I actually thanked you for posting this?! :hysterical: 

It just screams Tex Avery!! I know that he didn't create this, but this film really reminded me of his gags! :P 

Like this one:

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

I'm going to Sunday's showing..there's also showings the following Wednesday.

Be the first time seeing Planet of the Apes on the big screen !

Here's the link:

http://www.fathomevents.com/event/planet-of-the-apes?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=CPC&utm_content=87-Paid&utm_campaign=PlanetApes

2016-07-18-15-29-52.png

Edited by zepscoda
To add link

3 hours ago, zepscoda said:

I'm going to Sunday's showing..there's also showings the following Wednesday.

Be the first time seeing Planet of the Apes on the big screen !

Here's the link:

http://www.fathomevents.com/event/planet-of-the-apes?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=CPC&utm_content=87-Paid&utm_campaign=PlanetApes

2016-07-18-15-29-52.png

That is awesome zepscoda! It is so much better to see it on the big screen with Jerry Goldsmith's wonderful score in full volume. I see it every chance I get when the American Cinematheque or Arclight Hollywood screens it locally.

"You maniacs! Damn you all to hell!"

Edited by Strider

Oh my god. That was so much fun. I never tire of "West Side Story". A beautiful 70mm film print. I don't know how George Chakiris does it...he looks like he could still dance the role of Bernardo. Or Riff...that was the role he originally was playing in the British stage production when the producers called him for the film version. I wish I could have seen him as Riff. Not that there is anything wrong with Russ Tamblyn. They were both looking great tonight. Now I have the songs humming in my head...

I saw Jason Bourne last weekend. I enjoyed it; although maybe not quite as much as the first 3.

On 11/23/2007 at 9:42 PM, kaztor (slight return) said:

You know those horror movies that you can see 5 times and STILL discover new things?

You know those horror movies that grip you right from the start until the very end without a hint of a weak or inferior moment?

You know those horror movies that are tension-laced and kick your ass completely when it comes to highly innovative, gruesome murders?

You know those horror movies that are old, but were way ahead of their time when they first got released?

ALL OF THIS AND MORE IS....

suspiria.jpg

Holy Snikees.  A friend of mine just showed me a trailer of this movie on YouTube a week ago.  He loves the movie and the band Goblin that does the soundtrack, or some of it. 

Sully.  

i wasn't expecting to get so emotional, although the reality of the miracle that occurred is pretty intense.  I did not remember (or realize) that the NTSB folks were such jerks.  That was upsetting.  Sully was the right man to handle that situation, not sure anyone else could have done it.  And he seems like such a nice guy, too.

Got this from Redbox, and it was way funnier than I imagined.
Of course, I didn't realize it was The Lonely Island guys, which explained a lot.

REALLY funny stuff.

3937_popstar_1043.jpg

Not surprisingly, this was epic.
Key and Peele are real-deal hilarious.

Keanu.png

Edited by TypeO