I've Been Going to the...MOOOOvies

bigstickbonzo

1 hour ago, ScarletMacaw said:

Recent films I liked: "Nope", "She Said," "Banshees of Inisherin." 

"Top Gun Maverick" was boring and I couldn't sit through "Everything Everywhere all at Once." 

Yet look at what got nominated for Oscars....

I am so far behind on the films of 2022. Not counting documentaries and music films, these are the only 2022 films I have seen:

"The Banshees of Inisherin". "Decision to Leave". "Bardo, False Chronicle of a Handful of Truths". "RRR". "Everything Everywhere All at Once". "Top Gun: Maverick". "Elvis". "EO". "Peter von Kant". "The Menu". "Glass Onion". "Blonde".

"Banshees", "Decision to Leave", and "Bardo" were the best of that bunch.

Ones that I am trying to catch up on: "The Fabelmans", "Triangle of Sadness", "Tar", "Babylon", "Nope", "All Quiet on the Western Front", "Women Talking", "The Whale", "Argentina 1985", "Close", "The Quiet Girl", and "Pinocchio".

"Midsommer".  Suicide leaps, Head-bashing, secret potions, & frumpy clothes.  Gosh I'm awful happy I don't pay to see this crap at the movies.  

"Ford vs. Ferrari".  My kind of flick.  Watching Hank the Deuce's approach to auto racing made me think of the Lions.  His brother tried to run his sports team the same way for years.  Loyalty instead of talent.

Sin City movies, and both "Now You See Me" movies.  Enjoyed all four.  I'll come up to this decade eventually. 

Sodom & Gomorrah - Better to be killed by falling buildings as opposed to being roasted alive on a human spit.  Party's over.... they stopped screaming. 

• 3 weeks later...

"Witness For the Prosecution" - A classic I hadn't seen in so long that I forgot the ending.  Very enjoyable and unplanned watch. Marlene Dietrich rocks!  

"Lost Horizon" - Restored with missing scenes and in 4k black & white.  While watching, I couldn't help but think about that rotten remake from '73, or that this flick is now 86 years old.  

12 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

"Witness For the Prosecution" - A classic I hadn't seen in so long that I forgot the ending.  Very enjoyable and unplanned watch. Marlene Dietrich rocks!  

"Lost Horizon" - Restored with missing scenes and in 4k black & white.  While watching, I couldn't help but think about that rotten remake from '73, or that this flick is now 86 years old.  

Classics. 

I'm on a Clint binge. 

Outlaw Josey Wales

Good, Bad & The Ugly

Escape From Alcatraz

The Enforcer

etc.........