Need Led Zeppelin Fan/ Wikipedia Editor

zeppphead

^^ That's the writer's interpretation that Plant was referring to "Page's and others'" drug use, when he was quite clearly including himself among the "others." So he quit the hard drugs.

Plant and Page have sometimes said negative things about each other over the years, of the "sniping" variety (and in private I'm sure they said a lot more), but that's a very long way from saying that Plant blamed all the bad things that ever happened to Zeppelin on Jimmy.

OMG... Yeah, he's always spoke highly of Pagey as a band-mate and as a friend, and I'm not saying that he said anything negative about Pagey, however, I do remember one interview- he said Jimmy brought some problems to the band or something like that. Google search does not help because I don't remember the exact words..

I'll let you guys know If I find it. Now please... I'm a (big big) fan, not a critic... slapface.gif

Alright, I forgive you.

You can stop beating yourself up now. wink.gif

Zeppphead, there were quite a few "fanzines" (so-called exclusives) in the early 80's that painted that story. I have yet to see any direct, confirmed quote from Robert Plant that says any such thing. I'm not battling you about it, I just want to see it. All smiles from here! I just want to make it clear for all of us. B)

Alright, I forgive you.

You can stop beating yourself up now. wink.gif

Zeppphead, there were quite a few "fanzines" (so-called exclusives) in the early 80's that painted that story. I have yet to see any direct, confirmed quote from Robert Plant that says any such thing. I'm not battling you about it, I just want to see it. All smiles from here! I just want to make it clear for all of us.

Thank you so much guys.... for forgiving me :D

The idiocy and hypocracy of WP knows no bounds -

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Dazed_and_Confused&action=history

:huh:

As for Jimmy & Robert being "negative" - I've got GREAT friends. Most for 6-8 years (which is a long time when you're 15) I love them all to death, but sometimes you just get a bit tired of each other. I'm sure it's much worse actually living & being on tour together.

I suppose my point is that even the best of friends can get on each others nerves at times.

I wouldn't take all the negative things so seriously. Sometimes you can just randomly go off on someone after a bad day. In Jimmy & Robert case, the press was just there to catch it.

:huh:

As for Jimmy & Robert being "negative" - I've got GREAT friends. Most for 6-8 years (which is a long time when you're 15) I love them all to death, but sometimes you just get a bit tired of each other. I'm sure it's much worse actually living & being on tour together.

I suppose my point is that even the best of friends can get on each others nerves at times.

I wouldn't take all the negative things so seriously. Sometimes you can just randomly go off on someone after a bad day. In Jimmy & Robert case, the press was just there to catch it.

You, Ma'am, are damn right!

Those “expert level” fans usually act like they don’t have anything to prove, to anyone (as they should, for the matter).

This is extremely true. As a young fan I would lash out at people who had never heard or didn't like them and I thought to myself, "what the hell is wrong with these people?" But as time goes by you learn to just accept it and move on. I know they are the Greatest Band Ever and you do too, and that's all that really matters.

I was sitting in my friend's car (he listens to rap) and he had some random radio station on and someone had called in and the DJ made a joke about her friend being "Dazed and Confused" of course being a Zeppelin fan I jumped on the sound of those words, but the caller of course said, "what?" and had a dumb founded tone in her voice. It just goes to show more people listen to Zeppelin then you think and if they don't then hell, they are missing out.

• 4 weeks later...

I will say this about Wikipedia..

They have separate page entries for every single Zeppelin track..

I don't see that with other bands.

You gotta remeber this one of the most over analyzed bands in rock, Allmusic.com reviews at leat 2 songs on every album - compared 1 song review in Van Halen's entire catalogue.

Over-analyzation (?) of the band isn't necessarily a bad thing. The individual song pages don't exactly shit on every little chord or lyric they did, rather try to give an indepth description of their conceptions. That is hardly a knock on the band.

listen : I never said the site knocked the band. My point is that there is lots of opinions about the band's music who ever write about them.

The 200 million figure is repeated twice in the article now. A figure which is disputed.

The dispute had been settled a long long time ago. Actually the 300 million record sales figure was disputed. Secondly, no, there's nothing wrong in repeating a fact in another section. Its the way band articles are done on WP. Thanks.

I will say this about Wikipedia..

They have separate page entries for every single Zeppelin track..

I don't see that with other bands.

The Beatles are treated the same way, depending upon popularity. Usually they assign a project related to every single big band, for instance WikiProject Led Zeppelin, WikiProject The Who etc.

listen : I never said the site knocked the band. My point is that there is lots of opinions about the band's music who ever write about them.

Dear. There isn't always negative bias. What do you say about the solid legacy section that I wrote. Secondly I always try to clear up any negative/positive bias on every artists' entry I get to see.

Yeah, Meg. Wikipedia; in its entirety, is dying... or in other words, suffering a huge loss. Watch out this BBC report. Actually, Atlantic Records, is easily the undisputed, and the best reference to find out estimated record sales and it says 200 million. I've killed and helped indefinitely block two of the most active Who fanboys, but what else I can do?... I'm the only player with no support, or whatsoever. On the other hand, I absolutely love The Who and Monnie, but I always prefer unbiased content on Wikipedia.

Archived