Some questions for long-time Led Zeppelin fans

zeppelincheetah

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this topic or not. Anyways I was wondering if some of the folks who were fans of Led Zeppelin in the 70's could share how they felt about Led Zeppelin at the time. I wasn't even born until 1984 so I'm curious what the experience was like when Bonzo's heart was still beating.

Here are some starter questions but feel free to add more:

What did you think of their albums as they came out? Which ones met and exceeded your expectations and which ones didn't?

If you went to a concert, what was it like?

How frustrating was it that Led Zeppelin rarely did interviews?

What was your reaction when you first heard news of Plant's car accident?

What was it like in late 1977 when it was uncertain that the band would continue?

What was it like in 1980 when you first heard the news of Bonzo and the subsequent breakup of Led Zeppelin?

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this topic or not. Anyways I was wondering if some of the folks who were fans of Led Zeppelin in the 70's could share how they felt about Led Zeppelin at the time. I wasn't even born until 1984 so I'm curious what the experience was like when Bonzo's heart was still beating.

What did you think of their albums as they came out? Which ones met and exceeded your expectations and which ones didn't?

What was it like in late 1977 when it was uncertain that the band would continue?

What was it like in 1980 when you first heard the news of Bonzo and the subsequent breakup of Led Zeppelin?

Hi "zeppelincheetah!" How are you? If you want, refer to my "WHAT WAS THE CRAZIEST THING THAT YOU EVER DID AT A LED ZEPPELIN CONCERT?" and "WHAT WAS THE CRAZIEST THING THAT YOU DID IN THE THEATER WHILE WATCHING THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME?" Threads in the Led Zeppelin Master Forum link at the top of the index page. You will get some ideas there, my stories are true! ROCK ON FOREVER!

They have ALL exceeded my expectations. The vast variety of music they created never ceases to amaze me.

1973 and 1975, I was very young and I just thought this is it, I have been taken to heaven, I had chills the whole time and literally could not take my eyes and ears away from one note. The power and the presence of them at that time musically (as this is my experience) is just emotionally no way to put in words. But for 40 years I still enjoy waking up and starting my day out with one of their ballads. To me they were not just songs, these were creations of musical genius. I still get chills just seeing TSRTS and I have watched this at least a couple of thousand times:-) seriously!!!

Not frustrating to me. I loved that they kept so much private, because when you did get an interview, it was knowledgable, or funny and it makes me appreciate the ones we do have even more. They didn't need the media as the music spoke for itself.

I honestly was more concerned about he and his family.

For me, I was so sad for Robert with the tragedy that happened to him. I could only think my God, how do you get through this. Then as I became a parent I still can't imagine the pain. This was one of two times when it was about them as humans and not my beloved Zeppelin.

This was my second time as stated just above. I was so sad for his family. Both his physical family and the LZ band family. When you have listened to them for so long and had them in your life throughout yours they become like family in a way.

Sometimes I am a little defensive when anyone states anything negative about them, but it is because that bond makes you protect them and the respect you develop, it just makes it impossible to hear anyone say anything in a dark manner and not speak out.

Archived