I've Been Going to the...MOOOOvies

bigstickbonzo

• 2 weeks later...
They are showing "Live Aid 1985" on VH1 Classic right now.

Will they show Plant/Page/Jones clip? Hope so!

I have the entire broadcast on vhs as well as all the other vh1/mtv concerts from back in the day, been meaning to transfer them to dvd :slapface:

I have the entire broadcast on vhs as well as all the other vh1/mtv concerts from back in the day, been meaning to transfer them to dvd :slapface:

Lucky You!

I wonder why VH1 Classic will not show the Zep appearance?

Maybe the band (Jimmy) doesn't want the sub-par performance shown and will not grant permission.

Lucky You!

Maybe the band (Jimmy) doesn't want the sub-par performance shown and will not grant permission.

They didn't allow their performance to be on the dvd that was released but instead donated profits from the Unledded dvd to Live Aid.

Lucky You!

Could be or just the current vh1 management saw fit to cut that segment due to time constraints.

I bought the DVD of the Freddy Mercury Tribute and the only footage included of the other bands were when they actually played with Queen.

Same with the 9/11 concert, segments were cut for the DVD. Like when the fireman told

Bin Laden to kiss his ass LOL.

Could be or just the current vh1 management saw fit to cut that segment due to time constraints.

For years Bob Geldof said he would never make footage of the Live Aid concerts commercially available. When he finally did the surviving members of Led Zeppelin would not allow them to include footage of their performance. The DVD version is what VH1 Classic shows every time they air Live Aid.

Dang I meant to watch that as I missed it in the movie theater.

Like everything on cable I'm sure they'll show it many more times. Not to mention it's well worth the investment on DVD. It's going for a whopping $12.99 through Amazon and is worth it for the bonus features alone (which includes Neil and his bandmates being interviewed while tooling around Nashville in a chaufeurred Cadillac).

Like everything on cable I'm sure they'll show it many more times. Not to mention it's well worth the investment on DVD. It's going for a whopping $12.99 through Amazon and is worth it for the bonus features alone (which includes Neil and his bandmates being interviewed while tooling around Nashville in a chaufeurred Cadillac).

That's pretty well a guarantee for VH1 Classic. I'll keep an eye out for a reairing. I think one of my PBS stations sometimes shows it too, during pledge drive.

I saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button starring Brad Pitt. I went because i had heard good things about it and because it has got Golden Globe Nominations.

I have to say i was dissappointed. It's 3 hours of romance, Forrest Gump like storytelling with lots of nice camera angles to show off how good looking Brad is. And there is some bad acting by Kate Blanchett.

The only thing i liked about it is the story of how he is born as a old guy and how he ages in reverse. That is done well with makeup and cgi.

But overall it's a very long chick flick.

These days I watched 'Nightmare before Christmas', 'It's a wonderful life', 'A Christmas Story', 'The Shining', 'Taxi Driver', 'The Number 23', 'Raging Bull' and now I've just finished watching 'Captain Blood', a pirate-movie from 1935 with Errol Flynn.