I've Been Going to the...MOOOOvies

bigstickbonzo

the+good,+the+bad+and+the+ugly_poster.jpg

Now we're talkin'! One of the greatest movies ever made. Not to sound like a troglodyte, but if you're a guy and haven't seen this movie, you should have your man-card revoked.

Was going to see "The Hobbit" tonight, but a hectic day working left me too tired and so I decided to go home and stay in for the night getting presents sorted and wrapped.

Absolutely incredible performances by Daniel Day Lewis and Tommy Lee Jones. Really like this film. Should wine bunches of awards.

Can't see the image, but I am certain you are talking about "Lincoln". Supposed to see it on the weekend, really looking forward to it.

A few recent movies I've seen for the first time "Miracle", the movie about the 1980 USA Olympic Hockey Team. I thought the end was rushed, but Kurt Russell did a good job. I also saw the ridiculous Farrelly brother's "Stuck On You", it did have me laughing, however.

As I type, I have one eye on the 1996 version of "Romeo and Juliet". What a cast! Not sure about this one, but I am partial to the 1968 version.

Looking forward to go and see Django Unchained soon...oh and The Hobbit! =)

Ditto! Definitely seeing "Django Unchained" opening day 12-26!

Tonight, though, I'm out with some friends going to see two classic Charlie Chaplin movies at the Egyptian.

http://www.americancinemathequecalendar.com/content/modern-times-city-lights

I'm off to see The Hobbit on Wednesday, Boxing Day with free tickets I received from the cinema as compensation for their shabby presentation of Celebration Day.

The big movies have always been released in Oz the day after Christmas, for so long now it's become tradition.

After a hectic Christmas Dinner, sleep in, take a swim and watch the starts of the Cricket at the MCG and Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race, then off to the movies. It's always good to chill out the next day, especially on a hot Summer's day in an air conditioned cinema. No, I'll go large popcorn please....

Edited by Reggie29

^I too am snowed in planted. Will be watching something, haven't decided yet.

Enjoy it!

Jb126,

There wasn't a lot of options on cable for some reason, so 'Wonderful Life' is a good go to.

I hope we don't lose power! The winds are supposed to pick up..

I have just spent three consecutive evenings watching classic movies at the Cinematheque:

Thursday 12-27:

"An American in Paris" and "Gigi". Gene Kelly and Leslie Caron...and the scene-stealing Oscar Levant.

Friday 12-28:

"Lawrence of Arabia" in 70mm. This was a brand new print to celebrate the 50th anniversary of its opening in 1962. The kind of epic that seems impossible to make today. My god, Peter O'Toole is so young...and those blue eyes burn the screen as intensely as the Arabian sun.

Saturday 12-29:

"It Happened One Night" and "Holiday". Both of these films are in my list of top 10 or 20 comedies of all-time. The trouble with most romantic comedies today is that the purported leads rarely have the chemistry exhibited by Clarke Gable and Claudette Colbert in the first film, and Cary Grant and Katherine Hepburn in the second.

Edited by Strider