I've Been Going to the...MOOOOvies

bigstickbonzo

(I saw that cringe-worthy animated Hobbit thing awhile back. My daughter actually owns it and watches it from time to time ass kind of a joke. When my ex, a long-time Tolkien fan, saw it, he walked out of the theater. As far as I know, he never saw the rest of it).

Are you talking about this Lake?

If so, I rather like it. Brings back old memories for me. I loved the soundtrack too.

This was my first and only discovery of Tolkien as a child. (The Hobbit, LOTH, etc) I saw this way before I even knew about the books. I must have been 7 or 8 when I watched it on TV.

Edited by Rock Historian

Yeah, that's the one. As I mentioned, my daughter (who is now 24) watches it occasionally and I've seen it a few times. I do find it cringe-worthy, yet I also kinda enjoy it. (I can't believe I actually admitted that...). The songs are kinda catchy and I think that's what my daughter enjoys about it as much as anything else. I can see how a kid would find it pretty entertaining... I didn't see it until I was an adult with a 6 or 7 year old kid who wanted to see it... and I know I've seen much worse. (like the Dragonlance...omg).

redrum, that does look good. I've just added it to my Netflix watch queue so I don't forget about it.

"The Shawshank Redemption" has been on AMC this week. I can't count the number of times I've seen it and have read the Stephen King novella, but it's one of those that I don't tire of.

redrum, that does look good. I've just added it to my Netflix watch queue so I don't forget about it.

"The Shawshank Redemption" has been on AMC this week. I can't count the number of times I've seen it and have read the Stephen King novella, but it's one of those that I don't tire of.

Hi jb126,

I share your enthusiasm about 'Shawshank Redemption'...I never tire of it either.

'You get busy living, or you get busy dying', ~ Andy Dufresne.

Great movie.

....I read the novella and loved it! and when the movie came out I thought it was one of the best King stories put on the big screen. Agreed also, if I am channel surfing and find it on tv it is a must watch every time. Not sure why? but for me it is. Tim Robbins is great but Morgan Freeman nails every scene, even if his dialogue is minimal in a scene his facial expression and body language says it all.

Having my own little Audrey Hepburn marathon while enduring Winter Storm Nemo...

Breakfast at Tiffany's

Roman Holiday

Sabrina

Yay me!

Sounds like you'll be fine there! Hope you have some wine to enjoy with the films :) That's a great line up.

Sounds like you'll be fine there! Hope you have some wine to enjoy with the films :) That's a great line up.

Oh, you know my glass is full, girl! :)

And it's just me...my son is at his girlfriends, hubby is working the overnight, and my daughter is busy doing her hair and makeup, for who knows what, guess she's bored!

Ahhh.

Now that my driveway is cleared it's time for a cup of tea, some home made cookies and "The Italian Job"...the original.

I've seen "The Shawshank Redemption" mentioned here a couple of times, If you love that movie you just might like "The Count of Monte Cristo" too. Dam James Caviezel is almost as good looking as me.

Just noticed, "I've been going to the movies". I guess mine is more the movie is coming to me. :blush:

post-16897-0-38633100-1360523838_thumb.j

Edited by MINI_Zoso

I've seen "The Shawshank Redemption" mentioned here a couple of times, If you love that movie you just might like "The Count of Monte Cristo" too. Dam James Caviezel is almost as good looking as me.

:)

I enjoyed that version of "The Count of Monte Cristo", what an excellent cast. Also liked the the 1975 version starring Richard Chamberlain. As you probably know, the novel played part in an amusing scene in "Shawshank".

Just noticed, "I've been going to the movies". I guess mine is more the movie is coming to me. :blush:

Same here, usually.

:)

I enjoyed that version of "The Count of Monte Cristo", what an excellent cast. Also liked the the 1975 version starring Richard Chamberlain. As you probably know, the novel played part in an amusing scene in "Shawshank".

Same here, usually.

That's right too! When they were in the prison library. I've not seen the 1975 version, add that to the list.