Halloween

ms_zeppelin94

OK Ebenezer

Isn't that the other excuse for being relieved of wads of cash? Charlies rather fun story is always on at Christmas. A perenial fav - like "It's a wonderful life"

We don't take Halloween that seriously here man. It's an annoyance rather than fun. Listen I did make some hash brownies for the kids should they have knocked. But as I said thankfully no one did. Maybe I'll take them along to the community bonfire and firework display on Saturday? That should get the oldies out of it !! Good old Guy Fawkes always a gas? :thumbsup:

Isn't that the other excuse for being relieved of wads of cash? Charlies rather fun story is always on at Christmas. A perenial fav - like "It's a wonderful life"

We don't take Halloween that seriously here man. It's an annoyance rather than fun. Listen I did make some hash brownies for the kids should they have knocked. But as I said thankfully no one did. Maybe I'll take them along to the community bonfire and firework display on Saturday? That should get the oldies out of it !! Good old Guy Fawkes always a gas? :thumbsup:

Well I cant argue with that. I agree Halloween is not as important as Xmas.

we don't do halloween, but it is getting popular here. hope you all enjoyed yourselves! ;)

found this on facebook

You mean you chose not to do Halloween or they do not observe it in Australia? I have always wondered what countries do in fact have the tradition of trick or treat for kids?

You mean you chose not to do Halloween or they do not observe it in Australia? I have always wondered what countries do in fact have the tradition of trick or treat for kids?

no, it's not tradition here. it has only started to get popular in the last few years, and i think it's due to our kids liking the music/tv shows/ movies/culture from the us. a lot of our young look and act the way the young in the us do, as far as dressing, dancing etc

and it's also because the retail sector bombards us with halloween stuff- anything to make a buck!

Lady next door was giving out little packages of almonds and raisins. Just think how disapointing that must be to a kid?

They should be thankful they got anything at all!

What about the kids in NY and NJ, a great halloween they had, not.

They should be thankful they got anything at all! What about the kids in NY and NJ, a great halloween they had, not.

I hear what you are saying. You could probably add to that the kids in Haiti, Bangladesh and North Korea too.

I wish that these things did not happen, but of course nature has a mind of it's own. Life goes on.

Here in the UK I never did, or even heard of trick or treat. Is this an american thing?Unfortunately now it occurs in some cities in the UK, but it is not the norm over here for young children to beg.I thought it was usually in 3rd world countries.

Archived