If Keith Moon hadn't uttered Led Zeppelin

LeD-kHaN

Page, Plant & co. were considering names like The New Yardbirds, Whopee Cushions and Mad Dogs before the name Led Zeppelin was chosen. I feel that LZ is an appropriate name which conveys strength, aplomb and grace.

What would you have called this band?

Page, Plant & co. were considering names like The New Yardbirds, Whopee Cushions and Mad Dogs before the name Led Zeppelin was chosen. I feel that LZ is an appropriate name which conveys strength, aplomb and grace.

LEDZEPPELIN2-1.jpg

Very Kind Regards, Danny and ROCK ON FOREVER my friend ROF ROF ROF HA HA HA

how about "the best figgin' band in the universe" or "the greatest band" great choices in my mind but if we combine these names together we can get the best name give me a moment to think...............i got it......Led Zeppelin!

Wacko Jacko...or The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen...

Robert Fripp is such an ordinary gentleman. Humble too.

fripp_leaguef.jpg

We might have never had John Bonham if not for Moonie's errant suggestion. That had to have disappointed Jimmy with his lead balloon remark. " I'll show you Keith!! I'll get the better drummer in Bonzo and show you what heights we can achieve! Ha! And for you Entwistle, I'll also find a better bassist and you can stay with that twit Pete! " Roger that!

• The Cowsills (oops, already taken ... and who here remembers them??)
    The Brady Bunch
    Jimmy Page and the Second Edition (playing off Kenny Rogers & The First Edition; plus, it's the "second" edition of the Yardbirds -- somewhat)
    The Sex Pistols
    Percy, Pagey, Bonzo & Jones (to riff off of Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young)
    The Sluts
    The Slags
    Bastard Rockabilly Children
    Motorhead
    Lead Zeppelin

I'm just keeding!!

:lol:

The name wasnt really important. Theyre music was so powerful and great that they could've called themeslve whatever they wanted it didnt matter what they called the band.

So agree...it's the music!!

Maybe why they where entertaining some silly name's as apposed to only the serious type of name.

Get people's attention with a freaky name and then hit a home run with the music when some one tune's in to see what it's all about. B)

Hammer of the Gods :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hammer of the Gods :rolleyes:

I think that one suits them well ;) If they were to choose another name I think they would have come up with something divine, epic and mystical, so Hammer Of The Gods wasn't bad at all!

Archived