I've Been Going to the...MOOOOvies

bigstickbonzo

51ehCEHI3AL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Subculture of skinheads in the 80's set in England a bit after the Falklands War with Argentina. Good interesting film.

entrenos_bigposter.jpg

Good follows this Colombian immigrant in New York City who has to find a way to make money fast in a place she's unfamiliar with after her husband leaves her.

Edited by Rock N' Rollin' Man

I guess it says a lot about the state of Hollyweird when some of the movies I've enjoyed most recently have come out of Pixar Studios.

Jahfin I recommend these movies if you're tired of the Hollywood same old. Fairly recent films that I think are very good.

Moon

The Proposition

Into the Wild

Children of Men

Valhalla Rising

Amores Perros

Gomorrah

The Road ( I think you mentioned you saw this)

Fish Tank

Che

Let The Right One In

Jahfin I recommend these movies if you're tired of the Hollywood same old. Fairly recent films that I think are very good.

Moon

The Proposition

Into the Wild

Children of Men

Valhalla Rising

Amores Perros

Gomorrah

The Road ( I think you mentioned you saw this)

Fish Tank

Che

Let The Right One In

Thanks. I've seen The Proposition and yeah, I also recently rented The Road. Unfortunately, most of my choices are limited to Redbox's selections. That is, until I sign up for something like Netflix. Usually I go out in search of a specific movie I want to see but as I mentioned, since Redbox rentals are only $1 I know find myself choosing from what they have to offer.

Latest rentals:

51E77zo1pKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I had NO idea what I was getting into here. Goes to show you should always read the product description before renting.

51GmMEUiSBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I was very pleasantly surprised by this one and enjoyed it a great deal.

51tc0K%2BAq7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Absolute shit. I have no one to blame but myself on this because I did read the product description beforehand. That should have been a dead giveaway. Not to mention the Rob Schneider factor itself.

51qbg0thJEL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I made it right up to the scene where he slips and gets trapped by the rock. Then I promptly ejected it from my DVD player. No can watch.

You coward! :P Only kidding, it wouldn't even make it into my DVD player.

I watched this last night. An interesting time in Britain's political history, and a decent soundtrack too.

watch-made-in-dagenham-online1.jpg

Too many re-makes of classic movies and sequels where the first film was already bad.

I think the first two or three Apes movies were great but started to get pretty weak after that. The first one is a highly regarded classic. I've seen it more times than I can remember but I still love it. The Tim Burton version had it's moments but the ending had nowhere near the same impact as the original.

Orphan (2009)

Had a lot of flaws but overall I liked it. The girl who played Esther did a great job at that role. By the way, Transylvania is a part of Romania, not Russia.

Vacas (1992)

About the rivalry between two families from 1870 (Carlist War) up to 1936 (Spanish Civil War). The title translates to cows a bit confusing as to what the cows have to do with anything. But the camera takes shots at the cow seemingly careless in its gaze and at one point the camera takes up the vantage point as if it was peering at the world around it. And what does it see war, bloodshed, etc. Also how how history repeats itself. Great film highly recommended. Only problem was the transfer to dvd wasn't as good as I would have liked it to be and the subtitles from Spanish to English were a bit wrong at times.

Night of the Hunted (La Nuit des Traquées) (1980)

First film I've seen by Jean Rollin and liked it. Good plot characters. Disliked the fact that it had a 15 minute sex scene I mean really there was no reason for it to be that long and again the transfer to DVD wasn't very good. I'm now interested in seeing Fascination and Grapes of Death not sure about other films by Jean Rollin.

51AlDGKfSaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Had I known beforehand that this was shot from the perspective of someone filming using a camcorder I probably wouldn't have rented it. That said, I did enjoy it and the camcorder aspect added a certain realism to the the movie that couldn't have been achieved otherwise.