I've Been Going to the...MOOOOvies

bigstickbonzo

I saw Jaws finally! I LOVED it!! It wasn't scary, really, but it was nicely suspenseful. Although I did jump out of my seat a little when:

Hooper goes into the water to check out the wrecked boat and the body pops out of the hole in the side. I was like, "What's he doing? Oh, ok, he's picking up the shark tooth, and...AHHH!!!"

:lol:

I pretty much liked it in the same way that I like Pirates of the Caribbean; it's a great adventure story with fun, oddball characters (I loved Richard Dreyfuss, of course, but man, Robert Shaw is an absolute classic!). So yeah, I think I'll still be able to go in the ocean without freaking out. Actually, I kinda want to take scuba diving lessons now, heh!

Edited by Footsteps of Dawn

Hooper goes into the water to check out the wrecked boat and the body pops out of the hole in the side. I was like, "What's he doing? Oh, ok, he's picking up the shark tooth, and...AHHH!!!"

:lol:

I watched Jaws when I was about 8 and when that happened I jumped out of my skin and quit watching it.

Ghost Rider freaked me out. I can't watch anything remotely scary. Freddy Krueger still scares me and I'm 21!

Anyway, I just saw Batman Begins for the very first time. It was pretty amazing. The fact that it held my attention for more than five minutes speaks volumes. Christian Bale is a sexy beast. Also, I've pretty much decided that Michael Caine is the coolest guy... ever.

Haha I haven't been able to eat lampchops since watching Jurassic Park.

Speaking of Mr. Woodcock, my old boss apparently grew up next door to Seann William Scott. I guess they all used to make fun of him cuz he was lifting weights for his male modeling career when the rest of them were lifting for sports. I wonder who's laughing now... and who clearly has the better guns. :P

"The Bucket List"......Some nice banter between two veteran actors. Jack gets his fair share of typical quips in. Too predictable though.....wait to rent in my opinion.

"Charlie Wilson's War" - Can't believe this movie received so many bad reviews. I thought it was very good. Phillip Seymour Hoffman deserved his nomination for Best Supporting Actor. Julia Roberts efforts were a waste of time though....can you say miscast ? Jail Bait !!

"Dr. Zhivago" - Forgot how good this movie was. Julie Christie.....YUM !! :)

I've got Mr. Woodcock in right now.

err...the movie... :o

:rolleyes::lol:

At least that's an actual horror movie, I'm afraid of Jurassic Park and I have been since I was little!

:lol: Yeah, they were pretty realistic. Scary movies don't bother me anymore unless what's happening could actually happen -_-

*By the way, my mom actually liked the whole movie (Ghost Rider) :o. She was telling me about how they're planning on making a sequel and I was like, everyone hated the first--it would bomb for sure :lol:

Saw "I'm Not There". This was a pretty cool movie. The best performances were by Kate Blanchett and Heath Ledger. Seeing Heath put in a great performance like this makes his death that much more sad. he could just disappear into a character. What a waste. The movie could have been trimmed a bit. I just couldn't get into the The Richard gere story. He has never impressed me as an actor and i just didn't get his story. Can anyone explain how it relates to Bob Dylan. I am not an expert on Bob .

What did every one else think of the movie?

Recently saw the old classic 'DEAD END' with Bogart & The East Side Kids.

The scene with Bogey's Mother was great as she told him:

'Get outta here, before I crack your face again'

Towards the end the cops pumped 15 rounds into Bogey (Baby Face Martin).

B)

Just saw the extended version of "Death Proof". Wow. Vanessa Ferlitos lap dance scene. Damn! That girl can move. Vanessa is not classicaly beautiful by any means but she is hot as hell in that scene.

Which version of death Proof do you like better?The theatre version or the complete version??

Is anyone else surprised that Juno has made around 120 million at the box office???? :o:o:o

No, it's a good movie that's hugely critically acclaimed, Oscar nominated, and as you can see from the box-office totals, very popular with the public at large. If the people love it, critics love it, and the Academy loves it, that generally equals $$.

No need to elaborate Spats, we know how you feel about the movie.

No, it's a good movie that's hugely critically acclaimed, Oscar nominated, and as you can see from the box-office totals, very popular with the public at large. If the people love it, critics love it, and the Academy loves it, that generally equals $$.

No need to elaborate Spats, we know how you feel about the movie.

They did a story on it and apparently most of the audiences for it are women.

They did a story on it and apparently most of the audiences for it are women.

Wrong. It was a pretty good movie overall, and this is coming from a teenage guy who hates chick flicks.

It was funny in a sort of Napoleon Dynamite sort of way, yet a little more serious. Two thumbs up for Juno

Wrong. It was a pretty good movie overall, and this is coming from a teenage guy who hates chick flicks.

It was funny in a sort of Napoleon Dynamite sort of way, yet a little more serious. Two thumbs up for Juno

Just saying what the report said. And when i went it was pimarily women.