Zep songs you "should" like, but don't?

dpat

Achilles Last Stand, For Your Life and In My Time of Dying.

If the Zep get accused sometimes of bloat, excess and overindulgence then the above three songs I cannot defend. They just seem to go on and on and on forever and I never cared for them.

Two others would be You Shook Me and I Can't Quit You Babe (studio versions). Dull go nowhere basic blues standards by Dixon (no wonder it took other bands for him to become famous) that are boring as 'songs'. Only Zep's musical personality livens these dull songs up.

Down by The Seaside....I can't stand it.

Neither can I stand Hot Dog nor Carouselambra.

Actually I just can't see why anyone "should" like them. :ph34r:

I wouldn't argue with the last two but I can't see how anyone cannot love Down By The Seaside. It's beautiful whimsy, nice lyrics, Plant's voice is soulful, Jimmy's guitar is beautiful, Joneseys electric piano is sublime and Bonzo's drumming just holds the whole thing together fantastically well. One of Zeppelin's finest written and perfectly excecuted pieces they ever did.

Hmm this is a very hard topic to discuss. But id have to say that im not very fond of Hot Dog. It just sounds too rockabilly its not my cup of tea. And id guess im starting to get tired of Going to California this song just gets played too DAMN much.

Sorry Mate but i dont agree, there seems to be some that are not "FANATICS", they merely Show an Interest in Led Zeppelin, just look at some Avatars or Signatures, they tell there own story, and that is that Other Bands are Dearer to these Members than Led Zeppelin Are.

Damn right Big Dan. What pees me off about some of the folks posting here is that they get surprised, even irked, when some people (on a LED ZEPPELIN BOARD) profess that Zep were the greatest thing since sliced bread. I mean, what do they expect? Do they expect them to say the Beatles were?

Mind boggling! :o

Damn right Big Dan. What pees me off about some of the folks posting here is that they get surprised, even irked, when some people (on a LED ZEPPELIN BOARD) profess that Zep were the greatest thing since sliced bread. I mean, what do they expect? Do they expect them to say the Beatles were?

Actually some members here have stated while they are huge Zep fans and consider them one of their favorites, they aren't THE favorite to all and I don't see anything wrong in that. They're here because they're fans :)

Actually some members here have stated while they are huge Zep fans and consider them one of their favorites, they aren't THE favorite to all and I don't see anything wrong in that. They're here because they're fans :)

Hi ninelives! How are you? I miss you! Very well said dear! ROCK ON FOREVER my dear!

Ha Ha Ha :lol:

Hi Mangani,

Then let me "Pee" you off, maybe even "Irke" you a little when i say that "Sliced Bread" doesnt even come close to the "Greatness" of Led Zeppelin, "Heinz Baked Beans" come close, but not that close. :lol:

Achilles Last Stand, For Your Life and In My Time of Dying.

Ifthe Zep get accused sometimes of bloat, excess and overindulgence thenthe above three songs I cannot defend. They just seem to go on and onand on forever and I never cared for them.

Two others would beYou Shook Me and I Can't Quit You Babe (studio versions). Dull gonowhere basic blues standards by Dixon (no wonder it took other bandsfor him to become famous) that are boring as 'songs'. Only Zep'smusical personality livens these dull songs up.

You are definatly not a "Knight of the Temple of Led Zeppelin" are you? Brother!!!

TemplarLedZep.jpg

"Achilles Last Stand" "For Your Life" "In My Time of Dying"

Will be Carved your on your Headstone as Your Epitaph for Eternity.

Regards, Brother BIGDAN

PS, If you do want to become a "Knight of the Temple of Led Zeppelin"

then please fill out the form on our web site and send two Passport sized photos to us at.

www."Knight's of the Temple of Led Zeppelin"@whogivesafcuk.com

PPS, "We Come From The Land Of The Ice And Snow" So dont Fcuk with the Brethren.

Hmmmmm I don't know why you quoted me because I wasn't really arguing that. I didn't say everyone here has to have Led Zeppelin as their number one band. I don't think that at all.

