I've Been Going to the...MOOOOvies

bigstickbonzo

How do you think they were portrayed well??

Well, let's see, Michael Cera was portrayed as a good guy, and he got Juno in the end because he appreciated her, as her dad said "for exactly who she is", and she dug him for who he was. It all worked out. How can you think he was portrayed badly?

And yes, Jason Bateman wasn't ready for kids and left his wife. Does that make the whole movie "anti-male"? Hardly, you're being paranoid.

Well, let's see, Michael Cera was portrayed as a good guy, and he got Juno in the end because he appreciated her, as her dad said "for exactly who she is", and she dug him for who he was. It all worked out. How can you think he was portrayed badly?

And yes, Jason Bateman wasn't ready for kids and left his wife. Does that make the whole movie "anti-male"? Hardly, you're being paranoid.

Cera is portrayed badly because he is portrayed as a wimp. When he tells her she is beautiful it's like he is about to cry. I wanted to puke. And Juno treats him badly thoughout most of the movie and he puts up with it. A guy with balls wouldn't have put up with her crap and would have told her to take a hike.

I actually liked Jason Bateman's character. I didn't think he was a bad guy but the movie was portraying him as one.

Edited by spats

Cera is portrayed badly because he is portrayed as a wimp. When he tells her she is beautiful it's like he is about to cry. I wanted to puke. And Juno treats him badly thoughout most of the movie and he puts up with it. A guy with balls wouldn't have put up with her crap and would have told her to take a hike.

I actually liked Jason Bateman's character. I didn't think he was a bad guy but the movie was portraying him as one.

I don't think he was portrayed as a wimp at all. Not everyone in the world is super confident, especially in high school. Many teens deal with a lot of insecurities and I think his character was very real.

Jason Bateman's character wasn't portrayed as the bad guy either. Again, I felt it was a situation that can and does happen in real life.

Oh well. I liked the movie :rolleyes:

You're an idiot.

I don't think he was portrayed as a wimp at all. Not everyone in the world is super confident, especially in high school. Many teens deal with a lot of insecurities and I think his character was very real.

Jason Bateman's character wasn't portrayed as the bad guy either. Again, I felt it was a situation that can and does happen in real life.

Oh well. I liked the movie :rolleyes:

I agree that teenage boys have their insecurities. Trust me, i remember clearly some of my bad times as a teenager. They still stick with me now. But Cera was too much of a sissy in this movie.

The only thing i didn't like about Bateman's character is that he is whipped. Even Juno points this out when Bateman tells her that his wife "allows" him to have his own room for his music stuff. Allows him! Not good.

Edited by spats

And Juno treats him badly thoughout most of the movie and he puts up with it. A guy with balls wouldn't have put up with her crap and would have told her to take a hike.

So because he was nice to the MOTHER OF HIS CHILD, and didn't tell the girl he got pregnant to take a hike when she got hormonal on him, he didn't have balls huh? Like I said, you're an idiot.

So because he was nice to the MOTHER OF HIS CHILD, and didn't tell the girl he got pregnant to take a hike when she got hormonal on him, he didn't have balls huh? Like I said, you're an idiot.

Seconded! I weep for the woman who ever ended up pregnant off of Spats. I have a feeling he wouldn't be making any midnight trips to the corner store.

:rolleyes:

Cera is portrayed badly because he is portrayed as a wimp. When he tells her she is beautiful it's like he is about to cry. I wanted to puke.

It's called LOVE, Spats. Although it comes as a suprise to know one that you didn't know that. You wouldn't know love if it hit you in the face with a brick. If you want to know why you can't find love, it's because it makes you want to puke.

And Juno treats him badly thoughout most of the movie and he puts up with it. A guy with balls wouldn't have put up with her crap and would have told her to take a hike.

Tell your pregnant girlfriend to "take a hike?" :rolleyes: That statement is either born out of staggerening ignorance and immaturity or is calculated to piss people off.

So which are you, Spats? An idiot or a troll? That one sentence clearly proves you're one or the other.

I agree that teenage boys have their insecurities. Trust me, i remember clearly some of my bad times as a teenager. They still stick with me now. But Cera was too much of a sissy in this movie.

The only thing i didn't like about Bateman's character is that he is whipped. Even Juno points this out when Bateman tells her that his wife "allows" him to have his own room for his music stuff. Allows him! Not good.

What because he was a forgiving and caring person he's a sissy?

But that's part of Bateman's reason for leaving his marriage - he felt too constricted.

I don't know why I'm arguing this. It's pointless because you've dug your heals on some really narrowminded ideals of what makes a man a man :wacko:

They weren't a couple. They were never boyfriend and girlfriend. They had sex one time. And she wasn't just getting hormonal. Juno was a mouthy unfriendly girl before she got pregnant. That was part of her personality. She was constantly shutting him out and treating him badly. He tells her he wants them to be a couple and she tells him to look elsewhere and then when he does she goes off on him. She treats him like a punching bag for most of the movie. No way i would put up with that. I would support the baby if she was gonna keep it but that's it i would be done with her.

It's called LOVE, Spats. Although it comes as a suprise to know one that you didn't know that. You wouldn't know love if it hit you in the face with a brick. If you want to know why you can't find love, it's because it makes you want to puke.

Tell your pregnant girlfriend to "take a hike?" :rolleyes: That statement is either born out of staggerening ignorance and immaturity or is calculated to piss people off.

So which are you, Spats? An idiot or a troll? That one sentence clearly proves you're one or the other.

Sam, she is not his girlfriend. But you don't allow someone to treat you like crap. Have you seen the movie?

What because he was a forgiving and caring person he's a sissy?

But that's part of Bateman's reason for leaving his marriage - he felt too constricted.

I don't know why I'm arguing this. It's pointless because you've dug your heals on some really narrowminded ideals of what makes a man a man :wacko:

No, because he alllows himself to be walked all over.

I don't have a narrowminded idea about what makes a man a man. Hell, i am the one that's been called less than a man for not approaching women. I just don't think anyone should be treated and taken for granted like he is. She even admits she was treating him badly.

I think if the roles were reversed and it was a guy treating the girl badly opinions would be different.

This conversation truly encapsulates what makes Spats so Spatsy. Here we have a widely loved movie, one that Roger Ebert calls the best of 2007. In his review Ebert talks about how we come to care about and love these characters, how everyone gives great performances, and how Ellen Page will likely get an Oscar nomination. We grow to like and care about these characters, and the movie ends on a high note, with everything working out positively for everyone.

And Spats comes away from it hating Juno, thinking all the men are potrayed as jerks and wimps, and thinking the script is anti-male. As with everything else Spats ever has talked about, he COMPLETELY misses the point and has a COMPLETELY different way of seeing it than the whole rest of the world.

*SIGH*

This conversation truly encapsulates what makes Spats so Spatsy. Here we have a widely loved movie, one that Roger Ebert calls the best of 2007. In his review Ebert talks about how we come to care about and love these characters, how everyone gives great performances, and how Ellen Page will likely get an Oscar nomination. We grow to like and care about these characters, and the movie ends on a high note, with everything working out positively for everyone.

And Spats comes away from it hating Juno, thinking all the men are potrayed as jerks and wimps, and thinking the script is anti-male. As with everything else Spats ever has talked about, he COMPLETELY misses the point and has a COMPLETELY different way of seeing it than the whole rest of the world.

*SIGH*

Don't get me wrong. Other than Michael Cera i think all the performances are great. Ellen Page is a great actress, Jason Bateman and Jennifer garner all do a great job. Garner does such a great job playing the type of woman i can't stand that she had me hated her character.lol

But i think the guys are portrayed badly.