I've Been Going to the...MOOOOvies

Saw Indy 4 last night, such a disappointment.

I thought it wouldn't be too good, but I didn't expect it to be quite that bad.

The first half had promise, then as soon as they introduce that damn alien skull, it was all downhill.

The three waterfalls, the swinging with monkeys, the alien plotline all together=TOTAL SUCKFEST.

:rant:

My boyfriend paid, so I didn't lose any money, but I demand Lucas and Speilberg give me back that 2 1/2 hours of my life.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was talked into going to Indian Jones. It wasn't horrible. But some of the action scenes were just too unrealistic. If things get too unrealistic it just takes you out of the movie. Some people in the crowd were going "oh come on" because it got to be too much.

Just watched :

The Wild Bunch

The African Queen

I Have Never Forgotten You (Life Of Simon Wiesenthal)

Hell's Angels (1930) (fantastic photography)

Getting ready to watch 'Blood And Sand' with Valentino

B)

the swinging with monkeys,

That's where I lost it in the theatre. I couldn't stop laughing because it was that bad.

But the first half of the movie was classic Indy. But it does seem like Spielberg and Lucas just went with the "Close Encounters" thing and really dropped a turd on the franchise. The best part of the movie was seeing Ford do his thing, which he can still do at 65. But "Last Crusade" is still the superior closer to the series.

And there's talks of another Indy movie...oye. :o

Edited to Add: My personal belief is Spielberg has gone incredibly soft with creativity within the past decade. He still makes solid and sometimes spectacular films, but his overrall creative edge that once captivated movie goers and made you appreciate the filmmaker as someone more than just another movie director has been lost...somewhere between the gazillions of dollars he has and the Dreamworks gig. I think its just a comfort level thing, whereas when he was young with no money, there was no comfort level and he had to be very creative.

Edited by bigstickbonzo
I've been watching the orginal "Ocean's 11" and can't get Sammy Davis Jr. singing out of my head "Eee-O-11"

Sammy ruled the world in "Porgy and Bess". Why the F ain't that one aired any more? "It ain't necessarily so..."

Sammy ruled the world in "Porgy and Bess". Why the F ain't that one aired any more? "It ain't necessarily so..."

I would love that to come out on DVD. I have always wanted to see that. Dorothy Danridge is supposed to be awesome in that.

I'll bet some say it's racist. No, it's reality. It's so real, you can taste the dirt in the streets. Poor crippled Porgy gets around by having a goat pulling him on a dolly. Some parts are uplifting, and other parts are damn scary. When they bring an accused murderer to view his dead victim, the people out in the street said "If his eyes bleed, he's guilty".

Saw "Forgetting Sarah Marshall". it was pretty funny. Although it's one of these Seth rogen type movies where the lead guy is very average looking, goofy, a slob, out of shape, and yet he is banging pretty women. This doesn't happen in real life unless the guy is rich.

It is a funny movie though. Good time waster. Me and my buddies were laughing harder than we have laughed at a movie in awhile.

Saw "Forgetting Sarah Marshall". it was pretty funny. Although it's one of these Seth rogen type movies where the lead guy is very average looking, goofy, a slob, out of shape, and yet he is banging pretty women. This doesn't happen in real life unless the guy is rich.

It is a funny movie though. Good time waster. Me and my buddies were laughing harder than we have laughed at a movie in awhile.

Really? You laughed in it?

I thought it was such a yawn...

The funniest movie I ever saw was Borat. It's the only film where I have actually, literally, fallen off my chair with laughter.

Parts of Forgetting Sarah Marshall were okay. But I thought it was completely overrated. Nothing I'd see again, that's for certain.

I want to see The Strangers. Doesn't have the best reviews, but I'm curious anyway.

^ Was Blood and Sand on TV? I've been wanting to see that and The Sheik for a while now.

I watched Touchez pas au Grisbi today. It's a French gangster film from 1954 with Jean Gabin in it. He's so cool. We watched Pépé le Moko in my French class a couple of months ago (it's a really good movie, too), and I got hooked. He's got the same sort of quiet-but-dangerous demeanor as Robert De Niro, but with more charm. Now I really want to see La Grande Illusion - Gabin with Jean Renoir directing, there's a pair for you!

^ Was Blood and Sand on TV? I've been wanting to see that and The Sheik for a while now.

No, I got it at our library on DVD. Lots of extras too and his funeral was amazing with all the people.

But the film was great with great music and the sepia tone is a nice touch.

I watched Touchez pas au Grisbi today. It's a French gangster film from 1954 with Jean Gabin in it. He's so cool. We watched Pépé le Moko in my French class a couple of months ago (it's a really good movie, too), and I got hooked. He's got the same sort of quiet-but-dangerous demeanor as Robert De Niro, but with more charm. Now I really want to see La Grande Illusion - Gabin with Jean Renoir directing, there's a pair for you!

I think I prefer foreign films over most of the junk from Hollywood these days. :D

I saw Indiana Jones while in the UK (first movie I'd actually seen in a cinema for about a year), and although I didn't think it was as good as the previous ones in the series, the fact that Harrison Ford was 65 and still kicking major ass gave me the warm fuzzies. :)

Just got back from seeing Indiana Jones pretty good . I really enjoyed it hope they make another one quick before Harrison cant do it and I dont think it will be long before that time is here.