I've Been Going to the...MOOOOvies

bigstickbonzo

• 3 weeks later...

My daughter brought home THE HANGOVER and we watched it tonight. OMG, what a crazy ass movie. :o What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

:chickeddance::drunk::rollin::baby::buttsmack::3stooges:

Good thing we watched it tonight instead of last night when I was watching the grandkids. Totally inappropriate for young kids.

• 2 months later...

the people that wrote "Agent Cody Banks" are writing the film, totally not seeing it

lol well Goldman and Vaughn have worked together before so I guess there's a familiarity, but I agree, it's not like the previous work sets the fans on fire. I do see your point, it's not exactly encouraging. For whatever reasons, they changed the writers for Iron Man II and it wasn't as good as the first one. Still, these writers for First Class are 'reworking' the script, so hopefully theirs will get reworked by Akiva Goldsman or somebody. They do seem to be pushing it through quickly though; they better not screw it up. Singer is still producing - encouraging in itself (I hope).

• 3 weeks later...

Watched Shutter Island with Leonardo DiCaprio the other night. Didn't think I would like it but it turns out to be a thriller with a bizarre twist in the end and I did like it. Some weird stuff in it and when you find out the end some of the scenes made sense. Will have to watch it again sometime and pay attention to some of the detail.

We just watched 'Alice In Wonderland'

It was a great sleeping pill.

zzz.gif

Lets be honest. For every good movie that comes out there are 50 that are pure junk!! Garbage!! No good acting anymore. Just technical special effects. And they pump out the garbage so fast you can't keep up. Hollywood has slipped in my opinion. And I don't like how they put unknown's up as the lead actor and established stars of yesteryear as the support or "draw/decoy" to get people to watch the movie. If you are going to make it, earn it. Work your way up from the bottom. Take Nicholas Cage for an example. Had alot of small roles before he got his shot at leading roles. Why all of a sudden do they try and glorify unknown actors and actress's. thumbdown.gif

Lets be honest. For every good movie that comes out there are 50 that are pure junk!! Garbage!! No good acting anymore. Just technical special effects. And they pump out the garbage so fast you can't keep up. Hollywood has slipped in my opinion. And I don't like how they put unknown's up as the lead actor and established stars of yesteryear as the support or "draw/decoy" to get people to watch the movie. If you are going to make it, earn it. Work your way up from the bottom. Take Nicholas Cage for an example. Had alot of small roles before he got his shot at leading roles. Why all of a sudden do they try and glorify unknown actors and actress's. thumbdown.gif

Bravo!

:notworthy:

• 4 weeks later...

I recently saw "Inception" with my sons. I thought that it was a really good movie. The plot was complex and I found it to be rather intriguing. The acting and directing were well done. I really like Christopher Nolan's films. He likes to use alot of the same actors: Michael Caine, Cillian Murphy, and Ken Watanabe are a few of Nolan's favorites who were in this movie.

If anyone has the chance to see the movie, pay particular attention to the Leonardo DiCaprio character's wedding ring. It seems to have some un-named significance to the plot. And I really liked the ending.

Has anyone else seen this movie yet? And what did you think of it?

Edited by BUCK'EYE' DOC

• 2 weeks later...

I recently saw "Inception" with my sons. I thought that it was a really good movie. The plot was complex and I found it to be rather intriguing. The acting and directing were well done. I really like Christopher Nolan's films. He likes to use alot of the same actors: Michael Caine, Cillian Murphy, and Ken Watanabe are a few of Nolan's favorites who were in this movie.

If anyone has the chance to see the movie, pay particular attention to the Leonardo DiCaprio character's wedding ring. It seems to have some un-named significance to the plot. And I really liked the ending.

Has anyone else seen this movie yet? And what did you think of it?

Agreed with everything you said. I saw it and loved it, and I need to see it again. Missed some plot points because I was a bit hypnotized by the visuals. I think I have it figured out, but now this mention of the wedding ring has added another layer. It's hard to talk about without giving the plot away, but needless to say the performances were very good and the visuals spectacular. I just found out that if stay long enough for the credits to end, it may affect your perception of what you watched. Look up the name Ariadne if you're not familiar with it. And pay attention to the totems.

I also saw "Salt" which was pretty good. Kind of like a female version of the Bourne series (complete with an ending tailor-made for a sequel). Nice balance of action and plot, if a little heavy on the gratuitous close-ups of Angie's face. Can you see the chiseled emotion?? How about now???

Watched "You Don't Know Jack" on DVD, about Kevorkian, starring Pacino. Excellent performance. He may ham it up in bigger movies, but he makes up for it with subtle, nuanced, layered performances in smaller projects. Wonderful supporting cast. Humanizes a difficult subject that polarizes people (usually on religious/political fronts).

The last movie I saw was "Inglorious Basterds"...I saw it with my mom on TV! What a hilarious movie about such a "sensitive" topic! The Nazis sure got it good! The basterds were such a brave group! Loved it when they "scalped" Nazi officers! Hilarious! Also loved the scene where the theatre just exploded killing Hitler and all his cronies in a most beautiful way! Ha!:D This is by far my favourite Quentin Tarantino movie! :D Also, a truly flawless performance by Brad Pitt! :)

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Hard to tell if you are being sarcastic or you are agreeing with some of what I said? I just don't know Mr Redrum?

I'm agreeing with you 100% on the crap Hollywood puts out these days. . :)

I just watched Patton again and his speech at the beginning was great:

'We are advancing constantly and we're not interested in holding onto anything except the enemy. We're going to hold him by the nose and we're going to kick him in the ass. We're going to kick the hell out of him all the time and we're going to go through him like crap through a goose!'

:D

• 4 weeks later...

Watched "Green Zone" and "Chloe".

GZ deals with the WMD issue in Iraq - do they or don't they?? - that prompted the war. Matt Damon stars as the soldier who uncovers the lies but in the end the war must go on and it does. Lots of action and subplots weaved nicely together by director Paul Greengrass of the Bourne series fame so it's not all just mindless blowups. Not for those who like an arch or change at the end, though.

"Chloe" deals with a wife who suspects her husband of cheating and hires a call girl to tempt him. Temptations ensue and abound. It's a beautifully made movie by director Atom Egoyan that can sometimes lull you a little from the growing desperation of the characters. Very nicely paced and the plot is presented in such a way that makes the twist unpredictable. Characters have a lot of breathing room, if I can put it that way, to show the depth of their angst and layer out intentions. As cheesy as it sounds, it's cool to see all the different places throughout Toronto where it was filmed. Excellent performances by Liam Neeson, Julianne Moore and Amanda Seyfried.

I'm agreeing with you 100% on the crap Hollywood puts out these days. . :)

I just watched Patton again and his speech at the beginning was great:

'We are advancing constantly and we're not interested in holding onto anything except the enemy. We're going to hold him by the nose and we're going to kick him in the ass. We're going to kick the hell out of him all the time and we're going to go through him like crap through a goose!'

:D

The Military Channel has started showing war movies, I was channel surfing the other day and ended up watching "The Train" with Bert Lancaster, not a bad flick really.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059825/