Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
bigstickbonzo

I've Been Going to the...MOOOOvies

9 minutes ago, Mr.Bones said:

His son couldn’t be The Godfather the kid looked like and acted like a homo, the mob wouldn’t stand for someone like that, Connie would’ve rubbed him out, the only one I could see taking over was his right hand and loyal Al Neri.

Edited by RainbowElf

18 minutes ago, RainbowElf said:

His son couldn’t be The Godfather the kid looked like and acted like a homo, the mob wouldn’t stand for someone like that, Connie would’ve rubbed him out, the only one I could see taking over was his right hand and loyal Al Neri.

That's how he acted in GFIII, he was still a little kid at the end of GFII. My vison is a completely different GFIII where Anthony has followed in his fathers footsteps but wanting to continue his fathers dream of legitimacy. He would be a completely different character and not the Nancy-boy opera singer we got in GFIII.

Edited by Mr.Bones

4 hours ago, Mr.Bones said:

That's how he acted in GFIII, he was still a little kid at the end of GFII. My vison is a completely different GFIII where Anthony has followed in his fathers footsteps but wanting to continue his fathers dream of legitimacy. He would be a completely different character and not the Nancy-boy opera singer we got in GFIII.

A great mob movie that's pretty much unknown. Also stars Joe Pesci. Even has a black hit man. Super violent, but also some good humor. The scene at the piano bar is hilarious.

Family Enforcer (DVD) for sale online | eBay

Edited by redrum

It was Greer Garson's birthday today and TCM obliged with a Greer Garson marathon. 

MV5BY2UxNjcwYmQtODc1NC00ZjQ1LTk4NDctZTE0NjhlMjNlOTEyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc1NTYyMjg@._V1_.jpg.e5fa7d3228a25cdbebfc80bf128ea7bb.jpgPrideundprejudice.jpg.37bc67a7150bc284db0a6686643221c6.jpg

Happy birthday Buster Keaton. Born 125 years ago on this day...October 4, 1895. Resting place in Hollywood Hills Forest Lawn Memorial Park.BusterKeaton.jpeg.db2434d64170ee7e7347bce3f8b20ee7.jpeg

6 hours ago, Strider said:

Happy birthday Buster Keaton. Born 125 years ago on this day...October 4, 1895. Resting place in Hollywood Hills Forest Lawn Memorial Park.BusterKeaton.jpeg.db2434d64170ee7e7347bce3f8b20ee7.jpeg

'That was a real buster'

I have a 1966 Mercedes 'Fintail' and I found out today why the brakes weren't quite up to snuff. One 9 inch line (left rear) was clogged with what looked like tar. I put it in the vice and used a small, long drill bit and even it had a tough time drilling through the crud. Well, Murphy's Law took over and the drill bit wandered and came through the side of the hose. Kiss it goodbye. But.....I already ordered a new one from 'Parts Geek' for $12 + shipping. Should be back on the road this week. This model Mercedes was featured in 'Marathon Man' and meets an untimely end.

MERCEDES-2.jpg

Inspired by Buster Keaton's birthday yesterday it was Silent Movie Sunday at my house.

Sherlock_jr_poster.thumb.jpg.561a295424bdea59208b0760cd839c28.jpgs-l300_1.jpg.9a3895806c8f3fd975812b8875c635ad.jpg.

Lewis Carroll's "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" was an instantaneous and lasting success upon publication in 1865. The book has never been out of print and has seen numerous adaptations on stage, screen, and television. Sunday I went back to the earliest film adaptations, starting with the very first one made in Britain in 1903, with 18-year old May Clark as Alice. About nine minutes long. Next came a 1910 one-reeler made in the U.S. with 11-year old Gladys Hulette and distributed by the Thomas Edison company. Only ten minutes long but a bit more watchable than the 1903 film...the Alice is more credible in the 1910 film. Finally, we get a more fully-fledged telling of the story in the 1915 version starring 15-year old Viola Savoy as Alice. At 52 minutes long, we get more of the story and more of the characters, although it still has that stiltedness of many early 1900s silent films before D.W. Griffith' revolutions in editing and narrative structure.

