Interracial couple denied marriage license in Louisiana

Electrophile

Governor Bobby Jindahl has ordered an investigation into the justices' past practices as this may not be an isolated incident, the justices has been in office for more than 30 years the Governor also stated that his license be revoked.

The mayor of Hammond, LA made a statement saying the justice has no connections with his town and that he was a parish elected official.

The justice was quoted saying " I'm not a racist and that I have piles and piles of black friends"

piles and piles? Makes one wonder if maybe they should dig up his back yard!

You can stick a fork in this guy he's done!

I believe TypeO may be on to something, see the town that this justice works out of is a very small town with a pop. of less than 10k and word gets around fast. I'd be willing to bet that this isn't the first time he's turned a couple away and maybe they wanted to out him.

It is an election year here so he may have commited political suicide, we'll see how the community responds.

I tend to agree with you and Type O about that. Sounds like this isn't the first time.

Yeah, he's done like dinner

I believe TypeO may be on to something, see the town that this justice works out of is a very small town with a pop. of less than 10k and word gets around fast. I'd be willing to bet that this isn't the first time he's turned a couple away and maybe they wanted to out him.

It is an election year here so he may have commited political suicide, we'll see how the community responds.

Pictures at 11..... :shifty:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived