some thinking

Dominika

Hi,

I just some read what is written and can see that You rather always say on Robert Plant ,Plant and he is Robert, and it is not well

as I know to say on people on last name. I think also about Jimmy Page, You also say about him Page. Do You like it? I am sad about it.

I think all will be all right.

Dominika

Hi,

I just some read what is written and can see that You rather always say on Robert Plant ,Plant and he is Robert, and it is not well

as I know to say on people on last name. I think also about Jimmy Page, You also say about him Page. Do You like it? I am sad about it.

I think all will be all right.

Dominika

Hi Dominika and welcome to the forum. In reading your post it seems that english might be a second language to you ( I only know one language so you are one up on me) but I think I get what you are saying. Every one here refers to the guys in the band in different terms. Either by first, last, initials or nic names. All is fine to be using here. I am not sure why you would be sad about it though. Be happy and have some fun here as there are alot of really nice people here and lots of interesting posts to read.

Hi Dominika and welcome to the forum. In reading your post it seems that english might be a second language to you ( I only know one language so you are one up on me) but I think I get what you are saying. Every one here refers to the guys in the band in different terms. Either by first, last, initials or nic names. All is fine to be using here. I am not sure why you would be sad about it though. Be happy and have some fun here as there are alot of really nice people here and lots of interesting posts to read.

Me thinks she is trying to get thing's done proper. Many people's around the world that think of some one or some group of people that have great effect's on others should be referred to in a proper manner.

I other word's not calling some one that we all (in this group) feel as a great person IE Jimmy Page or Robert Plant by there full name (in the proper way) may be disrespectful to some folk's and seem wrong to them.

Some language's have no slang as we English speaking people's do, and thus would not understand why or how some one would speak of or even think about putting down in word's (that some one else would read) some thing in an uncivil way.

I find myself writing in a proper manor often but, some time's I do slip myself so, I will ask for forgiveness in advance to anyone I will offend.

Welcome to our little group of Led Zeppelin lover's Dominika :) Enjoy your stay here but don't take everything everyone here writes to heart. Some times we joke around and sometimes we get upset, but we get over it. B)

Me thinks she is trying to get thing's done proper. Many people's around the world that think of some one or some group of people that have great effect's on others should be referred to in a proper manner.

I other word's not calling some one that we all (in this group) feel as a great person IE Jimmy Page or Robert Plant by there full name (in the proper way) may be disrespectful to some folk's and seem wrong to them.

Some language's have no slang as we English speaking people's do, and thus would not understand why or how some one would speak of or even think about putting down in word's (that some one else would read) some thing in an uncivil way.

I find myself writing in a proper manor often but, some time's I do slip myself so, I will ask for forgiveness in advance to anyone I will offend.

I understand the point of showing respect to others that would be deserving of it and the men of Led Zeppelin certainly are. If one were writing correspondence there would be a formality to addressing the recipient (Dear Mr. Robert Plant) or if meeting someone face to face there would be a respectful greeting ( Glad to meet you Mr.BonzoLikeDrummer :D ) until permission was given to be more familiar (Hey, hows it going Jimmy?)

That being said, we all come to this forum to discuss the men of Led Zeppelin and their music to no end and there is a certain level of familiarity to these men even tho vast majority of us have never met them. No disrespect intended, just alot of terms of endearment. Also, with the electronic modes of communication (text message, twitter and this internet forum)that we use there is a tendency to shorten names or reduce things and names to acronyms. (JPJ, BLD)

I understand the point of showing respect to others that would be deserving of it and the men of Led Zeppelin certainly are. If one were writing correspondence there would be a formality to addressing the recipient (Dear Mr. Robert Plant) or if meeting someone face to face there would be a respectful greeting ( Glad to meet you Mr.BonzoLikeDrummer :D ) until permission was given to be more familiar (Hey, hows it going Jimmy?)

That being said, we all come to this forum to discuss the men of Led Zeppelin and their music to no end and there is a certain level of familiarity to these men even tho vast majority of us have never met them. No disrespect intended, just alot of terms of endearment. Also, with the electronic modes of communication (text message, twitter and this internet forum)that we use there is a tendency to shorten names or reduce things and names to acronyms. (JPJ, BLD)

Exactly, we do take some of these simple forms of getting information from person to person for granted. But if you know anything about how it works, it is a very complex and energy consuming system. I do feel like friend's to the people in this group I've been chatting with for the better part of this year. But don't you still feel a bit distant from a normal friend ship relationship than your friend's you have actually meet from the start? It is weird and maybe even unhealthy to an extent, I don't know but I enjoy meeting/chatting with people on-line and have (over the 15+ years I've been on the net) met many online friends. :video_chat:

It's nothing at all like speaking to one another with your voice's or using old fashioned paper and pen. Like for example, if you speak to someone every day with your own two lip's you will get to know them in a personal way. They are in your space daily and you are comfortable with that so you will naturally relax and give a more casual dialect with them. But some one you first meet and on top of that they are a big star, you want to put a good foot forward with them so when they go, they have made a good impression of yourself.