640px-Alice_in_Wonderland_poster.jpg.15181ed31a6027dc515b16c4bca1fce2.jpg

53 minutes ago, Strider said:

Nazi Noir by Orson Welles.

640px-The_Stranger_(1946_film_poster)_1.jpg.c1eaa497096a13d4b8676901e5cbce9e.jpg

Great movie. Welles could have been Mengele.

As many great movies as he was in the 1950s, Rod Steiger also had a helluva run in the 1960s. "The Longest Day". "The Loved One". "Dr. Zhivago". "In the Heat of the Night". And this intense  small-budget New York film directed by Sidney Lumet. Rod Steiger is "The Pawnbroker". Thematically, it sort of ties in with "The Stranger". This was the poster used to advertise the film in the U.S. military.

507px-The_Pawnbroker_(1964_film_poster_-_US_Military_distribution).jpg.9e932c6a37e2c9acbdffa11e2ac9c7c7.jpg

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Strider said:

As many great movies as he was in the 1950s, Rod Steiger also had a helluva run in the 1960s. "The Longest Day". "The Loved One". "Dr. Zhivago". "In the Heat of the Night". And this intense  small-budget New York film directed by Sidney Lumet. Rod Steiger is "The Pawnbroker". Thematically, it sort of ties in with "The Stranger". This was the poster used to advertise the film in the U.S. military.

507px-The_Pawnbroker_(1964_film_poster_-_US_Military_distribution).jpg.9e932c6a37e2c9acbdffa11e2ac9c7c7.jpg

Great movie. I watched it a while back and saw it in the theater when it first came out. Thanks for posting that. I just ordered the book.

Edited by redrum

29 minutes ago, RainbowElf said:

I saw the awful Godfather III.

We warned you.

35 minutes ago, Strider said:

We warned you.

I had seen it already just had to punish myself.

20 minutes ago, RainbowElf said:

I had seen it already just had to punish myself.

That's some punishment, all right. You're worse than the Flagellants.

Found these at the recycle store today in like new condition.

The Old Man and the Sea (1958) | Classics to read, Old things, Old menMIDNIGHT COWBOY | Jonathan Rosenbaum

On 9/20/2020 at 10:55 PM, kipper said:

flash and bang, car chase and explosion CGI filled made for the  Chinese (China) audience cluster fuck like most of Hollywood's current crap-factory shit.

Nailed it in one, Kipper! 👍 

Popped my Criterion Blu-Ray of "All About Eve" into my dvd player tonight. "All About Eve" premiered 70 years ago tonight...October 13, 1950. Bette Davis, Thelma Ritter, Anne Baxter, Celeste Holm, Marilyn Monroe, George Sanders, Gary Merrill. One of the greatest screenplays ever...so many classic quips and one-liners.

SdDSAIemjQdIjmIByE6UI1xwCbXz9C_large.thumb.jpg.2a72a742cd1fbd4c00b31f351cf44e82.jpg

Edited by Strider

12 hours ago, Strider said:

Popped my Criterion Blu-Ray of "All About Eve" into my dvd player tonight. "All About Eve" premiered 70 years ago tonight...October 13, 1950. Bette Davis, Thelma Ritter, Anne Baxter, Celeste Holm, Marilyn Monroe, George Sanders, Gary Merrill. One of the greatest screenplays ever...so many classic quips and one-liners.

SdDSAIemjQdIjmIByE6UI1xwCbXz9C_large.thumb.jpg.2a72a742cd1fbd4c00b31f351cf44e82.jpg

Bette Davis eyes. Just watched a snoozer with Jack Palance and Joan Collins.

Great Adventure, The 1975 Original Movie Still #FFF-53562 |  FFFMovieposters.com

2 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Not as compelling as the silent version, but still a good movie to watch...

MV5BNzcwMzA3OGYtYjI4Yi00MmEwLWExZjItNWQ0

I wanted to strangle the midget.

I thought the midget was very amusing, especially when he's trying to get Hercules mad about something (you're yella)....

😁