2. 2. Do you think Amy Winehouse is a?

• Very Talented Person?
    • Very UnTalented Person?
    • Very Talented Person with Issues?
    • Very UnTalented Person with Issues?
    • Very Talented Shit Disturber?
    • Very UnTalented Shit Disturber?

Hi All,

Here's your chance to have your say, keep it clean wont you?

Very Kind Regards, Danny and ROCK ON FOREVER my friend ROF ROF ROF HA HA HA

PS, Multiple answers in the first part, single answes in the second part.

As I said above, I like her music a lot. I think she's very talented. I feel bad she struggles with addictions. I don't think she's just out there being a prat because she's a bad person and those who have met her have said she's been nothing short of kind and wonderful to work with. People don't make the best choices when they're addicted to any sort of drug - Jim Morrison pissed on an audience once! I'm not saying her heckling Robert for example was the best thing to do because it wasn't but she certainly isn't the only musician to have ever made poor choices.

As I said above, I like her music a lot. I think she's very talented. I feel bad she struggles with addictions. I don't think she's just out there being a prat because she's a bad person and those who have met her have said she's been nothing short of kind and wonderful to work with. People don't make the best choices when they're addicted to any sort of drug - Jim Morrison pissed on an audience once! I'm not saying her heckling Robert for example was the best thing to do because it wasn't but she certainly isn't the only musician to have ever made poor choices.

Hi 9,

"Jim Morrison pissed on an audience once!"

I would have loved to see Her do that to Robert, it certainly would have let the Cat/Pussy out of the Bag would'nt it? :lol:

Does She have a Weenie Beehive as well? i suppose we will never know now? still knowing Her you never can tell can you? ;)

Sure it's hypocritical to downgrade Amy for her activities when other band's personel have been involved in far more heinous antics.

The difference here is (crazed bands on the road) - The Doors, The Who, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, ALL these bands and musicians are GREAT MUSIC and Amy Winehouse's music SUCKS!!

There's no hypocrisy there. I can't stand her music and that makes her antics all the more revolting! BLEEEEEEEECCCCKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great thread. I hope to see more people getting their disgust out!

The difference here is (crazed bands on the road) - The Doors, The Who, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, ALL these bands and musicians are GREAT MUSIC and Amy Winehouse's music SUCKS!!

:rolleyes:

That's a matter of opinion.

Hi All,

This is what i just Love about Alcoholics and Drug Abusers, it not only Sickens me but leaves me in Despair as to how to Rehabilitate these Bloddy Fools.

"Amy Winehouse allegedly stole cocaine from Kate Moss's handbag, her ex-husband has claimed.Blake Fielder-Civil said they were partying with the supermodel in New York when Winehouse went into her purse and pocketed two grammes of the drug.

They were mingling with other models and Hollywood stars in a private suite at the city's Gramercy Park Hotel.

He said: 'Kate had told Amy to get a $10 note out of her handbag to snort lines with.

But Amy told me she found two grammes of cocaine in there – so she nicked them.'We did some in the toilets and had sex, but we did the rest in front of everyone.

And he added that Moss, 35, was 'so drunk she never noticed it was missing'.

article-0-05DB176C000005DC-455_233x423.jpgTell all: Amy's ex husband Blake Fielder-Civil has spilled the beans

on the singer

Fielder-Civil, 27, who married Winehouse, 25, in May 2007 butdivorced her 11 days ago, also said his ex got addicted to heroinimmediately after her first hit of the drug.

He said she first tried the Class A drug during one of their 'mad nights' in an east London hotel room in 2006 after watching him take it.

'Wehad a bottle of pink champagne and had sex and were lying on the bedtalking. I'd been smoking heroin on my own before that but never infront of her,' he said.

'I got a bit for myself and she looked at me and said, "can I have some?" I was out of my mind on drugs and I said, "of course".

'She inhaled the heroin and then just sat back, smiled, and her eyes went a bit funny.

She said, "I can see why you take this". Amy took to heroin like a duck to water.'

ButFielder-Civil, who claimed they spent up to £7,000 a week on drugs,said within a matter of weeks, she was begging him to buy more, beforeshe allegedly moved on to crack cocaine.

Kate Moss was unavailable for comment.

Fielder-Civilwas today reported to have been sent back to rehab after failinganother drugs test. Failing a test is a breach of his parole terms.

He left prison in February after serving time for assault and trial-fixing."