As I said already, what pees me off is people being surprised and even acting irked that some folks here on THIS (Led Zeppelin) board genuinely have the opinion that Led Zeppelin are the bee's bollocks and that nobody comes close to them and yes I have had that happen to me here. This opinion (that Led Zeppelin are the greatest) is to be entirely EXPECTED on a Led Zeppelin fan site. This isn't a Pink Floyd or a Rolling Stones message board. It's a LED ZEPPELIN message board. If you are going to get people thinking Led Zeppelin are gods who rule above all others.............well it's gonna be here isn't it????? :)

Big Dan,

Don't get me wrong. I don't 'dislike' the aforementioned songs. I just don't particularly care for them a great deal. I can understand why folks like those songs, but they aren't amongst my favourites. :)

Hmmmmm I don't know why you quoted me because I wasn't really arguing that. I didn't say everyone here has to have Led Zeppelin as their number one band. I don't think that at all.

As I said already, what pees me off is people being surprised and even acting irked that some folks here on THIS (Led Zeppelin) board genuinely have the opinion that Led Zeppelin are the bee's bollocks and that nobody comes close to them and yes I have had that happen to me here. This opinion (that Led Zeppelin are the greatest) is to be entirely EXPECTED on a Led Zeppelin fan site. This isn't a Pink Floyd or a Rolling Stones message board. It's a LED ZEPPELIN message board. If you are going to get people thinking Led Zeppelin are gods who rule above all others.............well it's gonna be here isn't it????? :)

Big Dan,

Don't get me wrong. I don't 'dislike' the aforementioned songs. I just don't particularly care for them a great deal. I can understand why folks like those songs, but they aren't amongst my favourites. :)

Hi Mangani,

No trouble at all mate, but you know you can only be a "Sergent" in the Brethren dont you? no Knightly Status for you mate. :o:lol:

Kind Regards, Danny

I'm not surprised/irked/annoyed/bothered/angered/upset that there are people here who think everything Led Zeppelin did is awesome and in their opinion, are the greatest band ever. I've never said as much, intimated as much or otherwise let on that I think that. I've always maintained that people can feel however they want about whatever they want and whoever they want, musically.

So I have no frackin' clue what you're talking about or who you're directing it to, although considering the fact you mentioned Pink Floyd and The Rolling Stones, I'd have to imagine it's me and LesPaul.

The only beef I've ever had with a topic like this is when you say you don't care for a song/album and then someone comes along and tells you "How can you not like that song! Are you stupid! Are you crazy!". That hasn't happened yet, but it's happened in the past.

Some of you get way too damn serious about this.

Thank you. At least someone around here gets it.

BTW, what do people's avatars/signatures have to do with anything? Are the members here not allowed to profess a fondness for other bands or something? We're all here because we love Led Zeppelin. We are however, allowed to love other bands/artists too.

:huh::huh:

No need to post any wikipedia links, I know very well what a lobotomy is. As well as an ophthalmologist or an optician.

Liking ALL Led Zeppelin songs doesn't make you a better fan than me.

And I assure you I have more than an interest in Led Zeppelin, otherwise I'd not have traveled alone to London for the LZ O2 concert, all the way from Brazil, leaving husband and kids at home.

I don't have to proove to you I'm a fanatic, because, really I'm not.

I'm a fan.

B)

Hi 'brspled'

You already have proved to me you are a "Fanatic" you came all the way fron Brazil to London to see Led Zeppelin, thats more than i have ever traveled to any Concert, Led Zeppelin or Not. :notworthy:

As you well know, a "Fan" is short for "Fanatic", so your are one whether you like it or not.

Now if you go back and review your original Post that i Replied too, you will see why you Provoked my Post, if not then please take up my Advice which i Posted in my Post. ;)

I was just responding to you saying this, "Actually I just can't see why anyone "should" like them." now are you getting the Picture?

Regards, Danny

If you are going to get people thinking Led Zeppelin are gods who rule above all others.............well it's gonna be here isn't it?????

Don't get me wrong. I don't 'dislike' the aforementioned songs. I just don't particularly care for them a great deal. I can understand why folks like those songs, but they aren't amongst my favourites.

I agree 100% BIGDAN. While it doesn't irk me persay that people who don't like LZ are here, it does make me question why someone would bother. Unless some people just like starting confrontations.

BTW, what do people's avatars/signatures have to do with anything? Are the members here not allowed to profess a fondness for other bands or something? We're all here because we love Led Zeppelin. We are however, allowed to love other bands/artists too.

I'm really anal about everything matching, so if you're on a Beatles thread, your avatar should say something about that band, etc. :D Otherwise, heck yeah, come on in, join the discussion. Not everyone here has to be obsessed with LZ.

Peace and love, people. Peace and love.

If you are going to get people thinking Led Zeppelin are gods who rule above all others.............well it's gonna be here isn't it?????

