Robert Plant and Glastonbury 2010.

glicine

I don't even know why Amy Winehouse was brought up, this is about Robert Plant.

Led Zeppelin's Robert Plant In Talks With Michael Eavis About Glastonbury 2010

Will the rock legends reform?...

* by Scott Colothan

* Monday, October 26, 2009

* Photo by: WENN.com

* filed in: Festivals Rock

2009Qawards4-1.jpg

Courtesy: Getty Images

Very nice that Robert Plant received this award. Thank you to Amy Winehouse for her commentary during this presentation.

Well said Mona!!! I happen to like Amy's music a lot. I think she's very talented. I feel bad she struggles with addiction and I do hope she can overcome it and continue to make music. I don't think she should have heckled Robert but I don't think she needs to be trashed and labeled a horror because of it. I can think of far worse things rock stars have done.

Hi 9

This a Forum where Robert Plant is "GOD" so lets give Amy Her own Topic and stop all this Bollockeyed Arse Licking of a Known Alcoholic Drug Taking Wanna Be Rock Goddess Chick Please. :o:yesnod:

In My Honest Opinion.

Here.

http://forums.ledzep..._0&#entry418887

Very Kind Regards, Danny and ROCK ON FOREVER my friend ROF ROF ROF HA HA HA

Must be pretty slow in Robert's life that he would allow any rumors to fly regarding Led Zeppelin. My vote is for a Plant/Page acoustic set.

How is he "allowing" rumours to fly? All he did was express interest in performing at next year's Glastonbury festival but wasn't sure of the specifics. The media was the one who took that and started the rumours, not Robert.

I am happy that Robert will be performing at the Glastonbury Festival!smile.gif

It would be fantastic if it's with Jimmy and JPJ and Jason.

But it would be great just to see Robert performing in any capacity.

I am not familiar with the festival, although I am familiar with Glastonbury. Isn't Glastonbury where the tor is located, with some type of mystic vortexes or such (like in Sedona, Arizona)? And isn't it where King Arthur and Guinivere supposedly are buried? And isn't it the supposed location where Joseph of Arimathea supposedly took the Holy Grail?

I am happy that Robert will be performing at the Glastonbury Festival!smile.gif It would be fantastic if it's with Jimmy and JPJ and Jason. But it would be great just to see Robert performing in any capacity. I am not familiar with the festival, although I am familiar with Glastonbury. Isn't Glastonbury where the tor is located, with some type of mystic vortexes or such (like in Sedona, Arizona)? And isn't it where King Arthur and Guinivere supposedly are buried? And isn't it the supposed location where Joseph of Arimathea supposedly took the Holy Grail?

Glastonbury, a small town about 125 miles or 220 km west of London, is full of myth and legend. In ancient times, Glastonbury lay in a triangle with the enormous stone circles of Stonehenge and Avebury - between them they formed a world energy-point. Great circle lines go from Glastonbury to many sacred centres worldwide.

Off-Centerpiece - The Once and Future Queen

By MARY WILLIAMS WALSH, Mary Williams Walsh is The Times' correspondent in Canada|February 21, 1993

TORONTO — Ten years ago, Laurel Phelan was an unextraordinary young professional, working 9-to-5 as an accountant for a Vancouver oil company and training when she could for a life as a coloratura on the local opera scene.

But then one night began a series of recurrent nightmares--blood-soaked dreams that today seem destined to hurl Phelan down an unexpected path to Hollywood success.

All night long, Phelan recalls, she lay abed witnessing vivid scenes of death and destruction: Fortifications were in flames around her, horses were rearing, and she herself was pouncing on various marauding males, dispatching them with a two-foot sword applied straight through the neck. She was encased in a body that felt smaller and lighter than her own, and in an unfamiliar, throaty contralto, she addressed the men nearby as "Arthur," "Lancelot" and "Merlin."

They called her "Gwynnefwar."

articles.latimes.com/1993-02-21/entertainment/ca-952_1_future-queen

crystalinks.com/glastonburytor.html

imdb.com/title/tt0349683/

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=M4YtbKOT824

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Yo_HfIalvfs

Hi 'MisterMcLov1n'

Except they didnt do it on TV, in Public, or to Annoy or to take the Limelight away from Someone, did they? if they did i would give them the same short shrift as i gave Amy, and if they did please Post a Link, Via PM if you dont want a dressing down or a Banning Order from Admin, thanks.

How about the time John Bonham walked onstage in the middle of a Deep Purple gig at Nassau Coliseum in 1976, grabbed a mike and said "My name is John Bonham of Led Zeppelin, and I just wanna tell ya that we got a new album coming out called Presence and that it's fucking great! And as far as Tommy Bolin is concerned, he can't play for shit...."

This is a much-doccumented story but for your reference, this version appears on page 352 of Mick Wall's "When Giants walked The Earth"

Bonzo also threw orange juice over Albert Lee of Ten Years After mid-show and then stripped naked onstage during Jeff Beck's set at the New York World's Fair's site in Flushing Meadows, according to Richard Cole, and dragged Chuck Berry's drummer offstage to take his place at the Woodinville Festival - both in 1969.

How are those for examples of perfect, respectful behaviour to other artists?

The hypocrisy here is just absurd. :rolleyes:

*edited for spelling*

It's exciting to hear Robert Plant is considering a Glastonbury Festival performance. He's enjoyed good rapport with

Michael Eavis for many years and I should think he ultimately will elect to participate in next summer's event.

