Obama awarded Nobel Peace prize

TypeO

The problem here is we have three kinds of people debating:

First we have people on two exact opposite ends: people who believe Obama's done nothing wrong, and people who believe Obama's done nothing right.

Then there are the rest of us in the middle who think it's too soon to tell either way but don't mind pointing out the mistakes Obama has made so far because it's the right thing to do.

What I'm noticing here is, the people who think Obama can do no wrong seem to take it personally when everyone else says "well here's a mistake he's made already."

Then there's me. I think Obama is just another puppet in a grand puppet show put on to keep the masses occupied and distracted. I don't believe in a terrorist organization called "al Qaeda". I don't believe 9/11 was the work of Muslims. I don't believe anybody in Afghanistan (much less Iraq) had anything to do with 9/11. I believe the Taliban, in so much as it exists, is a creation of Western intelligence. Likewise for OBL and his Mujihadeen.

US involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan is nothing but naked imperialism dressed in imaginary clothes. Obama is a full and witting accomplice to this massive crime.

This isn't Obama vs. Bush. The lot of them are crooks!

*sigh*

You know what? I'm done talking to you. Nothing I say will get you to see my point, so it's not worth my time or energy to argue with you any further. It's simple: all you have to do is turn on the news or take a look at what people are doing and saying to see why I think the things I do. It's simple observation. I'm worried about it, and I think it's disgusting and highly alarming. You don't see it, and that's not my problem. Like I said before, have fun living in your own delusional little world.

Peace. :hippy:

Nice responses, Mona. I admire you for standing up for what the majority of US citizens voted for. I agree with your delusional world analogy and feel that the same people who are so cocksure that the current administration is going to collapse like a house of cards, are really very scared and are hiding their insecurities by bullying those who disagree. They figure if you walk away, they've won, when in reality, they are hurting their cause more. I take solace in knowing that when all is said and done, they only have one vote, the same as you and me.

I do not see President Obama as a puppet. He has served in office for only a short time, so it is too soon to make that assessment without some concrete reasons.

I provided some of my reasons. They are sufficient. He is talking about fighting "al Qaeda" and "terrorism". He claims there are people in the Hindu Kush presenting an immediate threat to US national security. That is sufficient cause for me to reject his legitimacy.

Then there's me. I think Obama is just another puppet in a grand puppet show put on to keep the masses occupied and distracted. I don't believe in a terrorist organization called "al Qaeda". I don't believe 9/11 was the work of Muslims. I don't believe anybody in Afghanistan (much less Iraq) had anything to do with 9/11. I believe the Taliban, in so much as it exists, is a creation of Western intelligence. Likewise for OBL and his Mujihadeen.

US involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan is nothing but naked imperialism dressed in imaginary clothes. Obama is a full and witting accomplice to this massive crime.

This isn't Obama vs. Bush. The lot of them are crooks!

First off, if you don't believe in Al Quaeda, then may I recommend listening to the testimonials of... oh, I don't know... scared Palestinians? Al Quaeda doesn't qualify as Bush Jr's "Elite Republican Guard". Why? Because Al Quaeda exists, along with the Taliban.

As far as 9/11... I dare you to say that to the face of a survivor or a victim's family... and report back to us... but don't cry if you end up with a black eye and/or a few broken bones. I have no doubt that Bush used 9/11 to dupe us into a false war, but his administration was way too stupid to have actually pulled it off. I'm rather "agnostic" about whether or not they actually knew about it beforehand. The evidence suggests both possibilities (they did or they didn't). My guess is it happened and Bush and Cheney said "hey! Perfect! They're all united n' shit! We can go into Iraq and they'll let us! And by the time they realize that we used 'em, it'll be too late!"

As far as Obama being a puppet... we'll see... so far the entire Democratic government has shown itself to be handily sucking the cocks of the Health Care Lobby... either that or they're spineless cowards. That public option should never have been shot down, and it pisses me off that it was. I thought they had a "supermajority"? But no... it's the Lobbyists who have a supermajorty.

I will say this about our enemies... our enemies are our enemies because we sold them weapons and then bombed them. The only enemies we have are the enemies we've made by trying to expand our empire (bring Democracy to the East is just a cover statement, quite frankly). If we would get the hell out of the rest of the world and make it a policy to only deal in the foreign world by trade and when our help is needed, we just might see "our enemies" suddenly start to leave us alone.

However, this if off-topic...

First off, if you don't believe in Al Quaeda, then may I recommend listening to the testimonials of... oh, I don't know... scared Palestinians? Al Quaeda doesn't qualify as Bush Jr's "Elite Republican Guard". Why? Because Al Quaeda exists, along with the Taliban.

