Biggest Rockstar!

yourbiggestfan16

:blink: I've never tried to choose between the two of them. They're both #1 in my books. I supposed it would be Robert Plant for me only because I've watched him in concert more than Jim Morrison... so I'm kind of biased (sadly). How about you?

When you think about it, not many really qualify for that lofty moniker (rock star) I can only think of five or six before it starts to get fuzzy. I don't mean to hijack the thread, but my friend and I were just recently talking about this, how they don't make 'em like they used to. Once upon a time, there were ROCK STARS. People would try to copy, for example, how Jimmy Page would get into a limo! Jim Morrison. Jimi Hendrix. Keith Richards. David Bowie. Who are some others? One criteria, I think, is that they look comfortable in an outrageous get-up. They can't appear to be trying too hard. (This is why Hendrix rules!) I await your nominees. Or I can start a new thread, whatever.

Whenyou think about it, not many really qualify for that lofty moniker(rock star) I can only think of five or six before it starts to getfuzzy. I don't mean to hijack the thread, but my friend and I were justrecently talking about this, how they don't make 'em like they used to.Once upon a time, there were ROCK STARS. People would try to copy, forexample, how Jimmy Page would get into a limo! Jim Morrison. JimiHendrix. Keith Richards. David Bowie.

Which one of those guys still lives like the rock stars of an era gone by?.........

B)

Rockstar Poll!

Who does everyone think is the biggest rockstar?

Jim Morrison or Robert Plant?

...legends...

The Biggest Rock Star, in Western World and supported by the Rest of the World is ELVIS PRESLEY, The King......

Michael Jackson is too among the legends, but the No. 1 Spot you have asked,belongs to the KING...

:)

I don't see it as a very fair comparison as Jim Morrison's life was cut short in his prime.

In his prime?

No way. Morrison had already reached his prime and was on a downward spiral. Morrison died in 1971 not 1967. The Doors and Morrison had largely become irrelevant by the dawn of the 1970s.

Robert Plant.

"Jim", as My Dear Old Nan would have said, "You should have kept it in you're Trousers Boy" just like Robert does, getting your "Dick Out" on Stage is just no way of Becoming a "Rock Star" is it?

The Biggest "Cock Star", Now that would be "Hard" to Chose as i've only seen Jim's. :lol:

Very Kind Regards, Danny and ROCK ON FOREVER my friend ROF ROF ROF HA HA HA

In his prime?

No way. Morrison had already reached his prime and was on a downward spiral. Morrison died in 1971 not 1967. The Doors and Morrison had largely become irrelevant by the dawn of the 1970s.

Well in my 13 year old mind he was in his prime and I was heartbroken when he died.

Oh sure, I had hear about some of the weird stuff that was going on but my skeptical mind or maybe denial didn't beleive the self destruction. I wasn't old enough for my parents to let me go to concerts to witness things for myself.

No one will ever know what Jim may have accomplished had he survived the bottom of the downward spiral instead of becoming another statistic of self destructive rock stars.

Archived