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz0VCSVOoDS

Celebrities, who wants to be one? Why People Hero Worship these Low Lifes i'll never know, Crucifixion would be Too Good for these Abusers in My Opinion. I just cant wait for the Muslims to Introduce Sharia Law over here in England, what an Exidos we would see of these Worthless Cretins then.:thumbsup:

Regards, Danny

The girl definitely has some serious issues. It seems to run in the family as her father is a real class act. I'm sure when she heckled Robert at the Q Awards the other day, she was a bit out of it and most likely on something. Whether she knew what she was doing or meant it, is another thing. Who knows!

Danny, you've gotta stop reading the Daily Mail. It gets you too out of sorts.

Just say a prayer for them and hope they find their way to the methadone clinic. Otherwise be nice. Heroin addicts have a hard time and require patience.

Here, maybe this will help.

Just close your eyes and unwind.

Let all the tension flow out and imagine that all the addicts are getting well, safely guided by their guardian angels.

How about the time John Bonham walked onstage in the middle of a DeepPurple gig at Nassau Coliseum in 1976, grabbed a mike and said "My nameis John Bonham of Led Zeppelin, and I just wanna tell ya that we got anew album coming out called Presence and that it's fucking great! Andas far as Tommy Bolin is concerned, he can't play for shit...."

Thisis a much-doccumented story but for your reference, this versionappears on page 352 of Mick Wall's "When Giants walked The Earth"

Bonzoalso threw orange juice over Albert Lee of Ten Years After mid-show andthen stripped naked onstage during Jeff Beck's set at the New YorkWorld's Fair's site in Flushing Meadows, according to Richard Cole, anddragged Chuck Berry's drummer offstage to take his place at theWoodinville Festival - both in 1969.

How are those for examples of perfect, respectful behaviour to other artists?

The hypocrisy here is just absurd. :rolleyes:

*edited for spelling*

Hi Knebby,

I was Brought up to "NEVER" speak ill of the Dead, it seems we come from a very different Generation. :D

Those Naughty Things you Quoted about JB i was unaware off, so Yes you are Right about my "Ignorance" but not my "Hypocrisy".

Richard Cole, i wouldnt give him too much Credence, nobody does, why would you? Just to make a Point?

As for JB at the Deep Purple Gig, well its not as if Richie Blackmore didnt do a simular thing during the "Come Hell or High Water" Concert Video is it?

As i have said before I'm not for one minute condoning this sort of behavior from People that i "Like the Music Of" so why bring JB up? My Interest is only about their Music, i have Never Had Any Interest in their Personal Lives, Ever, and i cant say that i have Ever Seen RP-JP-JPJ or JB Act in the Disgusting Way that Amy Winehouse has made a Career of these last few years, in Public or on English TV, if you can let me know and i'll give them the Same Short Shrift i have given Amy Winehouse.

JB is Gone and can do no more harm, Amy is on the same self distructive path, you know her Knebby so what are you going to do about it?

Are you going to Tell Her to Stop Acting like the Spoil Brat that She is?

Are you going to Tell Her to Stop Her Drug Abuse?

Are you going to Tell Her to Stop Her Alcohol Abuse?

Are you going to Tell Her to Stop Her Celebrity Abuse?

Are you going to Tell Her to Stop Her Fashon Abuse?

Are you going to Tell Her to Stop Doing Anything?

Or are you going to Take the Money and Keep Stum like all "Good People" do in the Record and Celebrity Business? And watch The Artist they are Supposed to be so much in Awe of Self Distruct, and say "It has nothing to do with me what they do, they have their own mind, its their life" So we are left with another Janis, Jimi, Keith, Jim or a John Bonham, because People havent got the Guts to Open their Gobs and Say Something, and all because they Might Loose out on a Few Quid or end up without a Client, awe shucks the Price is too high i suppose.

People like you who go around giving Credence to Mentaly ill People like Amy Winehouse are as much to Blame for Their behavior as their Drug Dealers in my Honest Opinion. Instead of Condeming Her and Her Actions You either Support Her Actions, Fudge Her Issues with Rhetoric or Simply Say Nothing, Shame on You All.

Untill People in the Business actually Come Out and Condem these Alcholic Drug-Abuser Cretins then we are all going to have to watch their Antics on TV and in the Papers. Untill their Obituaries Come Out, and what do you do then? Move on to the Next Victim i Suppose.

So all in all Knebby your "absurd hypocrisy" outways mine by about 1Million to 1, you could/can do something about Her behavior, i cant, i can only Gob Off, at least you could/can Gob Off to Her face to Face.

I'm getting Concerned about your Seagull Management Approach as well, whats that all about?