This is understandable for someone who looks up to another, but these men we call Led Zeppelin are really just regular guy's inside! That's what I get from the interview's I've seen from them, they are real honest and see thing's as they are in truth.

A lot of people who strive to be, or, create something different, or some thing that is unique, will be quite honest with the thing's they deal with and what they are doing as well. If you put up a fake or overly proper out look and pay to much attention to formalities you will never achieve the individuality needed to come up with something new.

Proper etiquette is one thing but, squandering your self to beating the rational drum or a dead horse will still get you no where in the end.

Being to much of a socialite will get you a reputation for being phonie, being a rude and disruptive person will get you noticed but not for the right thing.

There is a fine line between all thing's even for being proper. B)

I can only say thing's about my relatively new language/culture cause it's the only one I know well enough to say good or bad. :)

Exactly, we do take some of these simple forms of getting information from person to person for granted. But if you know anything about how it works, it is a very complex and energy consuming system. I do feel like friend's to the people in this group I've been chatting with for the better part of this year. But don't you still feel a bit distant from a normal friend ship relationship than your friend's you have actually meet from the start? It is weird and maybe even unhealthy to an extent, I don't know but I enjoy meeting/chatting with people on-line and have (over the 15+ years I've been on the net) met many online friends. :video_chat:

Making friends via the internet is definately a unique sort of realationship and I find some of the freindships here are closer than with my neighbors who I've lived next to for years or the people I work with. I would bore my co workers to tears if I talked about Led Zeppelin to them like I do here. It is rather hard to find truly close friends like I had when I was younger. Life moves too fast to stop and forge those types of realationships anymore. Not to say I don't have any good friends. I also enjoy making on line friends across the continenent or on the other side of the world. Makes the world much smaller.

Hi 'ledzepfvr' and Dominika

There's a Few Nasty Ones as Well, and i'm one of them so watch it or i'll have the Language Police on too ya.:watchingyou:

I have a lot of respect for people who learn another Language besides English, "Clever Bastards" as me Grandad would call em, i only know Two, English and Cockney, and my Cockney is a Very Rare Dialect from an area called "Bow Locks" in London E3, come on now you must have heard me talikng a load of "Cockney Bow Locks" before? :lol:

Retards, Danny

There's a Few Nasty Ones as Well, and i'm one of them so watch it or i'll have the Language Police on too ya.:watchingyou:

I have a lot of respect for people who learn another Language besides English, "Clever Bastards" as me Grandad would call em, i only know Two, English and Cockney, and my Cockney is a Very Rare Dialect from an area called "Bow Locks" in London E3, come on now you must have heard me talikng a load of "Cockney Bow Locks" before? :lol:

Retards, Danny

Now that you mention it, you are a bloody cantankerous sort of fellow, and I mean that in the nicest way. :rolleyes:

Regards,

ledzepfvr

Making friends via the internet is definately a unique sort of realationship and I find some of the freindships here are closer than with my neighbors who I've lived next to for years or the people I work with. I would bore my co workers to tears if I talked about Led Zeppelin to them like I do here. It is rather hard to find truly close friends like I had when I was younger. Life moves too fast to stop and forge those types of realationships anymore. Not to say I don't have any good friends. I also enjoy making on line friends across the continenent or on the other side of the world. Makes the world much smaller.

You know, I do talk to you guy's more than I do my neighbors that live 50 or 100 feet from where I'm siting right now. Funny, we want to make friend's and have a positive relationship with our friends and neighbors but, we spend more time and effort talking to people that we will have a second thought about showing more that a picture or two of our selves to on the internet! And would never, ever, ever let them know our physical address! Are we wacky or what? ;)

That's all I got for this one. :blink:

So are they two girls or are they two boy's?

They do have nice voices.

Retards, Danny

Well hey now... Don't put yourself to much in the out and out's guy, you do start some interesting thread's! :)

Hi BonzoLikeDrummer. Good to see you around tonight. Yes, we ara a wacky bunch of people communicating through this electronic medium. I think some of the draw for having on line friendships is that if something should go bad you can "poof" just dissappear whereas if a friendship goes bad with a neighbor they could turn out to be the neighbor from hell. The only way to get away from that is to move. People are reluctant to put themselves out there because of all the weird stuff that can happen. Kind of sad in a way. I remember seeing a movie along time ago where this outsider ended up on Earth that had been deserted (not sure why) except for 2 people and they only communicated by electronic messenging because they were too scared to actually meet each other.

