I've Been Going to the...MOOOOvies

bigstickbonzo

Just saw Taking Woodstock, it was good. I loved the theater group who lived in his barn haha. At the end, i just felt like it was missing something though :/

Like maybe seeing at least a glimpse of the concert itself?

51BGr-NHGML._SL500_AA240_.jpg41IQsUzz6HL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Believe it or not, I've never seen Iron Man. For an action flick it lived up to all the praise friends have given it. I enjoyed Man On Wire but my fellow viewers were asleep within the first 10 minutes.

I saw that when it first came out. I enjoyed it though it's been years since I've seen it.

Folks have been recommending it to me for years. I noticed it was on AMC or TBS last week but I passed on watching it since I had the DVD. Last night seemed as good an evening as any to finally give it a shot.

I watched "Up" today at the movies.

I liked it a lot. But for me the most special thing was to see the landscape that they recreated on that animation....it's a tepui, and the inspiration for the film is the tepui (table mountain) between Brazil and Venezuela, the Mount Roraima. It's very, very similar to Chapada Diamantina, in Bahia, one of my (and Jimmy Page's ;) ) favorite places on earth. Now I HAVE to go to Roraima mountain. ;)

But if I never manage it, Chapada will do well too. :D :D :D;)

51FBYwsA-pL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Having never seen this back when it first came out (1980) I snatched up a copy of it at Big Lots a year or so ago but never got around to watching it until this week. Yes, it's pretty horrible but it also has it's moments (unintentional and otherwise), including Blondie's rendition of Ring of Fire. Way back when, a local club I used to frequent in Goldsboro, NC got the inspiration for their name from this movie, "Roadies: Where Bands Make it Rock, Roadies Makes It Roll". As a music fan I also found it particularly interesting because of the time period it captures. One when New Wave and Punk were starting to enter the mainstream. You also get some vintage Hank Williams, Jr. I've never really been much of a fan but I did enjoy his performances in this movie.

Edited by Jahfin

Saw The Informant today.

How's it going "Cletus?" I hope all is well with you. How's the bottle been treating you? The bottle's been treating me real good lately along with some other very helpful medications. Ha Ha! Like the saying goes, SHIT HAPPENS! Ha Ha! Have a great day and ROCK ON!

How's it going "Cletus?" I hope all is well with you. How's the bottle been treating you? The bottle's been treating me real good lately along with some other very helpful medications. Ha Ha! Like the saying goes, SHIT HAPPENS! Ha Ha! Have a great day and ROCK ON!

Hi ZeppFanForever. I'm doing great. I've been taking it a easy on the bottle lately. Although last friday I did get a little tipsy. :drunk:

I saw 'Extract' the other day. It was an obvious low budget flick, but it works. Funny as hell too. It has some great work stereotypes that will crack you up. Kinda reminded me of a mild "Hangover".

They are filming the remake of "Red Dawn" about a mile from my house. They filmed a major scene with a plane crashing into a building...cool as hell ! It was the first time I ever got near an actual film crew in action. (I'm on vacation for 3 weeks....and writing this from Baraga in the Upper Peninaula....God's country !)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...