it might get loud blue ray release date

metalhead16

i was searching for the release date for it might get loud for dvd online and i came across a site that confirmed it. it will be released on blue ray December 22!

Thanks for the info! I cannot wait for it to be released! (I didn't get to see it at the theatre :( ) Just in time for Christmas! :D

*rushes to Microsoft Word to add it to Christmas list*

i did not see it in the theaters because it was not at a theater near me . its kinda dumb that they didnt release it to ALL the theaters. I know spinal tap was ! but heres the big question.will page finally work on the o2 footage now that he has all this spare time????

i did not see it in the theaters because it was not at a theater near me . its kinda dumb that they didnt release it to ALL the theaters. I know spinal tap was ! but heres the big question.will page finally work on the o2 footage now that he has all this spare time????

I would rather that he worked on new music, which he has been saying hes been doing for years now.

I was happy to see this thread & IMGL's release date on DVD because I had missed seeing the film when I was still living in NYC. I moved to NH & I thought "well I'm just going have to wait until it FINALLY comes out on DVD". Well, the film came to Dartmouth College last night for one night only & I jumped to go see it. It was fantastic. One of the best music documentary's I've ever seen, regardless if Page was in it or not. Without giving the whole movie away my favorite scenes with Page are these:

1) Jimmy playing "Ramble On" in the studio. Describing the verses going into the chorus as "a whisper to a thunder".

2) Page going back to Headley Grange & Jimmy looking very emotional & letting out a big sigh as he walked through it's doors. He then shows the camera crew where he recorded Bonzo's drums during "Levee" with various clips of Bonzo playing.

3) 8mm home footage of Zeppelin fooling around on the lawn of Headley Grange. I'd never seen any of that before.

4) Jimmy as he is today playing "Evermore" on mandolin on the lawn of Headley Grange.

5) 8mm footage of Jimmy pre-Zeppelin & pre-Yardbirds when he was doing session work on his way to the studio. I had ever seen any of that footage before.

6) The Edge teaching Jimmy & Jack to play the riff to U2's "I Will Follow". Jimmy seemed shocked by the chords to it.

7) Jimmy in the studio playing a new song/work in progress called "Embyo #2" on a blonde Telecaster with a black pick guard I've never seen him play before.

8)Jimmy, Jack, & The Edge jamming on "In My Time Of Dying". Definately the musical highlight of the film. All 3 played terrifically together.

9) Jimmy showing the Edge & Jack White how to play the Theremin. Jack seemed entranced. Jimmy said "it doesn't have 6 strings but it's a lot of fun" before cracking up.

10) The 3 of them jamming on "The Weight" by the Band. Jimmy got in a couple of unintentional funny lines before they started playing. Great jam.

All in all a great film. Jack is probably the main focus of the 3 as he was coming up with new songs during the filming & full of youthfull exhuberance. The Edge comes off as a guy maintaining a huge career while always trying to search for new inspiration as the clock is ticking. Jimmy comes off as a guy looking back on his triumphs & his career as it's soon to call it a day. At one point Jimmy walks back into Headley Grange with his mandolin to the strain of "Ten Years Gone" & closes the door & as a Page fan you can't help but feel emotional about it.

• 1 month later...

Amazon is selling the Blu-Ray for $22.99 and you can order in advance of the 22nd.

I was happy to see this thread & IMGL's release date on DVD because I had missed seeing the film when I was still living in NYC. I moved to NH & I thought "well I'm just going have to wait until it FINALLY comes out on DVD". Well, the film came to Dartmouth College last night for one night only & I jumped to go see it. It was fantastic. One of the best music documentary's I've ever seen, regardless if Page was in it or not. Without giving the whole movie away my favorite scenes with Page are these:

1) Jimmy playing "Ramble On" in the studio. Describing the verses going into the chorus as "a whisper to a thunder".

2) Page going back to Headley Grange & Jimmy looking very emotional & letting out a big sigh as he walked through it's doors. He then shows the camera crew where he recorded Bonzo's drums during "Levee" with various clips of Bonzo playing.