Hi BonzoLikeDrummer. Good to see you around tonight. Yes, we ara a wacky bunch of people communicating through this electronic medium. I think some of the draw for having on line friendships is that if something should go bad you can "poof" just dissappear whereas if a friendship goes bad with a neighbor they could turn out to be the neighbor from hell. The only way to get away from that is to move. People are reluctant to put themselves out there because of all the weird stuff that can happen. Kind of sad in a way. I remember seeing a movie along time ago where this outsider ended up on Earth that had been deserted (not sure why) except for 2 people and they only communicated by electronic messenging because they were too scared to actually meet each other.

Hello ledzepfvr my new friend, Yeah, much easier (and cheaper) to change your email than your actual! I've known of people that moved from where they lived because of there neighbors where a pain or they just figured they where out of there mind or something.

Isn't it funny how an assumption can make life so difficult for someone? I think that I ran off one of my neighbor's when I first moved here a few years ago, mind you I wasn't trying to be scary! In fact, I tried to be a friendly neighbor (as I am a friendly person). Maybe I'm now making an assumption? :blink: Don't know. :D

Oh well, I can have an adverse effect on women, even if I'm not interested in them sexually, I've had some women say to me that I'm "too" nice a guy. That means to me that it's time to move on the the next opportunity, no matter how I was conveying my status!

Communication is what it's all about and like Pink Floyd said...

"Once we lived like animal's, then we learned to talk" :phone:

Hello ledzepfvr my new friend, Yeah, much easier (and cheaper) to change your email than your actual! I've known of people that moved from where they lived because of there neighbors where a pain or they just figured they where out of there mind or something.

Isn't it funny how an assumption can make life so difficult for someone? I think that I ran off one of my neighbor's when I first moved here a few years ago, mind you I wasn't trying to be scary! In fact, I tried to be a friendly neighbor (as I am a friendly person). Maybe I'm now making an assumption? :blink: Don't know. :D

Oh well, I can have an adverse effect on women, even if I'm not interested in them sexually, I've had some women say to me that I'm "too" nice a guy. That means to me that it's time to move on the the next opportunity, no matter how I was conveying my status!

Communication is what it's all about and like Pink Floyd said...

"Once we lived like animal's, then we learned to talk" :phone:

Well I don't think I've scared anyone out of the neighborhood but I do think I've had a couple of salesmen at work scared of me. I'm really a likeable person but I do demand efficient professionalism at work.

I hope our forum didn't scare Dominika away, as I haven't seen her back.

Well I don't think I've scared anyone out of the neighborhood but I do think I've had a couple of salesmen at work scared of me. I'm really a likeable person but I do demand efficient professionalism at work.

Thats right! Dominika hasn't been back has she? ROCK ON FOREVER my dear!

I wouldn't put you down for running off a salesman anyways!

You know, I am a consumer but, the one's that I run into are selling what I don't want or just can't afford to buy! :D

Now that you mention it, you are a bloody cantankerous sort of fellow, and I mean that in the nicest way. :rolleyes:

Regards,

ledzepfvr

So Sorry 'ledzepfvr' i missed this post of yours, i will make amends now.

Guilty as Charged.

Bang to Rights.

You have my Number and its Up.

And i know you are being nice to me, but it wont work, if i ever get the chance i'll be as " bloody cantankerous " as i can be and you wont get away scott free unless you're my Friend, and even that might not work for you, as ZFF has found out on many occasions. :lol:

Kind Regards, Danny

So Sorry 'ledzepfvr' i missed this post of yours, i will make amends now.

Guilty as Charged.

Bang to Rights.

You have my Number and its Up.

And i know you are being nice to me, but it wont work, if i ever get the chance i'll be as " bloody cantankerous " as i can be and you wont get away scott free unless you're my Friend, and even that might not work for you, as ZFF has found out on many occasions. :lol:

Kind Regards, Danny

Hello BIGDAN, I was wondering when I would get a response from you on my post. I was PLEASANTLY surprised on how easy you were on me as I had braced myself for your usually intense responses.

Rest assured, that in the future, I will have my armoured thick skin on when our fingertips again tangle in this threaded fabric of the Led Zeppelin forum. I would expect, when the occasion calls for it, for you to be nothing less than cantankerous. :D

Respectfully yours, ledzepfvr

Archived