Hope he does regardless of who he plays with.

Strange Sensation

Current Country Band w/AK

All Star (?) Line up

2007 version of Led Zeppelin

One can make the judgement that his comments were tongue in cheek, sarcastic, stirring a pot that loves to get stirred, lathering up the natives, or just plain honest

I for one, would love to see Robert reunite with the Now and Zen lineup. they were damm good back in the day. I was sorry they didn't have at least one more album in them as a group before Fate of Nations.

On the subject of Amy Winehouse, I just have to ask why you people think it's so terrible that she's an "Alcoholic druggie," but that same thing is perfectly fine for other musicians. You do realize that most musicians - including our own dear Zeppelin - are or were alcoholics and drug addicts, don't you?

Interesting compassion for someone exhibiting such socially unnacceptable behavior. And the analogy is so true.

Surprisingly refreshing.

Consistency is the key however.

according to Richard Cole, and dragged Chuck Berry's drummer offstage to take his place at the Woodinville Festival - both in 1969.

*edited for spelling*

Don't know and can't imagine what Bonham was so angry about.. but I'm sure he gave Chuck Berry hell on the drums. Chuck Berry and John Bonham live in 1969. Chuck was tearing it up in the late 60's. If there is anything else to be said about this event, I'm ears. Am I a fool to ask if this was taped? Now, back to a worthwhile topic (Glastonbury).

Here met Robert Plant and Michael Eavis. B)

Ha Ha Ha HAA

Steel Panther @ 2:07

Interviewer: "So, Steel Panther, how important is fashion to YOU?"

SP Guy#1:"Lookit..This is how important it is to me, watch this OK? and like this and it's also important to me too..like this

Ah hah ha ha

oh man.

Death to all but metal.. lol.

From Brian May's own site.

Reportedy, according to:

nBBC 6 MUSIC

03/11/2009

Georgie Rogers

But May would do it at the 'drop of a hat' if asked by Plant...

Last Monday (26 Oct) at the Q Awards, Led Zeppelin frontman Robert Plant revealed he has been in talks with Glastonbury organiser Michael Eavis about playing next year’s 40th anniversary of the event.

As for Queen’s Brian May, he said they have not been asked and it's unlikely they'll be throwing their hat into the ring.

"We’re not really an operational unit at the moment so we’re not touting for work if you know what I mean," he said.

However, if Robert Plant - who was unsure of who he’d play with - were to ask him, May told 6 Music News he’d be there in a second.

"I'll go at the drop of a hat."

Brian May on joining forces with Robert Plant...

"I’d play with Robert anytime and when we have played together he’s wonderful. Robert is a rock god and an inspiration to us all, always will be," he said.

Adding: "There’s some people that remain your heroes which I rather feel good about. And [Eric] Clapton and [Jimmy] Page, Jeff Beck, those guys will always be heroes to me and that will never change, so yeah, of course I’ll go at the drop of a hat."

May was speaking at the Classic Rock Awards yesterday (02 Nov) to present the Best Reissue award to Black Sabbath’s Tony Iommi.

'Very busy'

Meanwhile, Brian May said it is unlikely Queen will be hitting the road next year for an extended tour.

"I’m very busy doing other stuff at the moment and so is Roger [Taylor]," he said. "I hope the time will come."

From 2004 to May 2009, May and Taylor collaborated with singer Paul Rodgers under the moniker Queen and Paul Rodgers. Since, Rodgers - formerly of Free, The Firm and The Law - has been touring with his reunited Bad Company bandmates in June and July.

Reflecting on the past few years, May said: "I think it was a very, very good period, very productive. It taught us a lot. Paul was and is one of the greatest singers and one of the greatest frontmen ever and we have a good relationship."

However, while they are keeping the door to future collaborations with Rodgers open, May assured us for now, the partnership has run its course.

"I think it was very good that we decided to stop it at that point because we had done what we set out to do which I think was to prove something to ourselves and have fun," he explained. "Paul needed to get back to his career. It would be kind of a tragedy if Paul got sucked away from his own legacy and his own history."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Interesting bit from the interview of Kasabian. Another option for Robert. :lol:

Turning to next summer’s festival season, we asked Meighan if Kasabian would consider performing at Glastonbury.

He replied: "If Michael Eavis calls, you come. If you don’t, you don’t but I can see him getting really massive established bands like the Stones.

"If it’s the 40th Anniversary I don’t think he’d pick us anyway to headline it. He’s gonna pick established bands that have been around over 30 or 40 years."

On the matter of Glastonbury, Robert Plant told us in October at the Q Awards: "I've just been talking to Michael. There's place for me there, but I have no idea who with."

We asked Meighan, who met the Led Zeppelin legend at the bash, if he would offer his services.

He joked: "I wouldn’t mind joining a band with Robert Plant one day, but I’ll sing and he can go on guitar."

Of their meeting, Meighan said: "I just told him how much I loved him. I called him 'Mr Plant'. He was like, 'Don’t call me Mr Plant, call me Robert and I brought your record and it’s great', is what he said. He was wonderful."

source: bbc

Interesting bit from the interview of Kasabian. Another option for Robert. :lol:

source: bbc

They're a great band - would be an interesting pairing for sure! I remember hearing Robert speak about them and saying how he was listening them a lot during the recording of Mighty Rearranger.

Archived