I've Been Going to the...MOOOOvies

bigstickbonzo

:mad:

Make it happen, Mandy.

I did. Today.

llast month came Sherek 3th,oh my God, The imigrant song,in this film I don´t belive...it´s terrible...

And when I wachted school of rock with jack black ,the immigrant song had but the film had implore to led zeppelin let the music into the film and the film is as better than sherek.

Seriously? I didn't think the song itself was performed well, but oh geez! I laughed my ass off when I saw that part!

I saw I Am Legend tonight. We saw it on an IMAX screen, and I just want to warn everyone, if you go see it, don't sit close. I literally got motion sickness. I was all sweaty, and I thought I had a fever. I had to go and sit in the bathroom for a few minutes, and I thought I was going to upchuck! I thought it was the Fudruckers for dinner, but I didn't overeat or anything...I just had motion sickness, (I've only had motion sickness once before..when my aunt got lost on the freeway outside San Jose when I was like 8, and we literally kept looping around and around and around...).

I read The Stand a long time ago. I don't remember much of it. Perhaps it's supposed to be an allusion to The Stand... sounds better than a rip-off? :P

I thought it was a good movie anyway. I just strongly caution that people make sure they don't sit close to the screen! :lol:

I watched Close Encounters of the Third Kind the other night; I'd never seen it before. Awesome movie! I now totally love Richard Dreyfuss, hehe. I really liked the part where he's talking about Pinocchio and trying to explain why it holds so much significance for him, and how it ties in with his longing for that same sort of transcendental type of "magic" in his life. Good theme. I think this is one of my new favorite movies.

I watched Close Encounters of the Third Kind the other night; I'd never seen it before. Awesome movie! I now totally love Richard Dreyfuss, hehe. I really liked the part where he's talking about Pinocchio and trying to explain why it holds so much significance for him, and how it ties in with his longing for that same sort of transcendental type of "magic" in his life. Good theme. I think this is one of my new favorite movies.

Eventhough editor Verna Fields is credited for making Jaws the visual masterpiece that it is, I'd have to say Close Encounters is Spielberg's best movie behind Jaws. Not only is it visually striking and has one of the creepiest scenes ever filmed (the abduction), Spielberg wrote the whole script himself, backwards. And yes, Dreyfuss is the fucken man in that film.

Eventhough editor Verna Fields is credited for making Jaws the visual masterpiece that it is, I'd have to say Close Encounters is Spielberg's best movie behind Jaws. Not only is it visually striking and has one of the creepiest scenes ever filmed (the abduction), Spielberg wrote the whole script himself, backwards. And yes, Dreyfuss is the fucken man in that film.

I am so behind on Spielberg...I've never seen Jaws before, either. I didn't see E.T. until a year or two ago...where have I been? Jaws is going right into my Netflix queue, though.

Whoa, yeah, the abduction was freaky! The vacuum scared me the most, lol. I love how it and the whole movie is sort of creepy yet funny at the same time. The vacuum's roaring around and the washing machine's going ballistic, but then the record player starts playing this sort of dorky song that puts me in mind of Mars Attacks. And the part where he's chucking all the plants through the window is classic. His wife is having a nervous breakdown because she thinks he's lost his mind, meanwhile the kid is asking if he's putting the shrub through the window correctly. :lol:

What do you guys think about The doors 9the movie)by Oliver Stone?

I know a lot of folks are highly critical of it but I enjoyed it myself. If nothing else Val Kilmer's portrayal of Morrison on stage is uncanny at best. He really went to great lengths as an actor to get all of his moves down. I saw the deluxe version on sale recently for $5 and wasted no time snatching it up.

As for Rock Star (which I know you didn't ask about but I saw it mentioned several posts back), it has to be one of the worst, most cliched movies I've ever seen about rock n' roll. The anti-Almost Famous if ever there was one.

walk_hard-1.jpg

Actually saw this over the holidays and enjoyed it much more than I anticipated.

without_a_paddle_verdvd.jpg

I don't recall hearing of this one before but it was good for a few laughs.

That movie Bombed Hard. It could barely make 10 million. And that poster didn't help. Joh C Reilly can't draw people to the movies on his own. He is too unappealing.

Saw Juno this weekend, loved it.

Really?, i wouldn't think a guy would like it. The movie is anti male for the most part. All the guys are either portrayed as selfish and immature (Jason Bateman) or just a wimp (Michael Cera). The writer seems to have a real hate on for men.

Edited by spats

Huh? Did you watch the movie? Why? I'm not interested in it myself :lol:

I got a free pass to it. I would not have paid to see it. 95% of the audience were women and they were all "awwww" ing and by the end some were crying. It was too much to stomach.lol

That movie Bombed Hard. It could barely make 10 million. And that poster didn't help. Joh C Reilly can't draw people to the movies on his own. He is too unappealing.

To each their own, I don't go to movies based on the poster. In fact, I don't think I'd even seen that one until I Googled it for this thread. As for sales figures, I never have given a shit about those either. Like music, there's plenty of very good movies out there that didn't necessarily do well at the box office. Just because they didn't break records doesn't mean they sucked. Look at what sells in music these days for a prime example. If Britney Spears (or whoever) sells 10 million albums that doesn't somehow guarantee the music will be good. I went to Walk Hard expecting a parody of practically every music bio ever filmed and that's pretty much what I got. I enjoyed it myself.