3) 8mm home footage of Zeppelin fooling around on the lawn of Headley Grange. I'd never seen any of that before.

4) Jimmy as he is today playing "Evermore" on mandolin on the lawn of Headley Grange.

5) 8mm footage of Jimmy pre-Zeppelin & pre-Yardbirds when he was doing session work on his way to the studio. I had ever seen any of that footage before.

6) The Edge teaching Jimmy & Jack to play the riff to U2's "I Will Follow". Jimmy seemed shocked by the chords to it.

7) Jimmy in the studio playing a new song/work in progress called "Embyo #2" on a blonde Telecaster with a black pick guard I've never seen him play before.

8)Jimmy, Jack, & The Edge jamming on "In My Time Of Dying". Definately the musical highlight of the film. All 3 played terrifically together.

9) Jimmy showing the Edge & Jack White how to play the Theremin. Jack seemed entranced. Jimmy said "it doesn't have 6 strings but it's a lot of fun" before cracking up.

10) The 3 of them jamming on "The Weight" by the Band. Jimmy got in a couple of unintentional funny lines before they started playing. Great jam.

All in all a great film. Jack is probably the main focus of the 3 as he was coming up with new songs during the filming & full of youthfull exhuberance. The Edge comes off as a guy maintaining a huge career while always trying to search for new inspiration as the clock is ticking. Jimmy comes off as a guy looking back on his triumphs & his career as it's soon to call it a day. At one point Jimmy walks back into Headley Grange with his mandolin to the strain of "Ten Years Gone" & closes the door & as a Page fan you can't help but feel emotional about it.

I bought this dvd yesterday and watched it by lunch. it was great, nice documentary of all three, edited really well with no lulls in the movie. its cool how they had the parts of them playing together and talking, interspersed throughout. the stories of each of their struggles with the guitar in regards to a career, were interesting. it would be a good message for a kid, teenager, or twenty something trying to figure out what they want to do, with anything they are interested in, with the process of learning and such. very cool movie and the extras are good too. i was expecting the hall of headley grange, where john bonham played when the levee breaks to be huge, interesting part of the movie.

I bought this dvd yesterday and watched it by lunch. it was great, nice documentary of all three, edited really well with no lulls in the movie. its cool how they had the parts of them playing together and talking, interspersed throughout. the stories of each of their struggles with the guitar in regards to a career, were interesting. it would be a good message for a kid, teenager, or twenty something trying to figure out what they want to do, with anything they are interested in, with the process of learning and such. very cool movie and the extras are good too. i was expecting the hall of headley grange, where john bonham played when the levee breaks to be huge, interesting part of the movie.

Many Thanks for not mentioning what the extras are. I'm picking it up later today and I promise not to talk about the extras until after Christmas!

I just got my copy from Amazon and it is a fine film. But for me I can't for the life of me figure out why the "Extra" or "deleted scene" of Jimmy showing the Edge and White how Kashmir came about. The look on their faces is priceless as Jimmy goes through the riff and they then join in. To think this was left out of the theatrical released is puzzling. Ohter then that great to see Jimmy with a guitar in his hands at anytime.

I got my copy too (of the DVD) and it's wonderful. :) The extras are great too, and yes the Kashmir part was great, all great. Very happy camper here. :D The Embryo bits aren't quite what I remembered them to be (they're better :) ) and it's good to have my memory refreshed so refreshingly. :hurrah:

The movie was better than I expected...it was truly about the music and the influences behind each guitarist. Of course Jimmy was great, but I gained a new level of respect for all three. Everyone in my household enjoyed the movie. Blue-ray is the way to go...the movie comes alive as a result. Awesome!

I got my copy too (of the DVD) and it's wonderful. :) The extras are great too, and yes the Kashmir part was great, all great. Very happy camper here. :D The Embryo bits aren't quite what I remembered them to be (they're better :) ) and it's good to have my memory refreshed so refreshingly. :hurrah:

Archived