I've Been Going to the...MOOOOvies

bigstickbonzo

My 2 older kids saw Harry Potter last night and were a bit underwhelmed, although they haven't read the 6th book. I still haven't seen it yet but hopefully will this week.

I watched "Annie" with my youngest for the first time ever last night; I enjoyed it a lot. I didn't realize Carol Burnett and (my favorite) Tim Curry were in it! :)

Saw ""Public Enemies" tonight. After reading some lukewarm reviews, it was better than I expected. But that's life - managing expectations...

How is Johnny as a gangster? I have been wondering about that.

saw "Public Enemies"..It was really well done, but didn't grab me like I expected it would. Oh well, I HAD to look at Johnny Depp for an hour and a half *sigh*.

Also saw "Cadillac Records", the Leonard Chess story. Pretty good. Great music.

Well, you're asking a very biased woman because he could read the phone book and I'd be enthralled, but he was very good. The acting was excellent throughout by just about everyone but like the poster above me said, the movie was a little bit flat, perhaps too understated and subtle.

For people who know about these things and saw this movie, did anyone notice that once the hand-held camera sequences began it seemed as if a different type of film was used? I found that really distracting, and was wondering whether that's a necessity for those kinds of shots? I don't recall Traffic's hand held sequences using a different looking film. I don't get the point of it...thanks :)

Hi aen!

As you could tell by my previous post in this thread, I LOVED this movie!!!!!!!!! And Johnny was GREAT as a bank robber (Dillinger was not a gangster--he was a bank robber). But then again, I have never seen anything he did where his acting is anything less thsn stellar...even when i hated the movie itself (<-- can you say "Sweeny Todd"?!? :o:D ). ALl the acting was good as I had said--Christian Bale was amazing, too!

Again I have to say---LOVEd this movie and am thinking of seeing it again before it leaves the theaters! :)

Sharon

I went to see Harry Potter today. It was good overall. It was long though. And there were a couple of points when it was a little slow but, it still held my attention. There are some pretty cool effects. And a moment or two that tug at the ole heart. I just keep thinkin poor Ron. The most bizarre things happen to him lol. But, ya basically, it's a good movie :).

Well, you're asking a very biased woman because he could read the phone book and I'd be enthralled, but he was very good. The acting was excellent throughout by just about everyone but like the poster above me said, the movie was a little bit flat, perhaps too understated and subtle.

For people who know about these things and saw this movie, did anyone notice that once the hand-held camera sequences began it seemed as if a different type of film was used? I found that really distracting, and was wondering whether that's a necessity for those kinds of shots? I don't recall Traffic's hand held sequences using a different looking film. I don't get the point of it...thanks :)

Thank you Patrycia and SourceNRG! I love him too. Thank you for straightening that.

Edited by aen27

Watched "Knowing" with Nick Cage last night. Worst movie I've ever stayed awake for. Predictions and aliens again, totally lame...

Thats the same thing my mom and dad said. They said it was a waste of there time and money and that it was completly stupid by the middle.

I think the last movie I saw was parts of Wayne's World (I love the 2 movies :thumbsup: )

Thats the same thing my mom and dad said. They said it was a waste of there time and money and that it was completly stupid by the middle.

I think the last movie I saw was parts of Wayne's World (I love the 2 movies :thumbsup: )

I can enjoy a movie for it's stupidity, if that's the intention of the plot. "Dumb and Dumber" was a masterpiece, in that regard. And the jokes in Waynes World (like Baberaham Lincoln and assphincter says what) are more clever than aliens being involved in the climax of a supposed suspense movie. "The Abbyse" was a great suspense movie, until underwater aliens were introduced...

I can enjoy a movie for it's stupidity, if that's the intention of the plot. "Dumb and Dumber" was a masterpiece, in that regard. And the jokes in Waynes World (like Baberaham Lincoln and assphincter says what) are more clever than aliens being involved in the climax of a supposed suspense movie. "The Abbyse" was a great suspense movie, until underwater aliens were introduced...

Agreed. Wayne's World is just the most amazing movie ever made in my opinion. I really don't like movies about aliens or apocalyptic events <_<

I watched "Prom Night" two nights ago. It was a complete waste of time. It had literally no redeemable qualities. There was no suspense, nothing even remotely scary, and there isn't even gratuitous violence to make up for the lack of the two. I then watched "Step Brothers" with my grandparents, which is a great comedy. It's way more quotable than Superbad, Knocked Up or other modern comedies.

I don't mind silly movies sometimes but I thought Dumb and Dumber was one of the worst I'd ever seen :o It was 2 hours I lost forever :lol:

I don't mind silly movies sometimes but I thought Dumb and Dumber was one of the worst I'd ever seen :o It was 2 hours I lost forever :lol:

Aaaaawww, c'mon! Not even the scene when they peed in the empty beer bottles, and the trooper stopped them and demanded "Gimme that booze, you pumpkin pie hair cutted freak!" ???

Aaaaawww, c'mon! Not even the scene when they peed in the empty beer bottles, and the trooper stopped them and demanded "Gimme that booze, you pumpkin pie hair cutted freak!" ???

:lol: Sorry mate :console: Didn't groove on it t'all!

Now Planes, Trains and Automobiles..... :D

Those aren't pillows....how 'bout the Bears this season :D

Last Year At Marimbad -Alain Renisis -1961- The new criterion DVD.

I love it. I had never seen it before. It is so interesting. I love the ornate hotel too and the organ music soundtrack under the voice over of the guy. Delfine Seyrig reminds me across between Diane Baker and Cyd Charrisse.

Edited by aen27

"I can't stop once I've started - it stings."

I love that film. Back in the '90's the Farrelly Brothers were on fire - King Pin; Something About Mary; Dumb And Dumber; Me, Myself and Irene. And Jim Carey has got to be one of the funniest guys of our generation. I've loved him since Ace Ventura.

Edited by longdistancewinner