Don't get me wrong. I don't 'dislike' the aforementioned songs. I just don't particularly care for them a great deal. I can understand why folks like those songs, but they aren't amongst my favourites.

I agree 100% BIGDAN. While it doesn't irk me persay that people who don't like LZ are here, it does make me question why someone would bother. Unless some people just like starting confrontations.

Hi 'imPLANTed' and thank you,

Led Zeppelin is My God, whom i Worship Part of Everyday, why i spend more time listening to them than a Hooker does on her Back, you understand that i mean the "Music" not the Personalities dont you?

But i'm not one for saying only Led Zeppelin Fans should be allowed on this Forum, far from it, we need "Outsiders" to show us that there is another World and another Life Outside of Led Zeppelin dont we? The more Diverse this Forum gets the More Whole it will become. So i for one welcome "All Alien Music Lifeforms" to our Heavenly Site. :thumbsup:

I'mreally anal about everything matching, so if you're on a Beatlesthread, your avatar should say something about that band, etc. :D Otherwise, heck yeah, come on in, join the discussion. Not everyone here has to be obsessed with LZ.

Peace and love, people. Peace and love.

A Picture Paints a Thousand Words, Your Avatar or Signature says more about you than Words Ever Can.

As you said 'imPLANTed' "Not everyone here has to be obsessed with LZ." and it would be better for us all if they werent, heck it would end up like a Church/Synagogue/Mosque and nobody wants that, do they.:thumbsup::lol:

Regards, Danny

That's what I was going for......B)

Hi '59LesPaul'

Yes, your Avatar does remind me a bit of Keith Richards, i bet you get mistaken for him all the time mate, i popped round to Micks Old House the other week but he wasent in, his Mum said "He's a Naughty Boy staying out all night long" still it takes all sorts dont it?

And you got it by the way, good on ya.

Kind Regards, Danny

Hi '59LesPaul'

Yes, your Avatar does remind me a bit of Keith Richards, i bet you get mistaken for him all the time mate, i popped round to Micks Old House the other week but he wasent in, his Mum said "He's a Naughty Boy staying out all night long" still it takes all sorts dont it?

And you got it by the way, good on ya.

Kind Regards, Danny

Yes it does..

Mick is still out being naughty.

I'm not going to say "all the time" but it does happen.B)

I have succeeded because my avatars on every board I'm a member of are a reflection of me.Some more than others,but that basic idea is there.

There is a difference between "fan" and "fanatic" by the way,and that difference is degrees.;)

Yes it does..

Mick is still out being naughty.

I'm not going to say "all the time" but it does happen.B)

I have succeeded because my avatars on every board I'm a member of are a reflection of me.Some more than others,but that basic idea is there.

There is a difference between "fan" and "fanatic" by the way,and that difference is degrees.;)

Hi '59LesPaul'

I just thought "Fanatic" had more letters in it than "Fan" does, we call those "Lesser Mentaly Deranged People" "Supporters" over in my neck of the woods, thats where i might have been misundestanding People on here, and i Humbly Apologise for my Mistake, I'm still a "Greater Mentaly Deranged Person " or as you would call me, a "Fanatic" as far as Led Zeppelin is concerned. ;)

Kind Regards, Danny

Thank you. At least someone around here gets it.

I don't know about the avatar/signature thing. To me they're reflective of who we are and whether that is relating to Zep or something else, shouldn't and doesn't matter IMO.

Hi '59LesPaul'

I just thought "Fanatic" had more letters in it than "Fan" does, we call those "Lesser Mentaly Deranged People" "Supporters" over in my neck of the woods, thats where i might have been misundestanding People on here, and i Humbly Apologise for my Mistake, I'm still a "Greater Mentaly Deranged Person " or as you would call me, a "Fanatic" as far as Led Zeppelin is concerned. ;)

Kind Regards, Danny

So I gathered Danny.....and there's not a fucking thing wrong with it.B)

I don't know about the avatar/signature thing. To me they're reflective of who we are and whether that is relating to Zep or something else, shouldn't and doesn't matter IMO.

Exactly......

I think everyone feels this way,it's just that some are aware of it,and some aren't.

Edited to add: Yes, imPLANTed,I am.

This thread has evolved into an

Oh Brother :rolleyes:

It's beyond hero worship and fanaticism. It's gone nutso.

Hi 'dogtired' and i am too.

Do you mean the TV show with Derek Nimo as Brother Domonic?

The rest i totally agree with.

Regards, Danny

Archived