As far as 9/11... I dare you to say that to the face of a survivor or a victim's family... and report back to us... but don't cry if you end up with a black eye and/or a few broken bones. I have no doubt that Bush used 9/11 to dupe us into a false war, but his administration was way too stupid to have actually pulled it off. I'm rather "agnostic" about whether or not they actually knew about it beforehand. The evidence suggests both possibilities (they did or they didn't). My guess is it happened and Bush and Cheney said "hey! Perfect! They're all united n' shit! We can go into Iraq and they'll let us! And by the time they realize that we used 'em, it'll be too late!"

As far as Obama being a puppet... we'll see... so far the entire Democratic government has shown itself to be handily sucking the cocks of the Health Care Lobby... either that or they're spineless cowards. That public option should never have been shot down, and it pisses me off that it was. I thought they had a "supermajority"? But no... it's the Lobbyists who have a supermajorty.

However, this if off-topic...

I recently told a Palestinian who happens to be a clinical psychologist that I don't believe Muslims had anything to do with 9/11. Her first response was shocked disbelief. She asked me if I was serious. I said "yes". She asked me again if I seriously believed that, or if I was just saying that. When I persisted in my position she asked me who I think did it. When I told her, she said that I believe what just about every Palestinian in the world believes. She was just shocked that an Anglo American believed it.

There are several survivors involved in the 9/11 Truth movement, and who don't believe the official fairytale.

It's really not OT since the entire military involvement is predicated on the false claim that 9/11 was the work of an Islamic terrorist organization called "al Qaeda".

I provided some of my reasons. They are sufficient. He is talking about fighting "al Qaeda" and "terrorism". He claims there are people in the Hindu Kush presenting an immediate threat to US national security. That is sufficient cause for me to reject his legitimacy.

Did he offer any reasons for this alleged threat to security? Perhaps he was referring to the area in Pakistan that the Taliban is believed to use as a safe haven? And you do not believe that Al Qaeda and the Taliban are a threat?

Even Robert Plant knows that the Hindu Kush can be a risky area.

Also, the Khyber Pass provides a supply route to NATO and U.S. forces. Taliban guerrillas have been reported in the past to have shut down access at the Khyber Pass.

The Khyber Pass, (also spelled Khaiber or Khaybar; Pashto: د خیبر درہ) (altitude: 1,070 m or 3,510 ft) is a mountain pass that links Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Throughout history it has been an important trade route between Central Asia and South Asia and a strategic military location. The summit of the Khyber Pass is 5 kilometres (3.1 mi) inside Pakistan at Landi Kotal and it cuts through the northeastern part of the Safed Koh mountains which themselves are a far southeastern extension of the Hindu Kush range.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khyber_Pass

Published: Oct. 12, 2009

CHARKH, Afghanistan, Oct. 12 (UPI) -- Although the Obama administration is continuing its heated and divisive debate over the U.S. military's future posture and strategy in Afghanistan, a fundamental feature of the conflict is likely to remain short of withdrawal.

It's the COP, or combat outpost, from which U.S. and multinational troops implement the nuts and bolts of counterinsurgency operations -- missions to find and engage terrorists and insurgents in specific geographic areas, close-in security patrols to free villages of insurgent influence and foster a sense of safety, and implementation and monitoring of hearts-and-minds humanitarian and infrastructure projects in conjunction with government authorities to weave a positive relationship between the two.

"In a country as large and complex as Afghanistan, ISAF (International Security Assistance Forces) can't be everywhere," U.S. Army Gen. Stanley McChrystal, commander of multinational forces in Afghanistan, wrote in an Aug. 30 strategy assessment to Defense Secretary Robert Gates. "ISAF must focus its full range of civilian and military resources where they will have the greatest effect on the people."

That means using COPs in "high density" population areas in a country where the words "remote" and "isolated" take on special meaning given that about 70 percent of its people live in rural areas. COPs in sparsely populated areas will be closed under the general's assessment of the war and the way forward to better reposition assets and defeat the Taliban.

COPs, which vary by degree in austerity, are inhabited by company or platoon-sized units with small Afghan security force elements who they mentor and work with. They are generally adjacent to or near groups of villages. Challenges vary. COPs Monti and Charkh are examples.

THE CHALLENGE IS TERRAIN

COP Monti, located in an old Afghan army compound in the Hindu Kush mountain range, is located in the Asmar District of Kunar province, close to the border with Pakistan, which Taliban gunmen use as a safe haven. The men of Charlie Company, 1st Battalion, 32nd Infantry Regiment are responsible for three districts, each separated by valleys and peaks of varying height. The combined population of the districts is as much as 100,000 over 400 square miles, the more inaccessible parts of which are used as a transit area to and from Pakistan by Taliban fighters and other anti-government groups.

upiasia.com/Top_News/Special/2009/10/12/Feature-Outposts-remain-vital-in-Afghan-war/UPI-85561255384632/

The jazz musician Katie Melua wrote a song called "Halfway Up the Hindu Kush", probably because in the 1960s and 70s Afghanistan was depicted in the media as the romantic haven of nomads and a resort for hashish-smoking hippies.