PS, Albert Lee was never with "Ten Years After" that was Alvin, i have a Friend who knows Albert and said what a wondeful Guitarist he is.

Sorry for the Albert/Alvin mistake - entirely my fault.

The rest of your post is just too ridiculous to respond to, and as usual virtually impossible to follow due to your 'creative' use of capital letters.

Somehow I knew you wouldn't show any integrity and actually stand by your words. See ya.

I love Amy Winehouse. I don't think what she did at the awards ceremony was so terrible as far as rock stars go...... its kind of sad how some people here just took that as an opportunity to be rude/immature for no real reason other than to be rude/immature.

Untill People in the Business actually Come Out and Condem these Alcholic Drug-Abuser Cretins then we are all going to have to watch their Antics on TV and in the Papers.

You must long for the 80s BIGDAN. It's been done! Remember the old MTV commercials? :lol:

20igyzl.jpg

mt48c8.jpg

Some more comedy,

http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&source=hp&q=r+a+d+rockers+against+drugs&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=ElDoSqGhDY3SM_rLpaEI&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CBsQqwQwAw#

Being a hard rock/metal type, I was late learning about her music.

However, after repeatedly listening to Frank, I learned she was a true singer who sang with honest emotion, much like Janis Joplin.

Additionally, I really respected her individualism and not conforming to standard “pop” niches.

Frank is an interesting title for the CD, as it could work as the description as well.

Her authenticity and soul-baring vocals bring to mind the same feelings I get from Pretty Hate Machine by Nine Inch Nails.

And she continues the same emotion with Back to Black, albeit in a different style.

Where Frank is reminiscent of a 1940s sultry (if somewhat trashy) lounge singer, Back to Black seems to pay homage to 60s girl groups (again, with the trashy aspect).

Songs like What Is It About Men and Back to Black are intensely intimate, and again reveal an emotional honesty I respect.

Stronger Than Me, You Know I'm No Good, and particularly Amy, Amy Amy reveal a totally different type of honesty that I find very sexy - the confidence in herself as a sexual being, with no pretense.

Yeah, she may be a skank, but I still find her very sexy because of that confidence.

As for her problems, I find it odd that they'd be debated on a rock music forum.

Addictions, bad behavior and poor decisions are so commonplace in the music industry as to be entirely unremarkable.

Are hers a little more than average?

Most definitely.

But frankly, she's probably no worse than Scott Weiland or Layne Staley or celebrities like Andy Dick - oh wait, Layne's dead, isn't he? lulz.

I remember reading a funny remark that it's bad when Kieth Richards thinks you need to take it easy.

Overall, I think she's incredibly talented as well as incredibly troubled.

Anyone who doesn't like her music can be understood, taste varies.

But I would question anyone who can't appreciate her music, because it is very genuine and heartfelt, and that means a lot in today's industry.

Sure it's hypocritical to downgrade Amy for her activities when other band's personel have been involved in far more heinous antics.

There's no hypocrisy there. I can't stand her music and that makes her antics all the more revolting! BLEEEEEEEECCCCKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great thread. I hope to see more people getting their disgust out!

Also, I fail to see how not liking her music doesn't make you a hypocrite. Please explain it to me.

Being a hard rock/metal type, I was late learning about her music.

However, after repeatedly listening to Frank, I learned she was a true singer who sang with honest emotion, much like Janis Joplin.

Additionally, I really respected her individualism and not conforming to standard “pop” niches.

Frank is an interesting title for the CD, as it could work as the description as well.

Her authenticity and soul-baring vocals bring to mind the same feelings I get from Pretty Hate Machine by Nine Inch Nails.

And she continues the same emotion with Back to Black, albeit in a different style.

Where Frank is reminiscent of a 1940s sultry (if somewhat trashy) lounge singer, Back to Black seems to pay homage to 60s girl groups (again, with the trashy aspect).

Songs like What Is It About Men and Back to Black are intensely intimate, and again reveal an emotional honesty I respect.

Stronger Than Me, You Know I'm No Good, and particularly Amy, Amy Amy reveal a totally different type of honesty that I find very sexy - the confidence in herself as a sexual being, with no pretense.

Yeah, she may be a skank, but I still find her very sexy because of that confidence.

As for her problems, I find it odd that they'd be debated on a rock music forum.

Addictions, bad behavior and poor decisions are so commonplace in the music industry as to be entirely unremarkable.

Are hers a little more than average?

Most definitely.

