two different version of trampled under foot lyrics

Yuri

You gotta remember, Robert Plant isn't just speaking words, he's SINGING them. Sure, if Robert and I were in a room face to face talking to each other, I'd be able to know exactly what he's saying, but when he's singing, especially in the style he sings in, sometimes words escape the bounds of pronunciation and become more of a melody. On top of that, some phrases in the English language, when sung, sound very similar (i.e. "groovy leather trim" vs. "good electric"). Maybe that's not how it works in Russian music, but in Western music, I can assure you, that's the case.

'Koni's couldn't hold' is correct. A brand of shock absorber.

I still don't know what Mick Jagger is singing in 'Brown Sugar', another example of how difficult it can sometimes be trying to get lyrics from a record. I remember trying to get Cream's 'Crossroads' too-"I sold him my soul for mercy" sounded like "I scada-bumminnamercy" or something, he says it so fast. People mumble....it's not always easy

Yuri, I think what you are not understanding is that Robert Plant's vocals are somewhat unintelligible at times; no matter how many times you listen to the song you will have a difficult time translating what he sang. Sometimes he even slurs his words -- but it is my guess this is done to fit in with the music. That is, I believe in some songs he wanted his vocals to be another instrument to blend in with the music. He takes "poetic license" with the pronunciation of his lyrics sometimes.

Until Robert Plant releases a book with his Zeppelin lyrics (which most likely will NEVER happen), we will never know for sure what he is singing. He has even commented (probably as a joke) that he doesn't remember what he sang in some parts of some Zeppelin recordings. Guess Robert will take his lyrics to the grave with himself when he passes on, and certain lyrics will remain an eternal mystery (and don't get me started on what is being sung for the last line of the first verse of "The Ocean." Those lyrics were most likely transcribe by some record company employee--not Mr. Plant). :blink: .

Singing in the sunshine , laughing the rain

Sipping on the moonshine, rocking in the grain

I got no time to pack my bag's, my foots out side the door

I got a date and I can't be late, for the high hope's Hala Ball

I remember that one. B)

Archived