Pink Floyd Topic

MisterMcLov1n

It's the smirk. It kills me dead every time. It's like "yeah, I know I'm good." That sort of confidence-bordering-on-arrogance can be very attractive.

Hi "Electrophile!" I hope all is well with you. All of those qualities that you mentioned go hand in hand with being the ultimate Rock Star! Its all part of the Rock Star attitude. Ha Ha! ROF my dear!

Edited by ZeppFanForever

I saw The Wall at the LA Sports Arena in 1980. Unbelievable spectacle. In fact, I took my seat in the back, and had no idea that right up behind me was the airplane that, at the start of the show, came flying down over my head and crashed into the wall! I was just - WHOA!! Also caught them at the Rose Bowl in...'93? post-Waters, Division Bell, I think. The lasers, the quadrophonic sound, their shows are so epic. Also caught that "Live from Pompeii" movie a few times at those midnight shows, and the Bob Geldof 'Wall' in the theater as well. I remember in 1974 I was going to the Shrine auditorium to see Golden Earring and Montrose, and we drove right by the Sports Arena where Pink Floyd were playing four nights. This was when asshole Ed Davis was police chief and they were busting everyone in sight at the Floyd shows, major crackdown. Don't know why the Hell I didn't catch one of those shows. I was into Montrose at the time. And then when I get to the Shrine I see that Hagar has been replaced by Joe Shmo on vocals, grrr. Anyhoo, them's my Floyd tales. I think I fall into the "like 'em, but not a gigantic, must-have-everything" kinda fan. (I do have David Gilmore's first solo album). As I look around for bootlegs, it became quickly apparent that there ain't NOTHING like the hard-core Floyd fans, I think they beat even us Zep-heads for sheer.....enthusiasm? Devotion? What's a nice word for crazy? :D

I saw The Wall at the LA Sports Arena in 1980. Unbelievable spectacle. In fact, I took my seat in the back, and had no idea that right up behind me was the airplane that, at the start of the show, came flying down over my head and crashed into the wall! I was just - WHOA!! Also caught them at the Rose Bowl in...'93? post-Waters, Division Bell, I think. The lasers, the quadrophonic sound, their shows are so epic. Also caught that "Live from Pompeii" movie a few times at those midnight shows, and the Bob Geldof 'Wall' in the theater as well. I remember in 1974 I was going to the Shrine auditorium to see Golden Earring and Montrose, and we drove right by the Sports Arena where Pink Floyd were playing four nights. This was when asshole Ed Davis was police chief and they were busting everyone in sight at the Floyd shows, major crackdown. Don't know why the Hell I didn't catch one of those shows. I was into Montrose at the time. And then when I get to the Shrine I see that Hagar has been replaced by Joe Shmo on vocals, grrr. Anyhoo, them's my Floyd tales. I think I fall into the "like 'em, but not a gigantic, must-have-everything" kinda fan. (I do have David Gilmore's first solo album). As I look around for bootlegs, it became quickly apparent that there ain't NOTHING like the hard-core Floyd fans, I think they beat even us Zep-heads for sheer.....enthusiasm? Devotion? What's a nice word for crazy? :D

Hey "badgeholder!" How are you? I also saw PINK FLOYD at the L.A. Sports Arena on 7 February 1980 during the Wall tour. Read post#7 on this thread, I saw the great PINK FLOYD live 5 times! ROCK ON FOREVER my friend!

Not a big fan of Pink Floyd but respect to them for going to Liverpool F.C's Anfield stadium in 1971 and recording the Kop (Liverpool fans) singing You'll Never Walk Alone and including it in their song Fearless on Meddle.

Thumbs up!

I knew just two or three Pink floyd's songs last week,but than i saw a documentary about them and can't stop listening them and crying :) I have noticed lots of people who loves LZ love also PF,and now I understand.

First of all, smiley-signs046.gif

Second, I too see why Led Zeppelin fans also like Pink Floyd. If you think about it, they're not that different. Their music is very similar, just different interpretations. Pink Floyd is more progressive, whereas Led Zeppelin is more hard-rocking. But overall, they're not that different.

:peace:,

Jo

I knew just two or three Pink floyd's songs last week,but than i saw a documentary about them and can't stop listening them and crying :) I have noticed lots of people who loves LZ love also PF,and now i understand.

I think between me and pagemccartney, we can hook you up with the right albums to start with. You should probably begin with the quadrangle of Meddle-DSotM-WYWH-Animals and then after that, Obscured By Clouds and The Division Bell. Everything else should be to taste.

I think between me and pagemccartney, we can hook you up with the right albums to start with. You should probably begin with the quadrangle of Meddle-DSotM-WYWH-Animals and then after that, Obscured By Clouds and The Division Bell. Everything else should be to taste.

There's been so much talk on here about The Division Bell...I must obtain it.

There's been so much talk on here about The Division Bell...I must obtain it.

You must. I have it on mp3, CD and vinyl. Of the two post-Watersalbums they did, it's held up the best over the years. AMLoR is agreat album, don't get me wrong.....it just sounds like it was made inthe late 80s and some of the songs just don't sound very good now. TDBon the other hand.....it's as close to the "classic" Floyd sound thethree of them were going to get without Roger. It's worth it forCluster One, Keep Talking and High Hopes alone.

You must. I have it on mp3, CD and vinyl. Of the two post-Watersalbums they did, it's held up the best over the years. AMLoR is agreat album, don't get me wrong.....it just sounds like it was made inthe late 80s and some of the songs just don't sound very good now. TDBon the other hand.....it's as close to the "classic" Floyd sound thethree of them were going to get without Roger. It's worth it forCluster One, Keep Talking and High Hopes alone.

Thanks for the info. I love finding "new" music. I'll think I'll start where you suggested.

The title song is Pink Floyd at their best... a mainstay of my listening rotation on the Ipod. :)

You mean High Hopes? Because that's the song the title is in. Specifically "the ringing of the division bell had begun". You're right though, it's an absolutely gorgeous song. Almost anthemic.

You mean High Hopes? Because that's the song the title is in. Specifically "the ringing of the division bell had begun". You're right though, it's an absolutely gorgeous song. Almost anthemic.

You are correct!! Listen to Elizabeth for the proper song titles! :D

Awesome track.

Pink Floyd is pretty damn awesome ! I got into them about 6 months ago and have ever since been listening to them more and more :D. I started out with Dark Side of the Moon and after that I bought Wish You Were Here, then The Wall, after that it was Animals. Later I also bought Atom Heart Mother, Saucerful of Secrets and Meddle. So there's still a few missing :).

Hmmm.... can't come up with anything intelligent to say :)

Oh well... I'll list my favourites from the albums that I have:

#1: Wish You Were Here

#2: The Wall

#3: Dark Side of the Moon

#4: Animals

#5: Meddle

#6: Atom Heart Mother (Fat Old Sun is awesome :))

#7: Saucerful of Secrets

Listing 1-4 was a bit difficult since they are all such great albums. To be honest #1 and #2 change places occasionally and so do #3 and #4 :D.

I just like Pink Floyd. Awesome band and awesome musicians. I just loved the experimentation in their music. Sounds so magical. I like especially listening to Pink Floyd when I'm really in a mood for it. I always thought their music is intense or suspenseful but I always liked listening to it when I want to relax. I tried listening to it, along with other progressive and psychedelic rock music and rock music in general, in many ways like listening to it in total dark or listening outside at night. It may sound weird to some people but it's interesting. I like all albums but my favorite albums are The Wall, The Dark Side Of The Moon, Meddle and Animals.