I've Been Going to the...MOOOOvies

bigstickbonzo

^^^

You got that right, jb.

Haha Ady, I'll take your word for it. But you deserve a medal if you can sit through this piece of schlock that Hollywood just vomited upon the public:

"Bigfoot: The Lost Coast Tapes".

Just reserved it at LoveFilm, I'll let you know! ;)

Ady, this is one of the very very few "found-footage" type movies I liked. You should check it out.

"[REC]" It's a Spanish film from 2007.

I've seen it. :) One of my favourite horrors of recent years.

Anybody going to see "Cloud Atlas"?

I hadn't even heard about this movie until a couple of weeks ago, when I saw the trailer three times before the movies "Argo", "Taken 2" and "Seven Psychopaths". Then there was this article in the Sunday L.A. Times that same weekend.

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-72834995/

A bit crowded having three directors on one film. I was beginning to wonder what happened to the "Run Lola Run!" dude...and I had no idea that one of the Matrix guys had a sex change! :o

Seeing the trailer, it definitely looks like it could either be a wild trip or an utter train wreck. It's adapted from a popular British novel that I never read...anybody here read it?

It opens today.

Edited by Strider

Good story,did the hair piece look good?

You mean Affleck? He looks hot as hell in this movie.

But, I now have a crush on Alan Arkin who was brilliant in this film. ;)

And I was struck by the fact that today is the 33rd anniversary of the events at American Embassy in Iran.

Edited by planted

I can second planted's recommendation on "Argo". One of the best movies I've seen this year and I have to tip my hat to Ben Affleck. After writing him off as an actor lately(Daredevil anyone? Gigli?), he has really shown himself to be an effective director.

"Argo" illuminates a little known slice of the Iranian Hostage Crisis...and the entire cast knocks it out of the park. Affleck, Alan Arkin, John Goodman, everybody.

And unlike some of the other movies I recommend..."Seven Psychopaths", "The Skin I Live In", "Lawless"...there's nothing that would offend anybody with sensitive natures regarding violence. In other words, you can take the kids if they're 12 or over.

Ady, you've been watching a lot of movies lately, which suggests lots of free time. Are you okay? How's the back?

:) I'm good thanks, Strider. I like to try and make the most of my LoveFilm account and Sky Movies when I can. I work nights so there's always time to watch a film in the afternoons.

My back is not too bad at the moment, touch wood!

170671-large.jpg

"Not since Seven has a deadly sin been this terrifying."

Ha ha, it's nowhere near as good as "Seven" !

^^^

Good to know, Ady.

Got bored with election news, so I went to see the matinee at the museum: "The Caine Mutiny" with Humphrey Bogart, Van Johnson, Fred MacMurray, and José Ferrer. Bogart is great, as usual, as Captain Queeg. Fred MacMurray's character reminded me of both Romney and Ryan.

Anyway, a great way to spend a couple hours and a great escape from the chattering boobs on TV.