I've Been Going to the...MOOOOvies

bigstickbonzo

11 hours ago, Strider said:

Maximilian Schell or Paul Newman for Best Actor for 1961 was a tough call. Spencer Tracy was also nominated for Best Actor for his role in "Judgment at Nuremberg". I'm sure many thought Schell and Tracy would split the vote and Newman would win. But it's hard to complain about Schell's win.

Now I have to watch that again. It's been a while.

Been watching 'Notorious Nazi Women' on YT. Heartless, vicious bitches.

Amazon.com: Notorious Nazi Women (The Eclectic Collection Book 1 ...

10 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Actually, when news of the Tate murders happened most of Hollywood actors left town FAST, including McQueen. He came back only several weeks later, packing his Colt.

Believe me, there is much, much more to the Tate-LaBianca murders than was ever released to the public. Drug deals, bikers, & the Mob.

RUN!!!!

The color out of space- I was looking forward to this one as I've found the Lovecraft stories quite interesting. I'd rate this a 3/5 overall. The concept of the story is undoubtedly spooky- a meteor crashes to earth and just the color emitted from it is an alien life of some sort that takes over people's minds. The direction of the film itself? Not good. The cast do their part and Cage puts in tremendous effort, but there's just not enough detail to give this movie any depth. The dialogue is vague and shallow and although it's a full length film, it doesn't have enough substance to carry it. The creepy effect is there but it feels so shallow and short lived. It's worth a watch though.

23 hours ago, redrum said:

Tried watching '1941' but it put me to sleep. Just not funny. 👎

This was great......

Amazon.com: The Last One - Popcorn Sutton Documentary - Special ...

He was funny and loved his cats.

You know, he killed himself as he was facing prison time for "bootlegging" and now people are making money off his name and moonshining has been legalized to an extent. Seems such a shame.

2 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

You know, he killed himself as he was facing prison time for "bootlegging" and now people are making money off his name and moonshining has been legalized to an extent. Seems such a shame.

Yes. I watched the one done by photographer Andy Armstrong just before Popcorn (I keep wanting to call him Popeye) killed himself. Some of the best black & white portraits I've ever seen.

http://www.andyarmstrongphoto.com/my-day-with-the-moonshiner/

13 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Isnt Tom Hanks new movie supposed to be coming out?  Does anyone know?

9 hours ago, ebk said:

It's out - on Apple TV.  Got pretty good reviews.

6 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

It's Tom Hanks. If he read the phone book it would get good reviews.

1 hour ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Hanks is the contemporary Jimmy Stewart, even Old Scratch loves Hanks.

What has me most intrigued is that the movie ("The Greyhound") is adapted from an old C.S. Forester war novel "The Good Shepherd".

6 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

A movie that may not be for the faint of heart--nothing that will frighten the kids, but some grim subject matter; with anything but a "happy ending," but still a good movie....

witchfinder_general_UKcolourquad.jpg

That's one I'll never forget. What true bastards they really were.