I've Been Going to the...MOOOOvies

bigstickbonzo

Agree with you on this!! And now that she's older she even looks uglier....bleah! :wacko:

Saw the movie last Thursday....

I agree she is nasty. Ever see "Ed Wood" where there is a scene when she is reading a review about her performance and the reviewer says she looks like a horse? Ya think Tim Burton was trying to tell her something? :D

Saw Gone Baby Gone on Saturday. Considering the case of Madeline McCann, I can see why it was postponed for 6 months - some aspects of the film are uncanny.

Having said that, thought it was a good film and was quite impressed with Ben Affleck's directorial debut, thought Casey Affleck was good, though I found it hard to hear what he said most of the time. Had the same problem watching Assassination of Jesse James...

But, any film that gets you thinking is always a good one...

I saw the Happening by M. Night Shamalon. I don't like scary movies, they freak me out but this was really stupid. I laughed at the movie the entire time, even the scary parts are really fake looking.

Just watched 'Punch Drunk Love'-- Adam Sandler should stick with his serious roles like this. 'Reign Over Me' was another good one by him.

The original 'Ocean's 11'

'2 Mules For Sister Sara'

'Macao' (Robert Mitchum)

'The Horse Soldiers'

Getting ready to watch:

'First Men In The Moon'

'Night Of The Iguana'

'Coogan's Bluff'

'The Yakuza'

'Kamikaze (in color)

'The American Folk Blues Festival 1962-1966'

I saw the Happening by M. Night Shamalon. I don't like scary movies, they freak me out but this was really stupid. I laughed at the movie the entire time, even the scary parts are really fake looking.

I heard there's an argument with a houseplant.

Yeah, there is and it isn't even a real plant. It's a plastic plant in a model house. Nothing in the model house is real, but they try to eat and drink anyway. It's a dumb movie. This guy gets run over by a lawn mower, and it looks really fake. Another guy gets eaten by a lion, it isn't nasty looking or anything. I think that older scary movies had better graphics. The way some of the blood sprays reminds me of the milti coloured blood in TSRTS.

Yeah, there is and it isn't even a real plant. It's a plastic plant in a model house. Nothing in the model house is real, but they try to eat and drink anyway. It's a dumb movie. This guy gets run over by a lawn mower, and it looks really fake. Another guy gets eaten by a lion, it isn't nasty looking or anything. I think that older scary movies had better graphics. The way some of the blood sprays reminds me of the milti coloured blood in TSRTS.

Some review said that scene with the plant should qualify as one of the stupidest ever :lol:

I hope you aren't talking about me, I didn't mean it in that way. I've seen some good movies lately, but none that are really really good. Across The Universe is great, one of my favourites and it's new.

Saw Get Smart the other night...it certainly has its moments of laughter but it was what I expected. ehh. Steve Carrol is stuck on playing the "awkward funnyman" in every movie now. For some actors, playing the same type of comic relief in every film works..like Bill Murray..who happens to have a hysterical cameo in this flick.

"Nobody wants to talk to a guy in a tree."