To end Zeppelin

dan67

what is not that well known is that zep's 1980 proposed north american tour,was almost called off because plant was not really interested.also,late in the 80s and early 90s,plant would sometimes refer to the shambolic state of latter day zeppelin,no doubt reffering to page.outside projects were also mentioned,even during zep.

Well, I guess I don't know much about Led Zeppelin because both claims are news to me. When the band returned to England from the Over Europe '80 tour Robert Plant turned to Peter Grant on the tarmac and said he would do a US

tour provided it run no longer than a month. Consequently, the tour dates announced ran for precisely a month and

the first rehearsal was held on that tragic night in September 1980 while tickets were on sale in Chicago. The only

comments I can recall concerning outside projects during the Led Zeppelin era are the opposite of what you state -

they all felt there little point to any solo projects as there wasn't anyone else they'd rather be making music with.

Archived