The Rain Song

McG5-0

New to the site and wanted to throw this out to everyone. I hope this isn't a repeat.

I have learned The Rain Song, one of my all time favorite Zep tunes, and I am blown away at the arrangement. How someone can use an alternate tuning and pull this out is amazing to me. Well, I know how, you have to be Page. Anyone else out there think that this arrangement is very complex in a writing and composition sense even though it is fairly easy to play. It continues to blow me away. Your thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...

New to the site and wanted to throw this out to everyone. I hope this isn't a repeat.

I have learned The Rain Song, one of my all time favorite Zep tunes, and I am blown away at the arrangement. How someone can use an alternate tuning and pull this out is amazing to me. Well, I know how, you have to be Page. Anyone else out there think that this arrangement is very complex in a writing and composition sense even though it is fairly easy to play. It continues to blow me away. Your thoughts.

I agree completely, it is an amazing piece of work! One of Jimmy's most genius moments.

Except for those of us who bought that big, white songbook, and learned it in G. Only years later did someone show me the ACTUAL way it's done. :slapface: I still only know how to play it wrong. Hate it when the books are wrong like that.

I know how you feel I only have one guitar and I don't like to spend any more time than I have to tuning it. So, I learn them by ear and what I find on the internet. I have to double check what I find on line as some of the site's I find are not correct to start with. :slapface:

Archived