Military Presence

After historical military presence since the time of Alexander the Great, the recent Cold War caused the presence of Soviet and mujahideen fighters and then revolutionary Taliban. Currently Al Qaeda's presence made the U.S. forces to shift their operation in the Hindu Kush mountain ranges.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindu_Kush

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

<P class=first>Pakistan has blocked a key supply route to US and Nato forces in Afghanistan in order to begin an offensive against militants, officials say.

Troops backed by helicopter gunships and tanks began the operation in the Khyber Pass area early on Tuesday.

There has been a spate of hijackings and attacks on vehicles carrying crucial overland supplies to US and Nato troops fighting the Taleban.

The route from the port city of Karachi is the major source. About 70%-80% of supplies for international forces in Afghanistan come through Pakistan despite efforts to develop alternative routes.

afakel2008.blogspot.com/2008_12_01_archive.html

Did he offer any reasons for this alleged threat to security? Perhaps he was referring to the area in Pakistan that the Taliban is believed to use as a safe haven? And you do not believe that Al Qaeda and the Taliban are a threat?

Even Robert Plant knows that the Hindu Kush can be a risky area.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khyber_Pass

I don't believe in "al Qaeda" as a terrorist organization. At most it's a collection of Western intelligence assets. As for the Taliban. They have NEVER posed a direct threat to the US of A. Furthermore, they are another CIA creation. It's all a giant psyop illusion.

Ask yourself which is more likely. 1) Mohamed Atta - the son of an Egyptian Intelligence officer with ties to George de Mohrenschildt - is a religious fanatic who piloted a jet airliner (he had never flown anything remotely similar) with superhuman skill on 9/11/01; 2) Atta was a drug runner for the Bush mob, and a party animal.

Turn down your volume before you start this. the first few seconds has some nasty static:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7746174590105525480

Fine. You wanna get nasty to the other posters, fine. But I will not. I try to respect others' opinions. This is turning into a mean-spirited debate. It saddens me greatly. :(

:peace:,

Jo

Well I mean, if it saddens you that bad perhaps you should try the Song Name Game thread?

But really now, I respect everyones opinions except Atlas' because hes a psychopathic conspiracy theorist. Nowhere in this thread have I been meen-spirited (except in this post)

Ask yourself which is more likely. 1) Mohamed Atta - the son of an Egyptian Intelligence officer with ties to George de Mohrenschildt - is a religious fanatic who piloted a jet airliner (he had never flown anything remotely similar) with superhuman skill on 9/11/01; 2) Atta was a drug runner for the Bush mob, and a party animal.

I would guess that both 1) and 2) apply.

I would have no problem with one but I personalyl think he was Middle Eastern..which he was

I don't believe there ever was a Jesus as recored in the NT, but if you go by the Bible, he was form Galil HaGoyim. But the race of Obama has NOTHING to do with my instance that he is a puppet. He would not be in office if he were not a puppet. American politics has been hijacked by the moneyed elite.

Obama was the only major candidate whom I did not actively oppose. I supported Cynthia McKinney for president. Not because she is black, but because she took the bold stand when on one else did.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cynthia_McKinney

cynthiamckinney.jpg

I think that JFK was not a puppet. That is why he was assassinated.

I can see that the issue of whether or not Obama proves to be a puppet will haunt his presidency.

I shouted out who killed the Kennedys

when after all it was you and me

-Jagger/Richards

By Wesley Pruden

ANALYSIS/OPINION:

Pity Barack Obama. The last thing he needs is another comparison to Jimmy Carter. He could survive the endorsements of his Nobel Prize by Fidel Castro ("a positive measure"), from Dmitry Medvedev, the president of Russia ("evidence of a realistic vision"), or even from Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, aspiring Jew-killer and president of Iran ("bringing justice to the world order").

He's got enough with Jimmy Carter already. Mr. Jimmy called the president's prize "a positive development." But celebrating weakness in the face of a challenge and bowing to bullies in an abject hope that the bully will go easy will always turn a real man's stomach. It's the celebration of weakness that's so infuriating. The anger is not about Mr. Obama. Not yet. He hasn't done anything.

washingtontimes.com/news/2009/oct/13/pruden-obamas-ignoble-prize/

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=48-rQH2GSi8

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived