Halloween

ms_zeppelin94

It is never too early for Halloween! In fact, I recently posted a bunch of my recent costumes (Meg White, Sister Morphine, Bettie Page)

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=84596&id=1069883333&l=bd537ff67f

This year, I think I am going to go as Claudia from Interview With the Vampire. I have the Victorian style bonnet, frilly clothes, an old doll, and a ringleted wig. I still need to get the fangs.

Much as I love horror (I write for horror.com, that's my job), I never seem to want to go with scary costumes. They're usually pretty, and sometimes a little creepy, but I generally don't like to get upgly or bloody. I am sure there's some psychology behind the costumes we choose, but I am not sure what it is!

Staci

It is never too early for Halloween! In fact, I recently posted a bunch of my recent costumes (Meg White, Sister Morphine, Bettie Page)

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=84596&id=1069883333&l=bd537ff67f

This year, I think I am going to go as Claudia from Interview With the Vampire. I have the Victorian style bonnet, frilly clothes, an old doll, and a ringleted wig. I still need to get the fangs.

. I am sure there's some psychology behind the costumes we choose, but I am not sure what it is!

Staci

Hello, ....IMHO it is obsession, I personally would like to go back in time, and dress in little Jimmy Page White Satin Shiny as HIM!! (not black) Dragon Suit, all with focus on Dragons in black and Poppies in Red embroidery - I can almost picture myself in this, I was a skinny kid and dark features myself, in fact, I am tempted to create a little one for someone special...Done!! :lol:

...My first Halloween Oct. '74 new to me, I dressed up as a easy witch...Jimmy Obsession hadn't entered my premises yet but soon.....

http://www.facebook....33&l=bd537ff67f

Much as I love horror (I write for horror.com, that's my job), I never seem to want to go with scary costumes. They're usually pretty, and sometimes a little creepy, but I generally don't like to get upgly or bloody. I am sure there's some psychology behind the costumes we choose, but I am not sure what it is!

Staci

Love those...thanx for sharing :):)

Yay! It's the most wonderful tiiiime of the yeeeeear!!! Wait, wrong holiday? ...Nahhhh! ;)

This year...I don't know what I'm going to do. I went to a Halloween store today just for gits & shiggles, and I did see a cute Oktoberfest Girl costume that was only kind of risque (what is it with costumes these days?), but sheesh, the dang thing cost $50! Maybe I'll just wear my Red Wings jersey and be Steve Yzerette or something... I'm NOT going to be a cowgirl again; that's just too many years in a row, hehe.

I could be a Dead Bride, I suppose...I was just a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding this weekend, and my dress kind of looks like a goth wedding dress. It's short, and it has sort of mauve-y colored lace over a black underneath part (that's a technical term, lol) with a black bow on the front. I could get a veil and a fake knife and do the bloody makeup thing. That'd be better than just wearing a Wings jersey, anyway. I mean, not that I don't love my Wings sweater; it's just that it's not much of a costume since I wear it all the time.

• 2 years later...

Archived