drinking heavily

shesjustawoman

I know exactly how you feel and I have witnessed it before. I am in college right now, as a freshman, and alcohol is so easily accessible. [All I have to do is knock on the next dorm over]

But I was afraid to drink heavily, not because of the alcohol, but because of the fear of date rape drugs. I don't know if that sounds rational, but that is what truly stopped me from drinking so much. But then again, alcohol, in itself, can be a date rape drug, so my point becomes moot.

I even said to myself before going to college, "I will not drink at all in college." I was extremely wrong, but then I did find my limit as other people have mentioned. It came to the point in which I didn't throw up at all anymore and then it even came to the point in which I didn't have hangovers.

Drinking in moderation is never a bad thing. A few drinks once a week won't do as much damage as drinking bottles and bottles everyday. I see a good drink [and only one glass] as a reward for working really hard. [like passing all the finals] or I see a good drink as a way to relax with friends I can trust in a mellow atmosphere [and that is like if I haven't seen a good friend in a while]. That helps me a lot. I got sick of the party scene very quickly, as men there are hornier than jackrabbits and I didn't want to deal with that anymore

I know exactly how you feel and I have witnessed it before. I am in college right now, as a freshman, and alcohol is so easily accessible. [All I have to do is knock on the next dorm over]

But I was afraid to drink heavily, not because of the alcohol, but because of the fear of date rape drugs. I don't know if that sounds rational, but that is what truly stopped me from drinking so much. But then again, alcohol, in itself, can be a date rape drug, so my point becomes moot.

I even said to myself before going to college, "I will not drink at all in college." I was extremely wrong, but then I did find my limit as other people have mentioned. It came to the point in which I didn't throw up at all anymore and then it even came to the point in which I didn't have hangovers.

Drinking in moderation is never a bad thing. A few drinks once a week won't do as much damage as drinking bottles and bottles everyday. I see a good drink [and only one glass] as a reward for working really hard. [like passing all the finals] or I see a good drink as a way to relax with friends I can trust in a mellow atmosphere [and that is like if I haven't seen a good friend in a while]. That helps me a lot. I got sick of the party scene very quickly, as men there are hornier than jackrabbits and I didn't want to deal with that anymore

Good for you! Now, after you've been around a few more decade's (or understand we that have) as we and some of the others who have been chiming in here have, you'll find out that the date rape drug's will work with a glass of water! So, just because your not drinking, will not save you from a possible rape situation! If you don't trust some guy, don't go out with him in the first place, and don't hang around him ether! You don't have to lock yourself in the dorm room all night just hang out with kid's you trust.

And don't look at drinking (any amount) as a reward, your not a trained animal, your a person. If you want to finish your meal or the evening with a drink, fine. Keeping up with your intake is cool, just don't let it rule your free time because if you worry to much about how much your over doing it you will still become addicted to it in any amount.

Good for you! Now, after you've been around a few more decade's (or understand we that have) as we and some of the others who have been chiming in here have, you'll find out that the date rape drug's will work with a glass of water! So, just because your not drinking, will not save you from a possible rape situation! If you don't trust some guy, don't go out with him in the first place, and don't hang around him ether! You don't have to lock yourself in the dorm room all night just hang out with kid's you trust.

And don't look at drinking (any amount) as a reward, your not a trained animal, your a person. If you want to finish your meal or the evening with a drink, fine. Keeping up with your intake is cool, just don't let it rule your free time because if you worry to much about how much your over doing it you will still become addicted to it in any amount.

I know that rape doesn't have to involve alcohol or drugs. I do know that using drugs can make you lower your inhibitions and just affect your mentality in a way that you become more vulnerable. This is why I personally avoid drugs because I don't want to let it affect me like that. [well except for alcohol, in which I know it takes time to learn to use it wisely]. I never said I could never get raped, I am just saying I don't want to become even more out of control in such a situation. Now just because I don't drink all the time, you think I lock myself up in my dorm room? I do avoid the party scene [where it seems to only revolve around alcohol] but that doesn't mean I can't hang out with my friends and have fun.[there are other fun activities to do besides drinking]

I know you can use date rape drugs with water, but it does make it taste a strange way [when you drink water] and you feel something foreign or strange about it, so with water, it's a bit easier to know something strange is going on in your drink. When drinking alcohol, you expect to feel different because it's a drug in itself.

I don't see myself as a trained animal. Maybe I said it in a wrong way, I only meant to say I enjoy one glass of beer or one shot of vodka as a way to relax from finishing something extremely stressful. Everyone has their own way of drinking, I don't see anything wrong with drinking a little to mellow out in some situations. The party scene is not my thing at all, if other people like it, it doesn't bother me.

Everyone (unless they have health or mental issues relating to drink) should go out and get drunk at least once in a while. It's not harmful at all.

It'll make you a better person and not so stuck up.

While getting drunk once in a while is not harmful, I don't feel the need to go out and do it. It doesn't interest me. Furthermore, I hate being around drunks. So why let myself get into that state? Also, getting drunk will not make you a better person. Getting drunk because you think it'll change you or make you more appealing is the sign of a serious problem.

While getting drunk once in a while is not harmful, I don't feel the need to go out and do it. It doesn't interest me. Furthermore, I hate being around drunks. So why let myself get into that state? Also, getting drunk will not make you a better person. Getting drunk because you think it'll change you or make you more appealing is the sign of a serious problem.

Yeah, nothing immoral or wrong about drinking. It's just you don't need to get drunk to have a good time.

While getting drunk once in a while is not harmful, I don't feel the need to go out and do it. It doesn't interest me.

It does me. It's a great laugh. :D

Besides, THE ABSOLUTE NICEST places for being out where I live are the gorgeous old inns and country pubs here. They are far more appealing and welcoming than restaurants or tea/coffee houses. The old pubs here are full of character and history and they are an absolute pleasure to be in. And you know what? I've never seen anyone boistrous or causing a nuisance in these places, mostly because the younger folks who can't handle their drink tend to stay in the town pubs near the nightclubs.

Furthermore, I hate being around drunks.

Of course. Everyone does if they are sober. Even I hate being around drunks if I am sober, just like I hate being around people stuffing their faces with food if I'm not eating too. I can't stand people cramming food into their fat gobs if I'm not in the least bit hungry myself.

However, join them in getting merry and drunk and it can be a barrel of laughs.

So why let myself get into that state?

Being drunk doesn't have to be a 'state'. Being paralytic is a 'state', but you can be drunk and not be in a state. You're falling into the usual trap of folks who don't drink. I got drunk on Saturday night but I wasn't in a 'state'. Not in the least. I had 6 big bottles of beer followed by a nice bottle of red wine and I would say I was drunk. Was I slobbering around the place dribbling or falling down and making a nuisance of myself? Nup. I had a good laugh, got a bit tired then went to bed.

Also, getting drunk will not make you a better person.

I beg to differ. The most boring and stuck up people I have ever met in my life are those that don't touch the stuff. They tend to be, in the main, wet blankets.

Getting drunk because you think it'll change you or make you more appealing is the sign of a serious problem.

I get drunk coz I love the taste of booze and it's a great feeling being lightheaded and giddy. Of course, you need to know your limits but, being used to drinking, I can feel that limit coming on and I stop before I get to 'blank out' state.

Getting drunk has never been a problem for me, and nor is it a problem for most people. As I said, people have been doing it for thousands of years. It's not a new phenomenon. In England during Elisabethan times the staple drink in the cities was beer, because the water was too damn horrible and unhealthy to drink. Back then even breakfast consisted of lots of beer. Oh how I wish those days would return. :D

Archived