I've Been Going to the...MOOOOvies

bigstickbonzo

23 hours ago, Autumn Moon said:

Brilliant film! Watching Monsieur Trelkovsky slowly going insane is dark, unpleasant and rather disturbing, albeit funny as hell (in some moments).

It was kind of along the lines of Rosemary's Baby. Roman sure was pretty. 😄

To celebrate Jimmy Page's birthday, the New Beverly Cinema screened "The Song Remains the Same" last night at midnight. It had been several years at least since I had seen it in a theatre, and this was for sure the first time seeing it stone cold sober. Did not even have so much as a beer beforehand.

"The Song Remains the Same" is pretty much indefensible as a film. But as a time capsule it is priceless.

led-zeppelin-the-song-remains-the-same-original-movie-poster-buy-now-at-starstills__59338.1568912037.thumb.jpg.3143676ad930fba419a15248584eead6.jpg

271543355_10157855894530904_7856509488186584400_n.thumb.jpg.8932f982f7e510b0690731a814cf90ae.jpg

Just watched Wrath Of Man with Jason Statham

You know how a bad soundtrack can ruin a good movie and how a great soundtrack can save a crappy one??

Well, this movie is nothing new same ole Jason, shoot em up, beatings, murder, death but the soundtrack!!! really great incidental music that I can only describe as main riff from jaws on steroids and then warped to create a tense, dark and brooding atmosphere driven by a strange percussion that feels almost martial at times but never gets to fast that kept me interested in something I have seen a thousand times.

download.jpg.bdbc3b627fd4062ed97fa8f5918911e2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Recently watched the Howlin Wolf doc that's up on Amazon. It's fantastic. He does a nice version of "Going Down Slow" on it. He also did a fantastic version of "Rollin and Tumblin" written with new lyrics and now called "Down in the Bottom". That one really got my attention, as I'm a massive Beefheart fan (and am pretty sure the only Beefheart fan on the forum lol). Beefheart's first song from his first album i a reworked and sped up "Rollin and Tumblin". He adopted the wolf's entire stage manner, along with the voice. Beefheart was an original but at the same time stuck with the wanna-be wolf stage persona throughout his entire career which is fascinating to me.  

"The Last Picture Show"

I don't think I've watched this since I was a teenager.  It was worth it just to see certain members of the cast in their youth.  I didn't even recognize Randy Quaid until the credits.  Great performance by Cloris Leachman.