But frankly, she's probably no worse than Scott Weiland or Layne Staley or celebrities like Andy Dick - oh wait, Layne's dead, isn't he? lulz.

I remember reading a funny remark that it's bad when Kieth Richards thinks you need to take it easy.

Overall, I think she's incredibly talented as well as incredibly troubled.

Anyone who doesn't like her music can be understood, taste varies.

But I would question anyone who can't appreciate her music, because it is very genuine and heartfelt, and that means a lot in today's industry.

For the first time, I completely agree with you. I never thought I'd say this, but well said, Type O.

People like you who go around giving Credence to Mentaly ill People like Amy Winehouse are as much to Blame for Their behavior as their Drug Dealers in my Honest Opinion. Instead of Condeming Her and Her Actions You either Support Her Actions, Fudge Her Issues with Rhetoric or Simply Say Nothing, Shame on You All.

Didn't know mentally ill people deserve condemnation... That's a new psychiatric method?

Sorry for the Albert/Alvin mistake - entirely my fault.

The rest of your post is just too ridiculous to respond to, and as usual virtually impossible to follow due to your 'creative' use of capital letters.

Somehow I knew you wouldn't show any integrity and actually stand by your words. See ya.

You dont have to apologise to me Knebby, we all make mistakes from time to time, me more than most.

My post may be ridiculous to some people who are more engrossed in celebrity than actually helping people with a massive drink and drug problem, as massive as their supposed talent i may add.

My post is only impossible to follow by someone who has nothing to defend themselves with but ridicule, i use my 'creative' use of capital letters to point out the importance of my point although i do get very carried away with it when my blood is up and i have a very valid point to make, as i have done in this topic.

My integrity is as intact as ever, how's yours? I have absolutely no time for alcoholics or drug takers in my life, never have done and never will, either as friends or as family, they can either get lost or i will. There is help out there if they want it, but if they chose not to then too hell with them, they are not taking me down that road to hell with them.

And all done without the CREATIVE use of CAPITAL LETTERS. ;)

...excuse me?

If you've ever had to deal with mental illness - if it was yourself or someone you know - you wouldn't say that. It isn't as simple as telling someone to go to rehab or see a psychiatrist. You can tell them to do that, but they have to do it on their own. You can't force them to do it.

Frankly, I think your posts are becoming increasingly insulting. Never mind your hypocrisy, let's talk about your complete and utter ignorance about substance abuse and mental illnesses in general. You shouldn't hate the person who abuses substances. Just because they do that, it doesn't mean that they are bad people, like you seem to think. My Dad is one of the best people I know, but when he was younger he had a big problem with alcohol. He eventually managed to over come it after I was born, but he did still have that problem. Even when he did, he was still a very smart, funny and nice guy. Hate the sin, not the sinner. Other members of my family and other people I know have also had problems with drugs and alcohol. They aren't bad people because of it.

I find it extremely insulting that your attacks have now gone beyond just substance abuse to include ALL mental illnesses in general. I've suffered from anxiety disorders and chronic depression, as have almost half the people in my family. I had an uncle who committed suicide because of it. Other members of my family were bipolar, as are several family friends. I've got friends who have depression, who have cut themselves, classmates who have committed suicide. I know people who were abused, the people who abused them, and the psychological issues that caused them to do it. These sorts of problems aren't simple, they aren't easy to understand, and they certainly aren't as cut and dry as you seem to think they are.

Do me a favor: stop condescending people who have problems that you know nothing about. At the very least, take a psychology course to learn about these conditions. Stop talking about it until you know what the hell it is you're talking about.

Didn't know mentally ill people deserve condemnation... That's a new psychiatric method?

Hi Kat, you know what i mean, She needs to be made aware of how she is behaving, what the abuse is doing to her mind as well as her body, not all this pandering up to her, saying what a massive talent she is, but giving it to her straight. Untill then she will stay on this downward spiral untill her death.

I dont know what is worse, Her behavior or people who arse lick her all the time. Nobody but herself can get the help she needs, and what she dosent need is record companies, management, hangers on, friends and lovers helping her to degenerate in to the oblivion she is headed. I had hoped someone with your intelligence would understand this?

Also, I fail to see how not liking her music doesn't make you a hypocrite. Please explain it to me.

For the first time, I completely agree with you. I never thought I'd say this, but well said, Type O.

Yes Type O,for the first time,well said...Except for the "skank" part.I don't buy that rationalization.That's gender bias! ;)

I'm on Amy's side and I hope she can figure it out before it kills her.I hate to see anyone ruin their life,talented or not!

Archived